HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Does RCG Need a Kits For Sale Classifieds?
Yes 69 81.18%
No 16 18.82%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:43 AM
United States, WA, Twisp
Joined Jan 2010
27 Posts
I see the poll is closed, but I DO vote YES. Foam is fun, ARF's are fun but Balsa is REALLY FUN. There is a lot of satisfaction of flying a balsa plane that you built from scratch or a kit. Building is rewarding, too. I have built kits, scratch builds since high school. Back then single channel with excapements was the RC of the day. Now RC has come so far from those days it is GREAT!!
YES YES YES. Balsa is GREAT.
HTF
Hill Top Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Hill Top Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:51 PM
Joined Feb 2014
21 Posts
Question-the need for kits and plans section

My vote is YES YES YES!!! I'm tired of all these clubs (J-3 club, P-51 club etc etc
also the foamies have taken over we need to get back to basics
Nick R. is offline Find More Posts by Nick R.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 12:54 AM
Jim in the Desert
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Aug 2007
1,263 Posts
Staff says they are going to consider this but have apparently been too busy for the last few months....

Jim
cloud_9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud_9
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drill Sizes
Old Apr 27, 2014, 02:19 AM
central AZ
Joined May 2002
1,324 Posts
I'm fully in support of this. Too many ARFs get titled as "kits" in the classifieds, making it a chore to sort through everything to find the "real" kits!
KnifeEdge51 is online now Find More Posts by KnifeEdge51
Old Apr 28, 2014, 02:26 AM
Jim in the Desert
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Aug 2007
1,263 Posts
Agreed, but whatcha gonna do?

Jim
cloud_9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud_9
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drill Sizes
Old May 02, 2014, 10:26 PM
United States, MD, Upper Marlboro
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
It's Time

81% of 85 voters seems favorable. Why the hold up?

When first getting to the Classified page, a new section should be added that reads "Aircraft-Airplanes-Kits". The description should mention that the items for sale are not ARF, RTF, or Plug and Play.

Honestly, kits are all I look for in the classifieds, anyways. I like ARF's and so forth just fine. It would just be nice to have the process of researching available kits be a little less cumbersome. Saving time = enjoying the hobby more.
n8director is offline Find More Posts by n8director
Old May 05, 2014, 01:49 PM
Sailaire brethren
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Aug 2013
230 Posts
i agree even if I shouldn't really be buying anymore kits. The one with the most kits wins or something like that.

time to go stick my fingers together with superglue again
RV Winkle is offline Find More Posts by RV Winkle
Old May 05, 2014, 03:22 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Winkle View Post
The one with the most kits wins or something like that.
No, but he leaves it all behind. For people to quibble over and give his widow pennies on the dollar.

So they can leave it all behind. For people to quibble over ...'

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old May 08, 2014, 10:48 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,243 Posts
I keep checking the classifieds in hopes of finding nice balsa kits. No such luck. Nothing but ARF's filling the threads. I'm amazed that so many people think that spending 12 minutes to bolt on wings and screw in a few servos qualifies what they bought as a "kit". A "kit" that was assembled and covered by an abused 10 year old girl in Taiwan or China making $.15 an hour somehow makes it a "kit".

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old May 09, 2014, 12:32 AM
central AZ
Joined May 2002
1,324 Posts
StevenatorLTFO has a vintage FlyLine kit posted right now. I just got a nice FlyLine Quaker Flash from him. He's a top-notch guy!
KnifeEdge51 is online now Find More Posts by KnifeEdge51
Old May 09, 2014, 08:09 AM
Sailaire brethren
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Aug 2013
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
No, but he leaves it all behind. For people to quibble over and give his widow pennies on the dollar.

So they can leave it all behind. For people to quibble over ...'

Andy
Man I am doing something wrong I am giving dollars on the pennies to buy the kits that were around 40 years ago and then actually building them
RV Winkle is offline Find More Posts by RV Winkle
Old May 09, 2014, 09:27 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,968 Posts
You're doing it right. You're building them, THEN leaving them for people to quibble over ...

I had a modeler friend who was dying about 15 years ago. He had a number of items that he wanted specific people to get. I kept a list as he thought of them. When he died, I gave to each what he wanted them to have. The last few items were sold on ebay, and what didn't sell (too bad of shape) was burned. All the money went to his estate.

No quibbling. I still have the plane he gave me, an Astro Hog.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old May 09, 2014, 07:09 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Winkle View Post
Man I am doing something wrong I am giving dollars on the pennies to buy the kits that were around 40 years ago and then actually building them
Boy, ain't it the truth! There are a few out of production kits that I'd love to have but every time I see them they're 4-6 times original price. I'd kill for a NIB Sig Tri-Star. Hmmm, now where's my gun. Sure can't afford to buy one...............

Joe
Old Aug 03, 2014, 04:02 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,090 Posts
I thought a section for kits in the classifieds was a great idea and it looked to be a very popular one. I did a test thread looking for kits and there didn't seem to be enough interest.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2106131

Perhaps RCG is not ready for a kit section in the classifieds?

Frank

PS But with that said, if you guys want to present this idea to the mods, I'll be happy to do so. What's the worst that can happen? We don't get enough yes votes and the idea fails.
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Last edited by Murocflyer; Aug 03, 2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: PS Added
Old Aug 03, 2014, 04:20 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,243 Posts
This kit section idea just pi$$e$ me off to no end. I can't believe so many non kit builders keep pushing so hard to shut this idea down every time it is brought up! How can it possibly hurt them? A lot of my time on RCG is spent sifting through all of the ARF "kit" posts trying to find a REAL kit to buy. If you aren't interested in the extreme satisfaction that comes from actually building what you fly that's fine. Shut up and let those of us that do have an area to look for what WE want.

Joe
Closed Thread