SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 15, 2014, 02:27 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I like that one E2. So, no more Skytec parts?

Mike.
Not no more generally - but no more swashes ... I have quite a few rotor heads left (very few upper, mostly lower ...) and some other parts ...
(Sadly no more outer shaft gears either though ... ... but I have tons of Xtreme outer gears ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2014, 03:46 PM
Paint fixes everything.
Raleigh, NC
Joined Feb 2006
52 Posts
All my rc has been collecting dust for years until...I got the itch again. I just dusted off my blade cx's yeah- they are originals, first gen. Who's selling parts for the cx these days? Any threads or post that I shouldn't miss? I started reading back a bit, but there's an awful lot of posts in the past few years...
volksdad is offline Find More Posts by volksdad
Old Jun 15, 2014, 06:36 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volksdad View Post
All my rc has been collecting dust for years until...I got the itch again. I just dusted off my blade cx's yeah- they are originals, first gen. Who's selling parts for the cx these days? Any threads or post that I shouldn't miss? I started reading back a bit, but there's an awful lot of posts in the past few years...
Welcome back. Happy Fathers Day

The CX2 is a fine bird. There are many mods you can do on this bird. Many of the Guys will probably steer you in the direction of the blade grip mod. A mod that will allow the blades to fold inward on a "blade" head on crash (or any crash) reducing your blade damage.

Do you have any mods onn your CX2 so far?

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jun 15, 2014, 06:41 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,940 Posts
[QUOTE=volksdad;28658862]All my rc has been collecting dust for years until...I got the itch again. I just dusted off my blade cx's yeah- they are originals, first gen. Who's selling parts for the cx these days?
We've all had our CX2's so long that I don't know anybody out there who knows that much about the CX's anymore (guys note, he's asking about a CX not a CX2). This thread itself has almost died a few times because some have moved on to other things.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Last edited by kodak_jack; Jun 15, 2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 07:37 PM
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volksdad View Post
I just recently bought a CX2 (used) and everything is stock. I'm in the process of upgrading to make it more durable and fly better outdoor. Members on here have been great and guiding me to mod my CX2. Here are a few sites they gave me to get upgrade parts.

http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...=1&keyword=cx2

http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Blade...grades_s/9.htm

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...rd=cx2&x=0&y=0

http://www.aero-nuts.com/login.php

Stick around and we can learn together. I plan on making my CX2 a solid heli so I can keep it for many years to come.
vincent713 is offline Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Jun 15, 2014, 08:22 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,060 Posts
That seahawk is a beauty. Should be haze gray and under way. haha
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:41 AM
Joined Aug 2013
1,684 Posts
Thanks Lee.

I have a quick question, if I was to buy the TH9XB transmitter that comes with a receiver. Will I be able to use it on my CX2? Here's what I'm planning on getting.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Fl...2-p-47904.html
Old Jun 16, 2014, 06:55 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,940 Posts
You'd have to separate the existing receiver from the 3-in-1 portion of your 4-in-1 and wire things up accordingly. A simpler solution might be to buy a used DX6i. It is being replaced by the DX6 and a lot of guys are selling them off. There is a guy in the Classifieds who is selling his DX7. He wanted to sell his nanoQX quad as a package, but I talked him into selling me just a nano, so, he has the DX7 left to sell. His user name is muck76.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 01:20 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
Thanks Lee.

I have a quick question, if I was to buy the TH9XB transmitter that comes with a receiver. Will I be able to use it on my CX2? Here's what I'm planning on getting.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Fl...2-p-47904.html
apart from being overkill for a CX2 (which is however not the point) this RX is way bigger than the cx2 3in1. The little brother of this RX (with only 6ch) would be better suited for a cx2
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 16, 2014, 02:14 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
apart from being overkill for a CX2 (which is however not the point) this RX is way bigger than the cx2 3in1. The little brother of this RX (with only 6ch) would be better suited for a cx2
Well I've been wanting to get a decent TX for a while now to fly my other heli's and wanted to know if the THX9B Flysky would work with the CX2.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 02:21 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
Well I've been wanting to get a decent TX for a while now to fly my other heli's and wanted to know if the THX9B Flysky would work with the CX2.
ok, sorry that I seem to have answered the question wrong ... here is the short version:
YES
(however this does not include the "caveats" I was trying at least not to ignore ..
EDIT:
th9x is a great TX though
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 22, 2014, 01:27 AM
Joined Aug 2013
1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Here are a few pics.
KJ, I notice you drill a hole on the end of the blades, what does that do?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 08:58 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,940 Posts
It's not a hole, just a black dot. It's there because.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:30 AM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
It's not a hole, just a black dot. It's there because.
AAHH,,,... blades from India
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jun 24, 2014, 01:09 AM
Joined Aug 2013
1,684 Posts
You guys are too funny, well here's the latest update on my build. All parts came except for the motors. The guy from that website said he ran out of pinion gears so I would have to use my stock ones. I put everything together including the grips, blades, inner/outer shaft, gears and flybar and flew it with the stock motor just to see how it flies. First maiden flight, it flew like crap! Barely got any forward flight, I adjusted the servo arms and it helped a little bit. Then the heli started turning counter clockwise, I trimmed it all the way and still turning left. I figure the bottom rotor hub is slipping so back to ordering some more parts. In addition to the CNC lower hub, I ordered the metal swashplate and an extended upper rotor head. I have a question, when I installed the blades, does it suppose to move back and forward on the grip? I only have it tightened enough for the blade to fold.