Old Jul 09, 2014, 06:20 PM
Montrose CO
United States, CO, Montrose
Joined Apr 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmozdemir View Post
Hi guys,

Any suggestion on how to hot glue this plane, especially the wings? The LHS doesn't have CA in stock

Thanks...
5 minute epoxy works well for the wings and the carbon strips you will want to put on the top edge of the cockpit.
not2fast is offline Find More Posts by not2fast
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2014, 04:54 PM
USA, NH, Center Ossipee
Joined Apr 2010
92 Posts
wooden piece?

Does anyone know what the third wooden pice in the kit is for?
I know the first two are for the airelon servos.

thanks
rabdooley is offline Find More Posts by rabdooley
Old Jul 15, 2014, 05:10 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,932 Posts
Landing gear plate?

I'm not sure how many pieces of wood there are, or in which order you are numbering them.
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Jul 15, 2014, 05:43 PM
USA, NH, Center Ossipee
Joined Apr 2010
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
Landing gear plate?

I'm not sure how many pieces of wood there are, or in which order you are numbering them.
Yes, thats it.
Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2014, 09:43 AM
USA, NH, Center Ossipee
Joined Apr 2010
92 Posts
Quote:
That LG is the same as mine. I suggest you mod it as I did in this pic.

how did you attach the two wires together?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 04:58 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,932 Posts
I lashed the extra wire to the original wire using cotton thread and then hit it with thin CA and kicker.
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Jul 16, 2014, 05:12 PM
USA, NH, Center Ossipee
Joined Apr 2010
92 Posts
Quote:
I lashed the extra wire to the original wire using cotton thread and then hit it with thin CA and kicker.
Ok, I'll do the same .
Thanks
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:27 AM
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
1,723 Posts
I've been going crazy with EPP lately. I've been thinking about getting this one and the 3DHS edge, but I've been reading too many stories of warped Edges. How doesn't this airframe compare with the 3DHS Edge? I see. A used 3DHS edge for $200 with omega 72, but not sure if a used one in very good shape, never crashed is worth it.
jk6672 is online now Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:31 PM
Crash & Learn
United States, WA, Goldendale
Joined Nov 2011
66 Posts
I have both.The mx2 flies more like a profile foamy compared to the edge.I think you were the same person that asked if there was much of a difference between the 3dhs edge and the buck huck??Which there is a HUGE difference.
But to put a little perspective on it.The 3dhs 40"edge flies closer to the buck huck by 10 fold,than the MX-2.
The edge is a much better designed plane that actually flies instead of a motor pulling around a chunk of foam.I also was scared off the edge by reading that thread.How ever mine came no wing problems nor does it have the so called hard pull on acceleration.
Greasemonkey2u is offline Find More Posts by Greasemonkey2u
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:01 AM
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
1,723 Posts
Thanks. I did pre-purchase the Buck huck, but I still wanted a foamy, and like I said about the 40" used edge, that might be too much so I'm still looking. Thanks for the info, maybe once the 40" comes back in I'll snag one.
jk6672 is online now Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Oct 08, 2014, 10:14 AM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
550 Posts
Hi there! I have this plane right now and this is my first 3d plane. I came from gliders and scale planes.

I have a weird problem with my plane. It always pitches down, at first I thought it was nose heavy but after a few adjustments in flight I think it something else.

I tried to do some knife edges with it and still pitches down by this I do not mean towards the ground but towards its belly (i hope this is understood). I tried some inverted flight and the same thing happens. It flies towards the sky.

I installed the motor with down-to-the right thrust thingy, and now I am thinking I placed too much down thrust. Is this possible?

I am also getting left roll specially on take off, from ground or hand launched.

My plane is running on 1300-1500 3s on turnigy 2217 motor the one recommended on the HK site. When I am at the back of the plane the motor is spinning clockwise, and with this perspective my motor is mounted down to the right.

It flyable but I am not loving the characteristics.

Can anybody help/share some solutions?
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Old Oct 08, 2014, 10:38 AM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,656 Posts
I mounted the motor flush.
uberjay is offline Find More Posts by uberjay
Old Oct 08, 2014, 08:06 PM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
550 Posts
Ill be trying that uberjay. I noticed that the motor is mounted above the airfoil I think this gives it down force.
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Old Oct 08, 2014, 08:17 PM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukie View Post
Ill be trying that uberjay. I noticed that the motor is mounted above the airfoil I think this gives it down force.
Exactly. So the added down that you put in would have exaggerated it.

Some in this thread would have people hack the nose and move the motor, etc. and perhaps there is some merits, but honestly, the plane flies great stock (with a flush mounted motor ). Fly it stock first then decide for yourself if and how you might want to mod it. Just my thoughts.

Cheers,
J
uberjay is offline Find More Posts by uberjay