New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2016, 09:22 AM
Find More Posts by microrcfiend
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirellip View Post
It blows me away that Align would release this heli when it's so unbalanced.

Perhaps there's some reason for this, some benefit to 3D?
No, zero positives to bad CG. It makes anything while pirouetting real tough compared to a heli with spot on CG. Piro comp takes over if level but piro loops and piro funnels are way tougher. I was having a hard time doing piro funnels on my 450 last year and then got to try a friends x3 with perfect CG and it turned out they were predictable.

I got both 150's bound to main TXand pitch setup perfect now, just need a gap in the weather to try them.
microrcfiend is online now Find More Posts by microrcfiend
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2016, 02:11 AM
Find More Posts by macr0t0r
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,681 Posts
Hey, guys. So, I just bought a used one at a swap meet (yes, I understand the risks), and I'm finding that the tail-motor does not spin up with the main motor. I swapped the motor plug to the main motor port and confirmed that the tail-motor spins, so I know it is not the motor or wiring.

Has anyone experienced such a thing where this would be a programming issue on the board, or did I sadly purchase a board with a blown tail ESC in it? Is it possible to just get the ESC board?

- Jim
macr0t0r is online now Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2016, 11:07 AM
Find More Posts by garryk
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
3,551 Posts
I had that happen to my new one after a crash and if I wiggled the board I could get it to work until I let go. Bad connection somewhere, but couldn't chase it down so I bought a new board. That sucked because I bought my 1st one used and the main motor wouldn't spool up. New board there also. It's a wonderful bird, but a week board.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Feb 08, 2016, 11:54 PM
Find More Posts by macr0t0r
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,681 Posts
I found someone kind enough to sell me a working board. In the meantime, I'll see if I can touch-up the posts and FETs and restore this one to life.

It appears the top board is the RX portion. I wonder what the pinout is to the flight unit? S-Bus or individual servo channels? I was afraid to try until now, but with my Orange R100 attached, I wonder if I can remove that top board and antenna in order to save a touch of weight?

- Jim
macr0t0r is online now Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2016, 01:09 AM
Find More Posts by Ascension
United Kingdom, Ipswich
Joined Oct 2013
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r View Post
I found someone kind enough to sell me a working board. In the meantime, I'll see if I can touch-up the posts and FETs and restore this one to life.

It appears the top board is the RX portion. I wonder what the pinout is to the flight unit? S-Bus or individual servo channels? I was afraid to try until now, but with my Orange R100 attached, I wonder if I can remove that top board and antenna in order to save a touch of weight?

- Jim
yeah you could and it has been done...if memory serves the weight of the top board is around 0.2 gram so its negligible, at any rate these birds benefit from a bit of extra weight up front IMO due to the really bad CG...and some better protection for the really weak boards as the stock canopy offers very little
Ascension is offline Find More Posts by Ascension