SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 06, 2013, 08:20 PM
United States, NC, High Point
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
LOL the people in your town are going to freak out i can see it now, "its a alien invasion"!!!!!
jbynum1631 is offline Find More Posts by jbynum1631
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2013, 10:37 PM
Monrovia, California
Joined May 2008
18 Posts
I live across the street from a high school in Monrovia, CA and night fly my slow stick almost every night. I've had the police stop and chat so many times I'e lost count a couple years ago. The fire department came once with lights and siren and the Pasadena Police helicopter have circled many times and lit up my plane with their spot light at least 4 times. Once a rookie cop was trying to tell me I'm breaking the law and he may have to take me in. His supervisor showed up and started laughing, saying "He's cool, he's the UFO guy. We let him fly whenever he wants". I've had people 5-6 miles away in Pasadena get on the freeway and follow the lights all the way to where I was flying. I have 40 strips of lights (20 white on top, 20 red below) and I use Nanotech 2200 4's to run everything and it's BRIGHT. I fly it down in Seal Beach on the weekends - people flip down there - convinced it's a UFO. I've found almost every cop I've run into to be very cool. My dad, a retired policeman with Pasadena Police after 36 years told me long ago, "be polite to cops and they'll usually be polite back"..
Neutron3 is offline Find More Posts by Neutron3
Old May 08, 2013, 11:08 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Elevator View Post
One of my night flying buddies has long wanted to get all the people we know who have night planes to go out for a coordinated night fly -- all launching simultaneously from different locations throughout the city, so that there are UFO's everywhere. The plan would be to fly for just 5 minutes or so, land simultaneously, put our planes away and vanish. And then sit back and see what kind of a reaction we get. We've never managed to put one together yet, but at one point, we figured we could get at least 15 or so planes up at once.
Hi Cliff!!!

This is not a joke..... Well maybe it is. Seriously paranoid people may not be able to sleep.

We found a fix for the problem. Get the police to fly with you.

We found night flying to be one of our best recruiting tools to get new flyers.
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old May 15, 2013, 01:35 PM
Testing Gravity Daily
Roy, Ut
Joined Nov 2009
3 Posts
I use to have the police stop and watch often, but where my friends and I fly almost every night the local population is use to it.
There are a few however that are compleatly baffled.
UFO Landing in Ogden Utah 8/11/2012 (1 min 41 sec)
fun2mini is offline Find More Posts by fun2mini
Last edited by fun2mini; May 15, 2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old May 15, 2013, 07:16 PM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
United States, MI, Novi
Joined Jan 2011
522 Posts
A Different Experience

I had a very scary run in with the Michigan State Police. That was 6 nights ago. After all that happened, I am waiting until Friday to give details. Still not sure if that was the end of it, or if I am in some trouble; figure it best not to post too much online too soon ... just in case.

Oh, I don't think I was doing anything wrong. Perhaps wrong place at wrong time. Use your imagination.

Perhaps more details Friday.
mybad is offline Find More Posts by mybad
Old May 15, 2013, 07:19 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybad View Post
I had a very scary run in with the Michigan State Police. That was 6 nights ago. After all that happened, I am waiting until Friday to give details. Still not sure if that was the end of it, or if I am in some trouble; figure it best not to post too much online too soon ... just in case.

Oh, I don't think I was doing anything wrong. Perhaps wrong place at wrong time. Use your imagination.

Perhaps more details Friday.
Uh oh
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old May 17, 2013, 12:08 PM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
United States, MI, Novi
Joined Jan 2011
522 Posts
Details of State Police Encounter

Here are details of that encounter.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post25020623
mybad is offline Find More Posts by mybad
Old May 26, 2013, 09:57 PM
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Oct 2001
165 Posts
A couple nights ago, a cop went to the end of the street turned around and shut his car off watching me fly. As soon as I landed he came to me. Asked me how long I had been flying it. I told him for about 6 months. He started laughing, said you would not believe the 911 calls that have come in on the lights in the sky. He hanged around for another flight and another cop came up said he saw the lights from over three miles away. Now every time I fly one shows up and watches.
Cub Man is offline Find More Posts by Cub Man