HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 06, 2014, 09:49 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
KamikazePilot's Avatar
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darticus View Post
I just ordered the same thing. Won't be starting build for a while (said Santa). I will follow your build. Do you remember how much shipping cost and where are you? My shipping seemed very high but maybe its in a refrigerator box or their computer screwed up. Thank Ron
Just watch the build video. Only real difference is the snap links on the newer ones compared to the z-bend style. Check out the manual or mini pitts build for info on that.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2014, 09:15 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2014
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darticus View Post
I just ordered the same thing. Won't be starting build for a while (said Santa). I will follow your build. Do you remember how much shipping cost and where are you? My shipping seemed very high but maybe its in a refrigerator box or their computer screwed up. Thank Ron
Shipping was $49. I thought it was high too. I'm from Saskatchewan Canada. I am hoping that price included import duties and taxes.
Darren Ehlert is online now Find More Posts by Darren Ehlert
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2014, 09:17 PM
Registered User
Canada, SK
Joined Nov 2013
178 Posts
I'm in SK too and Twisted Hobbys shipping is high when it comes to us in Canada. The price doesn't include import duties but you won't pay any. I've had about 3-4 orders from Brad and never paid any.
Skerts is offline Find More Posts by Skerts
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:16 AM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2009
78 Posts
Anyone finding the Carbon Aileron rod is too short. It's too short I had to flip the control horn towards the back and not sure if that okay.??? anyone got any input on that?
fearlesshugo is offline Find More Posts by fearlesshugo
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:07 AM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlesshugo View Post
Anyone finding the Carbon Aileron rod is too short. It's too short I had to flip the control horn towards the back and not sure if that okay.??? anyone got any input on that?
.
Flipping the horn around will get it to reach, but then your differential geometry for the aileron throw will be all messed up, so would not recommend that. You could mount the servo, so that the output shaft is to the rear and that would gain you a little.
.
cdee
.
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:36 AM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2009
78 Posts
I just went to the LHS to buy a 1mm carbon fiber rod. Always triple the price $6 bucks for a cf rod but what can you do since we don't have a hk in Canada.
This plane is the best foamy I ever bought just learned how to hover after 1 day.
fearlesshugo is offline Find More Posts by fearlesshugo
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:38 AM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlesshugo View Post
I just went to the LHS to buy a 1mm carbon fiber rod. Always triple the price $6 bucks for a cf rod but what can you do since we don't have a hk in Canada.
This plane is the best foamy I ever bought just learned how to hover after 1 day.
.
Very cool..
.
cdee
.
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Twisted Hobbys - 32" Crack Yak - Build Thread (Lots of new pics!) hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 6480 Nov 19, 2014 04:45 AM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys Crack Pitts 12 Build and Info Thread! cwojcik 3D Foamies 3301 Nov 17, 2014 03:48 PM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - Crack Yak Lite - Build Thread hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 1140 Nov 03, 2014 03:52 PM
Wanted Twisted Hobbys - 32" Crack Yak Wanted Moparbob Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 32 Jul 10, 2012 07:36 PM