HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2014, 01:55 PM
Joined May 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0201 View Post
Hi i have an Losi micro sct,
Does anyone know of a diff upgrade. I have gone through a couple on two cars any ideas. Is there any upgrades or mods.
Thanks
IMO, once you move up to 2s or 3s lipo and really let the car out, even if you are carefull , you will be eating diffs.

The only solution I have found is to lock the diffs, then they will take a ton of abuse, but you have to like drifting. The locked diffs are hard on tires (on asphalt), but indoors with drift tires... you're laughing.
hotshot888 is offline Find More Posts by hotshot888
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2014, 06:03 PM
Joined Jun 2014
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot888 View Post
IMO, once you move up to 2s or 3s lipo and really let the car out, even if you are carefull , you will be eating diffs.

The only solution I have found is to lock the diffs, then they will take a ton of abuse, but you have to like drifting. The locked diffs are hard on tires (on asphalt), but indoors with drift tires... you're laughing.
Thanks but I run asphalt and I have a ready gone through a set of tyres. I'll just replace the diff try to wear it in. Thanks
joel0201 is offline Find More Posts by joel0201
Old Jun 20, 2014, 07:04 PM
Joined May 2012
63 Posts
On asphalt, a happy medium for me has been to lock the rear diff only. My car/ driving style seems to chew up rear diffs more than the front.

The diffs eventually strip out and / or separate, I tried shimming with some success, but it's more hassle than it's worth IMO.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 05:48 PM
Joined Jan 2013
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehan View Post
I just got in a 3s lipo for my sct, slapped it in the truck turned it on and let 'er rip....it held a wheelie straight up and into my dogs freshly filled water bowl fully submerged!!! I don't believe I have ever disassembled that thing that fast before!!! Poor guy is taking a rest in a big bowl of rice and in about 3-4 days I'll dig it back out and see if any perminate dammag has been done.
Put it back together today and is seems to have survived! Yay!!
wehan is online now Find More Posts by wehan
Old Jun 26, 2014, 09:45 AM
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehan View Post
Put it back together today and is seems to have survived! Yay!!
Woohoo!
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old Jul 02, 2014, 08:34 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,455 Posts
Just got one of these on the classifieds. It's awsome, so fast. I have the brushless version. Does it already have ball bearings everywhere or do I need to add them? I found conflicting information.

I have 2S lipo for this. I see it's rated for 3S lipo. I think that's too much for this size. No need for extra speed in my opinion. I have 1/10 scale cars that are this fast.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Last edited by shahram72; Jul 02, 2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2014, 09:01 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Apr 2014
216 Posts
According to the Losi manual http://www.losi.com/Products/Support...dID=LOSB0242T1 the brushless has bearings. Blow up the picture on the bottom and it shows them in axles/diff etc
AJ450 is online now Find More Posts by AJ450
Old Jul 03, 2014, 03:27 AM
West Virginia
Joined Apr 2010
35 Posts
Both the brushed and brushless version come with full bearings.
Dialed_In is offline Find More Posts by Dialed_In
Old Jul 03, 2014, 05:37 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot888 View Post

I always thrashed mine hard on 2s and 3s (drifting, bashing in snow and on dirt asphalt too) and never had a single diff problem, infact they were the only original bits on my SCTruggy when I sold it

I cleaned them out and gave them a lube job with Triflow every now and again. Later I put some 20k diff oil in the front. If it worked for me it should work for you. Maybe your slipper is too tight if you are having constant issues.
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Jul 03, 2014, 05:39 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Just got one of these on the classifieds. It's awsome, so fast. I have the brushless version. Does it already have ball bearings everywhere or do I need to add them? I found conflicting information.

I have 2S lipo for this. I see it's rated for 3S lipo. I think that's too much for this size. No need for extra speed in my opinion. I have 1/10 scale cars that are this fast.
Mine was originally brushed and I bought it years ago, even that had full bearings.
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Jul 04, 2014, 09:58 AM
Joined May 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
I always thrashed mine hard on 2s and 3s (drifting, bashing in snow and on dirt asphalt too) and never had a single diff problem, infact they were the only original bits on my SCTruggy when I sold it .
Too funny! I know your car was nicely tuned, but mine was good to go as well. Never had issues on the loose stuff, but hard running on asphalt, my diffs eventually just seemed to strip out on me. Throwing it around on hot sticky asphalt, eating tires and diffs. Good times!
Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
644 Posts
Hi all,
I'm waiting for my Micro SCT brushless. It will come home next week 😊
I've read about some issues with the servo mounted on these cars. Has anyone tried to convert a 3 wires servo into a 5 wires one to replace the stock one?

Thanks a lot to anyone that can give me some tip.

Egidio
egicar is online now Find More Posts by egicar
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egicar View Post
Hi all,
I'm waiting for my Micro SCT brushless. It will come home next week 😊
I've read about some issues with the servo mounted on these cars. Has anyone tried to convert a 3 wires servo into a 5 wires one to replace the stock one?

Thanks a lot to anyone that can give me some tip.

Egidio
The brushless has a port for the stock 5 wire as well as a 3wire port. So basically it's just a matter of finding one that fits in the space provided, or mod the space or servo to fit anyway. There is a particular Hobbyking servo that fits with a shim on the side of the servo case, I'd have to get the part # for you, it's in this thread if you search it. I've also heard that there is a Futaba servo that fits with no mods (I think)... it was something like the 3114 servo or something, don't quote me on that part # though. Google it maybe.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Today, 05:01 AM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
644 Posts
Got it!!!
Thank you much!!!
egicar is online now Find More Posts by egicar