SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2013, 08:51 AM
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
London, UK
Joined Jul 2009
236 Posts
I wouldn't mind having something 10mm out that you stick along a curved wing. However a strip that should be 100mm and it coming twice the size of that is a bit excessive.
AD. is offline Find More Posts by AD.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2013, 09:55 AM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,834 Posts
Plus, your supposed to use the offcut to make the Tail Skid...
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Apr 08, 2013, 07:23 AM
China, Jiangsu, Suzhou
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan smith View Post
My little sister had an allergic reaction to something in the box (or maybe the box)
Id o have to ask what was the environment that the box was packed in like?, where you eating Fish or nuts at the time ?

Let me know asap,

Anywho I'm Almost finished my Dolphin C
one thing i do have to say is that there was not enough pull pull line on the spool.. but apart from that, Brilliant model

will post pics later.

K
Hi keenan,

The plane was packed in normal envioment in our factory, no special things like foods in the box, even the ink printed on the foam is very environmentally-friendly, it is imported from USA, and the depron foam is imported from Germany. So I think the allergic reaction was not from the plane.

Sorry about the pull pull line, it's just a sample, there will not be such problem in the completed product.

Franz
flyrace is offline Find More Posts by flyrace
Old Apr 08, 2013, 07:27 AM
China, Jiangsu, Suzhou
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD. View Post
I've just started my build and so far I've found that the Leading Edge carbon fibre is about 30mm too long and the carbon fibre strip for the horizontal stab is 100mm too long to fit in the precut slot.
I agree with skyhawkdc, see, if the carbon was less than standard, it will be a big problem. But if they are more, you just need to cut them, very simple, right?
Old Apr 08, 2013, 07:46 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrace View Post
Hi keenan,

The plane was packed in normal envioment in our factory, no special things like foods in the box, even the ink printed on the foam is very environmentally-friendly, it is imported from USA, and the depron foam is imported from Germany. So I think the allergic reaction was not from the plane.

Sorry about the pull pull line, it's just a sample, there will not be such problem in the completed product.

Franz
its ok...

I Have however had some Small Problems With Paint Chipping off of the covering but that's only Cosmetic...
i would Recommend a Larger Diameter Carbon For the Landing gear Legs as they do buckle a little too much under the Weight of my 370Mah 2s servos and Rx (minus ESC and Motor)
I will post some Pictures of my Dolphin in a minute Also i'd recommend that you add a Few more Degree's to the Differential arm (i'm Still getting more Down throw than up)

K
Old Apr 08, 2013, 07:55 AM
Eaton, Indiana
United States, IN, Granville
Joined May 2008
179 Posts
Quote:
its ok...

I Have however had some Small Problems With Paint Chipping off of the covering but that's only Cosmetic...
i would Recommend a Larger Diameter Carbon For the Landing gear Legs as they do buckle a little too much under the Weight of my 370Mah 2s servos and Rx (minus ESC and Motor)
I will post some Pictures of my Dolphin in a minute Also i'd recommend that you add a Few more Degree's to the Differential arm (i'm Still getting more Down throw than up)

K
I agree on the landing gear needing to be stronger i
skyhawkdc is online now Find More Posts by skyhawkdc
Old Apr 08, 2013, 08:28 AM
China, Jiangsu, Suzhou
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
yes, i also find this problem, 1.5mm is a little thin, i think 2mm carbon is better for landing gear
Old Apr 08, 2013, 08:38 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,834 Posts
Quote:
yes, i also find this problem, 1.5mm is a little thin, i think 2mm carbon is better for landing gear
yes 2mm is better, also i would recommend some extra Carbon to Re-enforce the aileron's Otherwise they warp ...
Old Apr 08, 2013, 09:09 AM
China, Jiangsu, Suzhou
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
yes 2mm is better, also i would recommend some extra Carbon to Re-enforce the aileron's Otherwise they warp ...
yes, it could be, if you do not mind the weight.
Old Apr 08, 2013, 09:22 AM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
863 Posts
The landing gear on my shadow(5.1oz) is fine, a little flex, but not to much, I like it.

Free
Free is online now Find More Posts by Free
Old Apr 08, 2013, 09:35 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,834 Posts
Quote:
yes, it could be, if you do not mind the weight.
no i dont't mind the weight
Old Apr 15, 2013, 07:17 AM
Eaton, Indiana
United States, IN, Granville
Joined May 2008
179 Posts
I flew the PENESAS-covering inside over the weekend at a small gym, It is a good flying indoor plane, very light was able to do both inside and outside loops with it, which I can not do with some of my other indoor planes, does very tight flat turns with the rudder, it has a fast aileron roll rate, is stable in the hover, done some tail touches and some high alpha knife edge , a very fun and capable indoor plane,, the only mod to the build was the landing gear was a little weak, used some of the extra carbon rod to double up the landing gear , there was interest in the plane,, I hope there will be some usa dealers for the line of planes
DC
skyhawkdc is online now Find More Posts by skyhawkdc
Old Apr 15, 2013, 07:49 PM
Fly for God, not for the World
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2011
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
The landing gear on my shadow(5.1oz) is fine, a little flex, but not to much, I like it.

Free
+1

On my Yak 55 (5.1oz) I have a little bit of flex but i don't see why it would need to be stronger.

planes are designed to be in the air not to drive on the ground (that's cars)

Not Free
Not Free is offline Find More Posts by Not Free
Old May 02, 2013, 02:23 PM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
863 Posts
I put a homebuilt vector thrust unit on mine, it was sooo fun!

Here's a vid:
Huckin' the Vector Thrust SHADOW! (1 min 2 sec)

Enjoy,

Free
Free is online now Find More Posts by Free