HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2014, 03:19 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,478 Posts
still no word about them - i'm surprised people who have 'allegedly bought them have not posted photos of videos online yet...
muscleflex is offline Find More Posts by muscleflex
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2014, 03:18 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Nov 2011
74 Posts
They have only sold the original T8...not the T8x. And I'm sure its only sold a few of them. I have my T8X on reserve. they are supposed to be starting the first shipments around Halloween. Still have not heard anything on them. They are really dragging their asses. It was suposed to be released in august...now pushed into November.
jrwperformance is online now Find More Posts by jrwperformance
Old Oct 29, 2014, 08:41 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,612 Posts
Aside from price, what is the difference between the t8 and t8x?
That iitsii looks pretty cool and affordable.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice Pic
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:17 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Nov 2011
74 Posts
T8 had all 3D printed plastic parts and off the shelf Hitec servos. They were hand made. The T8X is injection molded plastic and supposedly, in house custom servos. I think the brain and the controller are the same, except the new controllers won't have XBee wireless module. Supposed to be going to a Wi-Fi control.
jrwperformance is online now Find More Posts by jrwperformance
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:53 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,612 Posts
Thank you.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice Pic
Old Nov 09, 2014, 12:26 PM
Joined Nov 2013
19 Posts
I have the T8X version preordered. I ordered it December of 2013...can't wait to get it!

I'd like to make the box that Adam Savage has on that youtube video. They said that they would have the plans online for it but I don't see them anywhere. Has anyone seen the plans?

EDIT: They recently added an option for the 'creepy hairy skin'. It looks pretty cool. I think it is a better finish on it than the smooth injection molded plastic. The T8 finish looks nicer but I couldn't justify spending $3,000 vs $575!
bluecreative is offline Find More Posts by bluecreative