Amp Abuser is offline Find More Posts by Amp Abuser
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2013, 06:14 AM
Blackpool, Lancs
Joined Feb 2006
2,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amp Abuser View Post
Just needs a recommend for a matching brushless motor.
mfr02 is offline Find More Posts by mfr02
Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:33 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,390 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_7500kv.html
2.6g 28.5k rpm no load

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_6100kv.html

2.6g outrunner 2A burst to 2.7amp if the above is too fast for your skills this one 23k rpm

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_7700kv.html
1.5amp may be better on the lipo 29k rpm will require sharping the 2blade prop and low friction drive line. sharp rudder min size as possible
Amp Abuser is offline Find More Posts by Amp Abuser
Old May 22, 2013, 08:07 PM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2008
3,261 Posts
The motor cutting out is a common issue with e-flite/parkzone micro control boards. It's because you are exceeding the max "safe" load of the esc. It shuts down to prevent burning it out. A smaller prop would probably solve the problem.
all4smallrc is offline Find More Posts by all4smallrc
Old Jun 13, 2013, 07:21 AM
Joined Sep 2012
10 Posts
So I have experimented with taking 2 blades from the 4 blade prop, and attaching them to a small piece of the tubing I have been using for stuffing tube. After cutting down the blades, I was able to push up the throttle stick all the way up without killing the motor. But it was really slow. I tried a few pitch and shaft angle combinations, but I'm not too impressed. I realize that may not make a world beater prop, but unless I can double the speed, it is time for new blood.

What do you mean low friction drive line? I assume you aren't talking about good lubrication...

I checked out the parts you recommended, and the product reviews of the 5 amp esc make me skeptical. How has it worked for you? Hobby king recommends a 3 amp that has good reviews, but what happens if I sub for a lower rated esc? It appears to be safe, but do I need the extra head room of the 5 amp?
Jasonracing is offline Find More Posts by Jasonracing
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:28 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,469 Posts
that board looks like its from one of the cx helis, they have smaller 6mm motors, and as such a lower amp rating. try using one of the ar-6400 versions, they have around 2A available current, thats what i used in my micro crackerbox and the same kyosho 2 blade prop, it was fast and didnt cut out.

p.s. also try using one of the other 8mm motors, like the ones in the airplanes, they will have a little less current draw and rpm.
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Jun 19, 2013, 07:30 AM
Joined Sep 2012
10 Posts
Derk, I'll try the 6mm motor. Do you have a parts recommend for the other 8mm motors? I can't find any specs on any parts that I'm already using, and they all look the same to me. If I can get this setup to work, I'm all for it. By the way, are you going to check out the diamond cup?

I went ahead and placed an order for some brushless parts, so we will see how that goes. I got one of each of the parts you recommended, Amp Abuser. I got a couple different 3 amp esc's too, and went with the 4chan orange receiver. A few other motors too. An inrunner, a higher kv outrunner, and a lower kv outrunner.

Do I need to get connectors to solder on? This was my first hobby king order, and I'm not sure what to expect when I open the box.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 02:30 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,469 Posts
I would try using the ar-6400 receiver and try the motor listed as the p-51 replacement, its not as much current as the msr motor so it shouldn't overload.
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Jun 23, 2013, 06:12 AM
Joined Sep 2012
10 Posts
Thank you.
Old Aug 05, 2014, 12:43 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,674 Posts
I know this tread is a little old, but I looked at the site where these Micro hulls come from and they say they are resin models... do they all come hollow, or did the hollow one you are using come as a special build?
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2