HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 23, 2008, 11:26 PM
Joined Sep 2005
12 Posts
Discussion
DX7 296.99 at clubhobbies.com with platinum.

I just signed up as a platinum member with clubhobbies.com and they have the DX7, with ar7000, AND 4 821's for 296.99. I paid well over 350 for mine last week.

i wasnt going to buy the platinum. 200 bucks is a little steep. but i did get to login to the site to "preview" the plat prices. once i saw the price on t-rex stuff and they gave me an rcg discount, i bought in. they have a 25% discount on platinum for the members. the code is .. you guessed it .. rcgroups

makes me think I need an x9303 now. i can hear it now "but honey! we're saving money by spending it!"
3DM4St3R is offline Find More Posts by 3DM4St3R
Last edited by 3DM4St3R; Feb 25, 2008 at 03:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2008, 04:07 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Mar 2007
320 Posts
I do not get this, you have to pay 200.00 to become a member of the platimum club , so you can get the deals they would give to anybody if they needed the business ?
Sorry that sounds awful close to a scam to me.
Just looking at the first page, those aren't even that good of deals, three servos for 40.00, Ive seen em offered for 9.95 for three, if you think your getting better quality, think again. you will get the cheapest servos they can possibly sell and hope they will work for a bit(probably the same ones for the three for 10.00 deal). Receiver for 40.00's better be a damn good one, you can get a GWS 6 channel Naro for 19.95 ANYWHERE.
Now you need to purchase the equivalent of 200.00 savings from them, which will probably be close to 700.00 to 1000.00 of sales ?
Do you see the problem ?
Don't pay stores for the honor of doing business with them, its a sad practice that is marketed to people on the 'net with more money than time(I wanted to say something else, but I don't want to seem mean to the OP).
If they can afford to give you a low price, you can absolutely certain there is some other dealer willing to give you the exact same price without the need to purchase the right to buy it.

PS: just noticed the Esky 8 gramers for 3.36 each, that three servos for under 10.00 dollars, still happy about your 200.00 platinum membership, I would demand a refund and tell em to stuff their membership.
Nothing personal 3DMstr(???), Im truly sorry you got taken advantage of.
Graiskye is offline Find More Posts by Graiskye
Last edited by Graiskye; Feb 24, 2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 10:46 PM
elliptical = beauty
United States, TN, Greeneville
Joined Jul 2007
503 Posts
this guy is plugging for club hobbies all over the place. likely owns the website..??
Rascal_Tom is offline Find More Posts by Rascal_Tom
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:06 AM
United States, SC, Rock Hill
Joined May 2006
462 Posts
Hey 3DM4St3R, do you work for clubhobbies?
sircrashesallot is offline Find More Posts by sircrashesallot
Old Feb 25, 2008, 03:23 PM
Joined Sep 2005
12 Posts
no, they just gave my club quite a few platinum memberships for our raffle every month. i guess i was too excited? sorry guys.

on a side note, the servos and stuff they are referring to are all top shelf brand name stuff. but they can't publish the prices because of advertising pricing rules from spektrum, thunder pwoer, jr, etc. Just like vehicles at a car dealership cant be advertised, you've seen those commercials 'too low to advertise' because the parent company wants to protect the dealers.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:22 PM
Overconfidentii Flyis Caninus
United States, WI
Joined Jun 2007
112 Posts
Does clubhobbies allow mutliple purchases of any given item?

If a group of people or a club purchased the platinum club membership by chipping in X amount of money from each member then this may not be such a bad thing. Let's say 20 people wanted to buy that DX7 system; then $269.00 + $10 ($200/20) = $279.00 which is a good deal IMHO. However, would they allow it (is there some fine print to this membership) and how would they shipping be handled for 20 radios Guess shipping could be split evenly. Mix-n-match system? Hmmm..........

Mike
WileCoyote is offline Find More Posts by WileCoyote
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2008, 01:27 PM
Joined Sep 2005
12 Posts
im bettign they might frown on that? but it never hurts to ask. i cant imagine someone turning down a 20 radios sale.

if you're a club officer, call them. they are VERY supportive of clubs and if your club has a raffle at its meetings, they're very generous about prizes.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 06:14 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1 Posts
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all your input!

GraieSky- The reason we can't tell you WHICH servos they are is because Horizon Hobby, the company that sells JR, dictates how low of a price we are allowed to publish to the general public. I am allowed to publish the Hitec HS-55 (10.99) price that would work instead of what I might suggest from JR.

Rest assured, the example given is with all brand name, high quality equipment.

I've heard ClubHobbies.com being compared to Costco. We offer very low prices every day, on every item. The RC enthusiast, like 3dMaster(btw What club are you from?), spends a lot of money every year on the hobby. If you're putting together a helicopter, a giant scale airplane, or buying a radio and some other things you can often pay for the membership and still save on an order.

Thanks!

Josh
ClubHobbies.com Webmaster
ClubHobbies is offline Find More Posts by ClubHobbies
Closed Thread