HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2014, 08:47 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,068 Posts
Discussion
Ancient threads dominate.. why so ?

Check out the start date for virtually All threads here 2009.. 2011.. 2010.
One dated july 2014 is a rehash of an earlier thread.
Are there so Few warbirds that a constant/perennial discussion on each is required ?
Just wondering.
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2014, 09:01 PM
USA, OH, Kent
Joined Feb 2011
160 Posts
Companies have decided that the WARBIRD market is saturated right now and seem to have been concentrating on the EDF and QUADCOPTER markets as well as some SMALLER warbirds that no one here really cares much about !
spitfirebill is online now Find More Posts by spitfirebill
Old Sep 24, 2014, 09:30 PM
What Goes Up Must Come Down
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2013
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare View Post
Check out the start date for virtually All threads here 2009.. 2011.. 2010.
One dated july 2014 is a rehash of an earlier thread.
Are there so Few warbirds that a constant/perennial discussion on each is required ?
Just wondering.
Good question that I've also thought about.....these threads seem to evolve into what mods folks are adding to their planes usually for more speed of course.
PRNDL is offline Find More Posts by PRNDL
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:44 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,209 Posts
as opposed to Electric Plane Talk and Beginner Training Area where the same topics are repeated year after year?
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:49 PM
Joined Aug 2014
72 Posts
new folks like me to rc come along looking for info trying to avoid mistakes ask questions in these threads.
JonCM is online now Find More Posts by JonCM
Old Sep 25, 2014, 06:09 AM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,718 Posts
Bare - ?Ancient threads...

It makes sense to me that a plane comes on the market and develops a following of customers and interested parties for a considerable time afterward. That, to me, is the primary substance of what the threads are for.

The odd occasion of a scratch-build thread or wood kit build would hold only occasional postings so there would be much less activity on the forum.

For the time I've participated here, there is zeal for new releases constantly from a good many members as if expecting a constant flow of them. The reality is that the factories have to produce to meet what they see as a profitable and competitive venture and we follow along. This constant quest for something new is a contagious thing - we're all quite spoiled it seems.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82