HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2014, 02:11 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Nov 2006
4 Posts
Discussion
Thrust meter stand

I put together a thrust test stand with stuff I had laying around. The jet sits on the white board that is mounted to the bottom board with high quality ball bearing drawer slides. It moves glass smooth with zero drag. The front of the sliding board is pointed and pushes against a digital scale. I can wind it up hands free and test amps, volts, watts, and thrust. The stock 4 cell Stinger I read 32.3 A, 14.7 V, 460 watts, and 21 oz thrust. It will be interesting to see what the hot set ups are when they arrive. May not mean much in actual flying but I like to tinker.
SlickZERO is offline Find More Posts by SlickZERO
Last edited by SlickZERO; Oct 14, 2014 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Wrong image
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
Calm before the storm
United States, TX, Bullard
Joined Jun 2014
66 Posts
Nice set up! Looks like you might have to subtract the weight of the the base from your calculations. Also there is some sort of friction may be minimal but it still exists even if it is slight. Maybe a digital fish scale type to see what force is needed to get the base moving with the same plane mounted to it.
Flyboy81 is offline Find More Posts by Flyboy81
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM
Pro Horder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,474 Posts
The weight of the sled would not be factored in the tear weight
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut