SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:56 PM
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Jul 2011
18 Posts
Help!
align gp750 gyro and spektrum h3020 servo DX8

hey everyone im a newbi to 450 helis' and need a little help, i got the servo and tail setup correctly buy reading and watching video's but my 450 spins in each direction when i use the rudder...its not reversed..if someone doesnt mind could you email me and maybe help me out with programmng my radio for the gyro?..i think thats my problem....i have a dx8 by the way
gmcmanv6 is offline Find More Posts by gmcmanv6
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:29 PM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
3,910 Posts
Do you mean your tail goes in the wrong direction?

Does "it's not reversed" mean you want it reversed?
Steve_ is online now Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HK450GT Lights
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Jul 2011
18 Posts
no its going in the correct direction but it keeps going...right when it starts to lift the tail goes in circles
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:09 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmanv6 View Post
no its going in the correct direction but it keeps going...right when it starts to lift the tail goes in circles
That is a classic sign that your gyro needs to be reversed. It's compensating the wrong direction, so simply reverse it from what it is now.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Jul 2011
18 Posts
if i spin it up and move the rudder to the left the nose of the helicopter turns left, then when i give more throttle it spins out of control...same with both directions ..its like the tail servo moves all the way in the correct direction of the rudder stick and stays that way until i move it back with the rudder stick in the other direction
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:09 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmanv6 View Post
if i spin it up and move the rudder to the left the nose of the helicopter turns left, then when i give more throttle it spins out of control...same with both directions ..its like the tail servo moves all the way in the correct direction of the rudder stick and stays that way until i move it back with the rudder stick in the other direction
That is what will happen with a reversed gyro, the slightest touch of the rudder will send the tail and heli spinning.

There are a few mechanical things you can visually check to make sure the tail is behaving normally.

1) Make sure the tail rotor is spinning the correct direction. The tail rotor should be spinning up or CCW into the main rotor when viewed head on. If not, the belt is looped the wrong way inside the boom.

2) The tail blades are installed correctly. Assuming #1 is correct, the leading edge (thick portion) of the tail blades should be facing the direction of rotation.

3) Rudder is moving the correct direction,from the TX. When viewing the tail from above, the leading edge (thick portion) of the tail blades should point towards the boom when a right rudder command is given, and away from the boom when a left rudder command is given. If not, then the rudder channel in your TX needs to be reversed.

4) Gyro is compensating the correct direction. Sit the heli on the ground while powered up and manually yaw it both directions. Note the way the gyro moves the servo and tail blades when you yaw right or left. The gyro should counter the proper direction depending on which way you are moving the heli (see #3)
If you rotate the heli the the right rapidly, the gyro should kick the tail rudder leading edge away from the boom momentarily in order to add left rudder to counter the movement it sensed. If not, then the gyro needs to be reversed.

You must make sure these key points are set correctly before you can attempt to move forward with anything else.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:31 AM
Joined Jul 2011
18 Posts
i have the directions correct with the controls and everything else is correct as you are saying...its turns the correct way when rudder stick it given..it just got out of control and keeps spinning in that direction until i turn it back the other way and then it spins out of control in that direction...
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Jul 2011
18 Posts
got it figured out, someone was helping me the other day had my gyro gain turned down to 15% i turned it up to around 65 and no more spin outs.the tail now holds and turns back and forth smoothly and will almost hover in my living room floor...now i got to do some tweaking...thanks for the help guys!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:06 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Glad you got it sorted!