New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2016, 05:58 AM
Find More Posts by Rrotz
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2015
183 Posts
Discussion
Need some help with FX-79 Orthographic Build w/ Pixhawk 2

Hi Everyone, I just unboxed and started putting together my commericial (practice) orthographic flying rig today using the eBay Pixhawk 2 clone kit. I just want to start the thread to keep a log of my build. I'll just preface this to say this is my first fixed wing, autopilot build so I could use the help and feedback.

Do I need to screw the wing to the fuse using the supplied long screws (thru the mounted wood brackets?) Is there a better, more solid and long term mounting/dismounting solution?

Also, should I balance the planes CG with the camera I'm planning to use for pictures, a Sony A5000 using SBUS to control the shutter intervalometer.....if I've used the right term.

Any other recommendations for this build while I"m at it? I need to get it up in the air ASAP to practice with as my CASA assessment for my business operating certificate is coming up April 4th.

Has anyone else used the Buffalo with a Pixhawk as a camera platform? I know most people use the X8.
Rrotz is offline Find More Posts by Rrotz
Last edited by Rrotz; Jan 23, 2016 at 09:37 AM.
to remove ads between posts