HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2013, 04:02 PM
United Kingdom, Barnsley
Joined Sep 2012
32 Posts
Discussion
what would you build?

i'm looking for some suggestions to use some of my redundant gear. i have at my disposal a 4 cell 64mm edf and a 85amp turnigy esc. i also have plenty of 6mm depron. i'm fairly competent with making (and flying) depron pusher models and i'm looking for something new. the edf i have is this one from hk http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ey_3300Kv.html

any ideas guys????????

btw, i'm not after all out speed. i would prefer something i can fly past all my flying buddies and they like the look of it
waterlicked is offline Find More Posts by waterlicked
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2013, 04:54 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,614 Posts
what would you build? I'm already building what I want!
I think you need to take a different approach to this. Think this way--What can I build?

First thing I would do, is figure out the weight of all the components you will use--everything! Guess on the airframe weight if need be, and figure out what wing loading you can live with. That will determine what type and size of plane to build.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old May 06, 2013, 11:46 PM
Joined Apr 2012
325 Posts
I would say a t33 or p 80, both have great flying characteristics, but the only problem is the intake size
minimicrorc is offline Find More Posts by minimicrorc
Old May 07, 2013, 04:10 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,933 Posts
The Super Bandit by Jetsett44. Put a wood or carbon leading edge on it though, the wing on mine warps at higher speeds and it changes the trim, it starts diving and rolling to the side.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old May 12, 2013, 02:05 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,951 Posts
FJ-1 Fury ...simple and should fly nice scale the inlets and exhust to your fan .it was a first generation navy jet ,see "Demerio's" thread on the same plane
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY