SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 06, 2011, 06:43 AM
Australia, NSW, Ingleburn
Joined Dec 2009
202 Posts
Help!
Wasp V3 Setup problem

I recently had to replace a main shaft and frame connector on my V3 FP after 1 of the screws holding the rotor holders snapped. Luckily the blades missed my head The problem I have now is that when the servo arms are set at 90 as they should be the swashplate is not level. Am I doing something wrong or am I using a wrong main shaft?

ingleburn is online now Find More Posts by ingleburn
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2011, 05:56 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
981 Posts
You have one of the Original WASP V3 FP. What is the part number of the main shaft you got to replace the original main shaft? What if any other parts are you replacing in the head? If you are please email me ther part numbers. They should be on the packages for the parts and should all start with the WH3 prefix I need to know exactly what part numbers you got as all of the WASP V3 original head parts, like the main shaft, rotor holders and such have been upgraded for the newer version main gear setup.

Regards
Max
www.skyartec-usa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingleburn View Post
I recently had to replace a main shaft and frame connector on my V3 FP after 1 of the screws holding the rotor holders snapped. Luckily the blades missed my head The problem I have now is that when the servo arms are set at 90 as they should be the swashplate is not level. Am I doing something wrong or am I using a wrong main shaft?

Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 07, 2011, 04:23 AM
Joined Dec 2009
202 Posts
Hi Max, The parts I replaced on the Wasp are as follows:

Main shaft set for 4ch for SkyArtec Wasp V3 (WH3-012)
As I had a brand new wasp sitting there I undid The screw holding the frame connector on and used the frame connector, rotor holders and pitch axis on the old 1 as well. Do you think this may be the problem? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 04:30 AM
Joined Dec 2008
981 Posts
Quote:

As I had a brand new wasp sitting there I undid The screw holding the frame connector on and used the frame connector, rotor holders and pitch axis on the old 1 as well. Do you think this may be the problem? Thanks in advance for your help.
Yes perhaps you used parts from the new version of the helicopter as these parts have changed.
You can see the update information at our site here

Regards
Max
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 09, 2011, 05:54 PM
Joined Dec 2009
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Yes perhaps you used parts from the new version of the helicopter as these parts have changed.
You can see the update information at our site here

Regards
Max
www.skyartec-usa.com
Hi Max, well after looking over the parts I used and cross referencing with your store it looks like everything should be fine.
1 thing I did notice was that the black plastic outer piece of the frame connector can be moved up and down the inner piece. If I move it to about half way then the swash is level but then there isnt enough pitch on the blades. Maybe I could glue it there and work out some way of increasing pitch. Or maybe something else is wrong. If you look at the following pic and compare it to the others you will see what I mean.

Take no notice of the blade holders as I had the linkages off
Old Sep 10, 2011, 01:21 AM
Joined Dec 2008
981 Posts
Quote:

Is the new WASP you removed the parts from a CCPM version and the older helicopter you are trying to fix a FP version?
Frame connector is totally different for the each of these versions

Max
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2011, 02:40 AM
Joined Dec 2009
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Is the new WASP you removed the parts from a CCPM version and the older helicopter you are trying to fix a FP version?
Frame connector is totally different for the each of these versions

Max
No the new 1 is a FP as well. Pulled it down today and leveled the swash and adjusted the servo linkages to suit and all is good again. The frame connector still moves up and down if I use force on it so tomorrow I might CA it in place and that should be the end of my problems. By the way the frame connector is off the new FP Here is a short video showing the problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BRPo...er_profilepage
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:49 PM
Joined Dec 2008
981 Posts
Quote:
No the new 1 is a FP as well. Pulled it down today and leveled the swash and adjusted the servo linkages to suit and all is good again. The frame connector still moves up and down if I use force on it so tomorrow I might CA it in place and that should be the end of my problems. By the way the frame connector is off the new FP Here is a short video showing the problem.
Glad you are getting it worked out

Max
Site Sponsor