SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 24, 2014, 11:31 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,099 Posts
Discussion
Does Data Recorder work with Windows 8.1?

I installed the latest release version 10.52 and it worked one time last night OK. I could download from the data logger OK and save the information and graph it as well. But the next day after shutting down and restarting my laptop, the Data Recorder loads OK, but it can't see the V4 data logger anymore.

I tried my old Windows XP laptop and the data recorder works fine and can see and download data from the data loggers OK too. But the new laptop with Windows 8.1 on it seems to not be able to work with the data logger.

The LED is still doing it three blink status on the data loggers as well.

Thanks for reading.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2014, 08:01 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
455 Posts
Hello,

The USB "Enhanced Power Management" feature of Windows 8.1 can cause our eLogger and Data Recorder devices to stop functioning correctly as you have noted.

Please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article regarding this issue:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2900614

We hope that Microsoft will release a patch that will prevent this feature from being the default configuration for USB devices.

If you are unable to get this working, please open a support ticket on our website and we will help you get it sorted.

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor
Old May 26, 2014, 09:07 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,099 Posts
Thank you very much, that was the problem I was having. I did what they said to do and it started working. Also the USB\VID was separated into two parts in the registry, so I changed it for both. I also needed to unplug and plug it back in after making the changes before it would start working as expected.

I would have never thought that I had to go in and change a registry setting to make it work. Another ever popular Microsoft feature.

Thanks again.
Earl
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter