HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:38 PM
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Jun 2009
101 Posts
Question
URGENT - RTH SIM Issues on Elevon Model

Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone can help, I've got a Ritewing Zephyr II with ET logger v4, osd pro, & guardian, I've not flown it yet & am just setting up the ET systems.

I'm having trouble with getting the simulated RTH to work, my model is a delta wing so is an Elevon model & is required (as mentioned in the manual) to use the "FunJet" setting for simulated RTH - but if I do this & engage the RTH sim the plane arrow hardly responds (if at all!!) to inputs from me (except throttle) or the RTH function. But if I use the RTH in "EasyStar" mode it all works perfectly with no other control or setting changes?!? I've redone the setup wizard a few time without any joy.

Will the RTH kill my plane in this state if it activates inflight? Any ideas? Thanks.

Also does anyone have any good RTH numbers for this setup?
flyn is offline Find More Posts by flyn
Last edited by flyn; Jul 06, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:18 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyn View Post
Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone can help, I've got a Ritewing Zephyr II with ET logger v4, osd pro, & guardian, I've not flown it yet & am just setting up the ET systems.

I'm having trouble with getting the simulated RTH to work, my model is a delta wing so is an Elevon model & is required (as mentioned in the manual) to use the "FunJet" setting for simulated RTH - but if I do this & engage the RTH sim the plane arrow hardly responds (if at all!!) to inputs from me (except throttle) or the RTH function. But if I use the RTH in "EasyStar" mode it all works perfectly with no other control or setting changes?!? I've redone the setup wizard a few time without any joy.

Will the RTH kill my plane in this state if it activates inflight? Any ideas? Thanks.

Also does anyone have any good RTH numbers for this setup?
As you are using a Zephyr you must not use Elevon settings on your Transmitter.
You must activate Elevon mixing in the OSD Pro.

Now as you don't have Elevon settings set on your Transmitter, when using the Simulator, you must select a NON elevon model eg. Easystar or Slowstick.

This may seem contrary but it is correct ET-OSD operation and it seems you've already shown yourself that as well.

When you come to fly your Zephyr be sure never to turn off Guardian Stabilisation / Elevon mixing during flight.

Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Jul 06, 2012, 12:17 PM
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Jun 2009
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
As you are using a Zephyr you must not use Elevon settings on your Transmitter.
You must activate Elevon mixing in the OSD Pro.

Now as you don't have Elevon settings set on your Transmitter, when using the Simulator, you must select a NON elevon model eg. Easystar or Slowstick.

This may seem contrary but it is correct ET-OSD operation and it seems you've already shown yourself that as well.

When you come to fly your Zephyr be sure never to turn off Guardian Stabilisation / Elevon mixing during flight.

Geoff
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the reply fella, sorry I forgot to mention ive got the TX elevon mixing turned off & the osd & guardian is doing the mixing.

Ahh, I see so my RTH is working correctly, it's just the manual that's confusing me!

Don't worry I won't be turning that off, they really should be a lock on those options or they should change it so you can only access them on a pc on the ground!!!
flyn is offline Find More Posts by flyn
Old Jun 27, 2014, 08:27 AM
GoThe Distance
United States, NJ, Moorestown
Joined Feb 2012
38 Posts
You do know that just by turning on stabilization elevon mixing on wont do a thing unless you have the Guardian Stabilizer installed on your plane.
A914freak is offline Find More Posts by A914freak
Old Jul 04, 2014, 06:43 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,231 Posts
Hi flyn,

the flighsim was created before the guardian (and the ability to do elevon-mix "in" the osd) appears on market.
thatīs the reason why you have to use the "easystar".
pls note that the sim doesnīt show the real world. use the sim only to get firm with the data-display and to control the servo-deflections! donīt use the sim to dial the gains or other settings. refer to the osdpro manualīs section to test rth inflight - follow this procedure step by step and you will get a proper working rth in the shortest possible time.

cu Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1