HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:22 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Couple setting adjustments and it will be perfect! Welcome to the dark side!
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:44 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Couple setting adjustments and it will be perfect! Welcome to the dark side!
Thanks
I was all Multiwii before...so had to learn how it work.

Where should I start to tune?
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:52 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Didn't see GPS so the wobble is coming from your gains. If you can I would program your Basic Gains to X1 and put it on a knob/slider and your ATTI Gains to X2 and put it on a knob/slider. Then when you are flying you can adjust the gains to see what is causing the wobble. If you don't have the extra channels/capability I would lower you Basic gains 10% and see if the wobble gets better or worse... worse then got 10% up from the original settings.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:55 PM
Begin with end in mind...
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,611 Posts
Here is a question for you hexacopter flyers....

I just finished up my first homebuilt Hex, I am using Avrotos with Castle creation PH-25's (new multirotor firmware) I have been very pleased so far with the flight quality but something seems strange.

I usually always push my Basic gains up until I see oscillations on any FC I tune. The Naza being no different I slowly increased the basic gains to 225. It is very solid but I wanted to see some wobble so for grins I jacked the basic gains up to 325 and while it seemed a bit tighter it would still hover smoothly. If I tried this on my quad with the SimonK ESC's it would have jiggled itself apart.

Does anyone else see this??

Thanks,

Mike
power is offline Find More Posts by power
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:57 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Different ESC = different way it handles power. The CC's just might handle the updates from the FC better
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:12 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,824 Posts
Quote:
Didn't see GPS so the wobble is coming from your gains. If you can I would program your Basic Gains to X1 and put it on a knob/slider and your ATTI Gains to X2 and put it on a knob/slider. Then when you are flying you can adjust the gains to see what is causing the wobble. If you don't have the extra channels/capability I would lower you Basic gains 10% and see if the wobble gets better or worse... worse then got 10% up from the original settings.
Good idea
Will do that
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:32 PM
Joined Mar 2012
803 Posts
I have a strange thing with my 550 sometimes yawing left by itself on descent. Puting yaw gains a lot higher (200) seems to have fixed that, but there is something wierd going on. It did that with stock motors and now with Avrotos and 10x5 Graupner props

I have put Yaw gain back down and set idle speed higher for the next test flights to see if it helps.

Any ideas?
c3d76 is online now Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:41 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,533 Posts
Quote:
Did you change the idle speed to High in the assistant?
No I didn't ill try that next. It flies but its not very stable in manual mode. And when I yaw one side will lift uft and turn its not flying that great
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:50 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
I have a strange thing with my 550 sometimes yawing left by itself on descent. Puting yaw gains a lot higher (200) seems to have fixed that, but there is something wierd going on. It did that with stock motors and now with Avrotos and 10x5 Graupner props

I have put Yaw gain back down and set idle speed higher for the next test flights to see if it helps.

Any ideas?
I too had to raise my yaw gains. Some people have also had to put tape on the side of their Naza because the barometer is sensitive to light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
No I didn't ill try that next. It flies but its not very stable in manual mode. And when I yaw one side will lift uft and turn its not flying that great
You really can't blame the Naza. You need to calibrate all of your escs equally and figure out the other setup issues before judging. Is your craft balanced? Naza centered, level, and near the COG? Props balanced? Vibrations can cause poor flight.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
803 Posts
Quote:
I too had to raise my yaw gains. Some people have also had to put tape on the side of their Naza because the barometer is sensitive to light.
Interesting, I remember reading about that somewhere. So best thing is to cover both sides with dark tape or? Anyway, I'll look into it...
I'll still try with higher idle speed, I somehow think some motors might be slowing down too much on descent causing the yaw. It never does it during climb, hover or flight, so I'm not sure it is due to light sensitivity.
Thanks for the reply!
c3d76 is online now Find More Posts by c3d76
Last edited by c3d76; Nov 12, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:15 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Descents = dirty air = more tilting and wobble = motors need to react faster to keep level

If gains are too low the motors are reacting slower on purpose combined with tilting = yaw.

Dirty air from descents or the ground is hard for most FC to understand and correct for. Sorry this is typed weird.. On my phone and thumbs are wearing out
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:40 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,533 Posts
You really can't blame the Naza. You need to calibrate all of your escs equally and figure out the other setup issues before judging. Is your craft balanced? Naza centered, level, and near the COG? Props balanced? Vibrations can cause poor flight.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to blame the naza. I'm trying to figure out why my 2 motors won't spin ill try setting the idle speed higher tommorow and yes everything is balanced. And naza is on cog.
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Hello,

Question:

Can I put my receiver between camera stabilitation and gimbal that I can turn the camera with transmitter?

Regards,

Juha
Suomineiti is offline Find More Posts by Suomineiti
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:40 AM
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Mar 2012
19 Posts
Got a problem flying my naza in Attitude or GPS..

Im finding when flying FPV that if im holding the stick forward for constaint forward movement that it feels like its correcting itself and leveling cause after a while i can be full stick and hardly moving

Would this be a setting? I have most of the gains at 100% or just above... i also notice that if i let go of the stick and let it hover/level then its right again but works its way back to hardly moving again
Hulksta is offline Find More Posts by Hulksta
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:48 AM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulksta View Post
Got a problem flying my naza in Attitude or GPS..

Im finding when flying FPV that if im holding the stick forward for constaint forward movement that it feels like its correcting itself and leveling cause after a while i can be full stick and hardly moving
Known problem. Naza assumes and works best when hovering a lot and the sticks are thus centered once in a while.
At least this is my impression.
Hkubota is offline Find More Posts by Hkubota