HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:00 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,185 Posts
In time you will find the wind a challenge.

The biggest trouble with wind and flying is coming in for a landing, up high you surf it but coming in slow 3 or 4 feet the wind could drop out from under it.

Back when I was concerned with wind I would strap on the training gear and practice hovering tail in, sideways and nose depending on how windy.
just keep it low, an if you have some kind of wind block helps too.
Must get that adrenaline rush / fix.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:10 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre View Post
Yeah, eventually I'm going to put 2 3S2200 packs in parallel. I also have some Spinblades Asymmetric blades to try out. I'm hoping to be able to get 15 minutes flights out of it at least. 20 would be nice. Then I'll probably be using it for FPV training.

All of this is in prep for the 700 UAV heli.
Problem is ,the more mah you add the more weight you add and the more amp draw you get so it kills the flight time,,never timed my flights with the big lipo as i was using it to make the 450 very stable in the wind as i was learning cp.
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:06 AM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NY, Coram
Joined Jul 2012
374 Posts
Damn wind.............. winter sucks............
gs550t1981 is offline Find More Posts by gs550t1981
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:33 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,697 Posts
That's why I also have AS3X aircraft and will hopefully build a flybarless 450 soon. I also have a couple plane stabilizers from Hobbyking to try out. I am taking my micro Sbach out today but am afraid it is too fast for me. I need to set the dual rates on it. Those control surfaces move a crazy huge amount!
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:38 AM
Fly Safe !!
Cape Town
Joined Jul 2007
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs550t1981 View Post
Damn wind.............. winter sucks............
Get yourself a slopie and have a blast !!

porqui is offline Find More Posts by porqui
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:42 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porqui View Post
Get yourself a slopie and have a blast !!

Gotta have a slope or it's gonna be a short flight! But yes, gotta have models for each condition. And there are always my cars and rock crawler. Love that rock crawler.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:51 AM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NY, Coram
Joined Jul 2012
374 Posts
Damn servos just crapped out!!!! My hitec elevator servo just crapped out one me. The hs65mg. I am very low on cash these days. What servos are you guys running on a fbl setup that are cheapys but are pretty decent and will last. These hitecs have been through hell and back. Anyone know of a cheapo servo that will do the same. Remember. running it fbl. Thanks!!!!
gs550t1981 is offline Find More Posts by gs550t1981
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:49 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Damn servos just crapped out!!!! My hitec elevator servo just crapped out one me. The hs65mg. I am very low on cash these days. What servos are you guys running on a fbl setup that are cheapys but are pretty decent and will last. These hitecs have been through hell and back. Anyone know of a cheapo servo that will do the same. Remember. running it fbl. Thanks!!!!
I've got HK922MG servos on all 4 on mine. ZYX, FBL, HK450, they work well for me, but I dont do 3D.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:34 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2012
273 Posts
Quote:

The 65HBs can be upgraded to the 65MGs, just a drop in replacement. At $2.99 for the HB gear set, you can't go wrong. Unless its your pot that burnt out, which likely isn't the case.
perdification is offline Find More Posts by perdification
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:18 PM
I can fly!
Australia, TAS, East Launceston
Joined Aug 2010
84 Posts
I did some maintenance last night. Replaced the main shaft bearings and fly bar bearings. The flybar cage was a bit tight when I put it back on, I put some plastic bag cut up as a shin seemed to work, is there a proper way to space the cage?

Also replaced the flybar, it wad a bit "wobbly" I straightened it last time.

I also recently got a swash leveller tool, the right ail was down by about 2mm.

My hk450 was flying fine before all this work. And now it flies the same.
dceng888 is offline Find More Posts by dceng888
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:46 PM
Mr Birdie ~ Flight Expert
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2004
109 Posts
I went for a fly yesterday with a mate, since building my FBL TT, I've been only flying that for a few months, I took my HK450Pro Belt as a backup, and as I haven't flown it for a few months, I thought - I'll just chuck it up for fun. WOW, I am so used to the FBL now, I nearly crashed several times!, we cracked up laughing as I tried to deal with the slower cyclic!. This heli is a year old and never been crashed, it still flies great, I'm going to refurbish it soon and kit it out with a DFC head and TT tail and zyx-s, it deserves it!!!.
2StrokeMatty is offline Find More Posts by 2StrokeMatty
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:46 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeMatty View Post
I went for a fly yesterday with a mate, since building my FBL TT, I've been only flying that for a few months, I took my HK450Pro Belt as a backup, and as I haven't flown it for a few months, I thought - I'll just chuck it up for fun. WOW, I am so used to the FBL now, I nearly crashed several times!, we cracked up laughing as I tried to deal with the slower cyclic!. This heli is a year old and never been crashed, it still flies great, I'm going to refurbish it soon and kit it out with a DFC head and TT tail and zyx-s, it deserves it!!!.
I failed yesterday at my first attempt with a 450. I had it in the air for a few seconds and in a stable hover, then I'm not sure what happened but it pulled to the side and I could not recover. I am new but I should have been able to hold a hover. I can fly micro flybarless collective pitch and the sim just fine.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:51 PM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
that's odd ! did you find anything wrong with it? other than the damage of the crash...
tsakali is offline Find More Posts by tsakali
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:05 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,697 Posts
Nope. I can't suck this bad. Just don't understand it. Will rebuild it and throw it in the dirt again. I have flymentor, but what's the point? to cheat?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:11 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
914 Posts
I would be taking a look at your servos and How far out are the balls on the servo horns?
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart