New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:42 AM
Find More Posts by jiggz
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
2,336 Posts
Hey laury..don't u just love a bargain..
Search a couple pages back motor and spinner alignment came up there's a few pics of how the spinner sits against the cowl..good luck
Jeff
jiggz is offline Find More Posts by jiggz
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2015, 08:11 AM
Find More Posts by insomaniac45
Not always grumpy!!
UK, Eastleigh, Eastleigh
Joined Jul 2010
721 Posts
the wash out is quite aggressive, but it is only noticeable close up on the ground.
insomaniac45 is offline Find More Posts by insomaniac45
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:00 AM
Find More Posts by fabric8
Fixed and rotary wing flyer
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2011
187 Posts
So yesterday on final approach, one retract wouldn't come down. I circled a couple of more times flipping the gear switch a number of times throughout, but the one side was simply stuck. I ended up having to belly land it. Fortunately there's was a moderate head wind which allowed me to float it down very gently. The outcome was a minor scuff to the paint on the bottom front part of the fuse. That's it.

When I took the plane home, I unscrewed the retract from the mount to inspect it. Unmounted, it worked fine. I reinstalled it and it still works fine.

Any idea why it could have misbehaved while in flight?
fabric8 is offline Find More Posts by fabric8
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:02 AM
Find More Posts by jiggz
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
2,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabric8 View Post
So yesterday on final approach, one retract wouldn't come down. I circled a couple of more times flipping the gear switch a number of times throughout, but the one side was simply stuck. I ended up having to belly land it. Fortunately there's was a moderate head wind which allowed me to float it down very gently. The outcome was a minor scuff to the paint on the bottom front part of the fuse. That's it.

When I took the plane home, I unscrewed the retract from the mount to inspect it. Unmounted, it worked fine. I reinstalled it and it still works fine.

Any idea why it could have misbehaved while in flight?
It miss behaved cause there useless..I 2 experienced this a lot....
Search to my video on the tube (dynam retracts unauthadox fix ) and it will show u what to try next time
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2339117
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:16 AM
Find More Posts by insomaniac45
Not always grumpy!!
UK, Eastleigh, Eastleigh
Joined Jul 2010
721 Posts
is it just me that has an ok pair of retracts from dynam?

I have had 1 stick up, but re-cycling sorted it, that was once. and a long time ago. I found that it got stuck on the wheel well it self. by re-cycling freed it.
insomaniac45 is offline Find More Posts by insomaniac45
Old Apr 21, 2015, 04:39 PM
Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
2,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
It miss behaved cause there useless..I 2 experienced this a lot....
Search to my video on the tube (dynam retracts unauthadox fix ) and it will show u what to try next time
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2339117
Jiggz - I too have (7) Dynam planes and rotate flights with them often.....never have issues with the landing gear....fly from DX6i/DX6 - Spektrum Recievers

What transmitter and receiver are you using in your Dynam models?

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is online now Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Old Apr 22, 2015, 03:12 AM
Find More Posts by jiggz
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
2,336 Posts
Hey tg ...
I'm using spectrum throughout my models..
And using a dx6i ...the spit has an ar6210 twin sat RX in it ...the only dynam set I haven't had probs with is my tiger moth ...and that's cause there fixed
Fms 1400 units seem to b a pretty strait swap
Jeff
Old Apr 22, 2015, 02:49 PM
Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
2,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Hey tg ...
I'm using spectrum throughout my models..
And using a dx6i ...the spit has an ar6210 twin sat RX in it ...the only dynam set I haven't had probs with is my tiger moth ...and that's cause there fixed
Fms 1400 units seem to b a pretty strait swap
Jeff
Copy That Jiggz - I am also flying via Spektrum Tx/Rx. The only retract issues I have had were after crashes an bent worm gear or loose "Y" cables.....once replaced...no issues noted

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is online now Find More Posts by TwistedGrin