SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:55 AM
Registered Lurker
Joined Aug 2004
2,611 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Careful!
What to do 5 days after sending money but no tracking number

Today is 5 days after paypal-ing money for a product, and I sent the seller an email asking for a tracking number. I was given a story that his daughter was in the hospital and that's why he couldn't ship. Never mind, he's been able to post on rcgroups in various threads for the past 5 days ....

I've just asked him to refund the money.

How long do you typically wait before sending a dispute to paypal (or identifying the user on rcgroups?)

---Edit-- I've received my refund via paypal. I don't know the status of the other buyers
Nethole is offline Find More Posts by Nethole
Last edited by Nethole; Jun 09, 2012 at 07:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 06:32 AM
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Here's the reply I just received from him:
Hi mate.
I have a problem. My 1 year old daughter is in a critical condition in a hospital (stopped breathing in her sleep during the night) and because of that I still haven't shipped your item to you.

I think I can ship in on Sunday morning, can you please wait until that ?
I am deeply sorry for the delay,
Sharon

Humm...I wonder if this guy is legitimate?
Gkimbal is offline Find More Posts by Gkimbal
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:02 AM
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I went ahead and filed a dispute with Paypal. You should file before 45 days of your purchase. The dispute can be escalated to a claim within 20 days of opening a dispute. Seven days are required to allow for the shipment to arrive and clear customs. Paypal has a tutorial on their website about filing claims and disputes. I just copied and pasted the last email that was sent to me from the seller and sent that to Paypal along with an explanation about the sellers ability to find time to make posts, but not send the items.
Gkimbal is offline Find More Posts by Gkimbal
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:48 AM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,687 Posts
Trader Rating: 66
On one hand, he may be posting from the hospital. I think you're right to file the claim to cover yourself.

BTW - are you nethole or GKimbal?
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Jun 08, 2012, 08:01 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,673 Posts
Trader Rating: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
On one hand, he may be posting from the hospital. I think you're right to file the claim to cover yourself.

BTW - are you nethole or GKimbal?
Hehehe..I was gonna reply earlier...but..I didn't know who was who......Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Jun 08, 2012, 08:28 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,667 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
I don't like aliases......just ran into that somewhere else,giving a good effort a bad name-(sock puppet on a forum request)
Not that it matters who I am,but if you can decide who you are,maybe we'll talk.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:15 AM
Registered Lurker
Joined Aug 2004
2,611 Posts
Feel free to report my post to an admin, claiming Gkimbal is my puppet. He's not. I'd be quite happy to have an admin post confirmation that nethole and gkimbal are completely different accounts and different people (posting from different areas... yada yada).
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:37 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,667 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethole View Post
Feel free to report my post to an admin, claiming Gkimbal is my puppet. He's not. I'd be quite happy to have an admin post confirmation that nethole and gkimbal are completely different accounts and different people (posting from different areas... yada yada).
If I'm wrong,I apologise-WOW! you both answered as if you were the same person with the same problem,at the same time,in the same place.
Can you find it in your heart to forgive me??
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:50 AM
EASILY ANNOYED
United States, MI, New Buffalo
Joined Aug 2011
151 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
I received the exact same excuse, from the seller in question, yesterday.
zuby1 is offline Find More Posts by zuby1
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:57 AM
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
189 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
Wow, 3 people already know who the person that is apparently trying to rip some of us off is? Did I miss something? I went to the top and re-read all, somewhat confusing to see the 2nd and 3rd post. Made me think it was the same person but I guess Gkimbal just knows who the OP is talking about. I'm totally confused(not Hard to do) Maybe if we all knew who the seller that looks like he/she is not following through with their end of the deal is. Might help.?.?.? Doubtfully but worth a try.
Mahu is online now Find More Posts by Mahu
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:59 AM
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
Joined May 2002
3,171 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkimbal View Post
Here's the reply I just received from him:
Hi mate.
I have a problem. My 1 year old daughter is in a critical condition in a hospital (stopped breathing in her sleep during the night) and because of that I still haven't shipped your item to you.

I think I can ship in on Sunday morning, can you please wait until that ?
I am deeply sorry for the delay,
Sharon

Humm...I wonder if this guy is legitimate?
How did you get a reply for the problem nethole is having? How would you know what member he was even talking about?
Steve_A_Reno is offline Find More Posts by Steve_A_Reno
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:06 AM
EASILY ANNOYED
Joined Aug 2011
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A_Reno View Post
How did you get a reply for the problem nethole is having? How would you know what member he was even talking about?
By searching the words, daughter + hospital.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:12 AM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
921 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Well after looking at both of these guys latest post, they both bought items from sharonx around the same time. I've bought from him before and everything went fine. I'd say the excuse is legitimate.

Good luck to everyone, but bare with him and see what happens before he gets crucified here.
Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:22 AM
EASILY ANNOYED
Joined Aug 2011
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett1234567 View Post
Well after looking at both of these guys latest post, they both bought items from XXXXXX around the same time. I've bought from him before and everything went fine. I'd say the excuse is legitimate.

Good luck to everyone, but bare with him and see what happens before he gets crucified here.
Garrett
That is exactly why nobody disclosed his username... until you just did!
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:23 AM
Registered Lurker
Joined Aug 2004
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A_Reno View Post
I searched through the online forsale items, and looked for everyone who bought from the person around the same time i did. I saw a large number of things for sale by the seller. I PM-ed each person to ask if they had received their merchandise. Each person told me that they had received 'my daughter's in the hospital message'.

I saw this seller had been posting online for several days after completing sales.

This made me think the seller was trying to make a cash grab before junking his rcgroups account. It wouldn't be the first time someone who had be registered for a while 'ditched a bunch of buyers' at the same time.

If there's a legitimate medical problem, that sucks, but don't use a 'supposed' medical problem 4 days after a sale to claim to be a reason why you couldn't ship earlier.

Time for the seller to just refund the money, as has been requested by me through PMs, and via paypal.