can this thing really piro flip ?
HeliStyle is offline Find More Posts by HeliStyle
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:59 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,158 Posts
I know the tail motor holds well on this BUT would the oversky 7mm be even better?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:26 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,893 Posts
how many who own this little heli recommend it to others?
I wasn't going to get it because I own a MCPx and didn't think I needed one that's smaller until watching some youtube videos on this Nano!
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniDaHero View Post
This little Heli has totally changed my life!!! I have probably crashed it 40 times since I got it on the 30th of September! It is still flying great! Anyway, things I was so scared to do with my 450 I am doing now with this little heli with NO FEAR! I took out my 450 yesterday and felt so comfortable flying it... I couldn't believe what 3 days of intense flying and getting over my fear of crashing would do for my confidence and skill level!

It's weird because I totally kick butt in the Real Flight but when it comes to doing it in real-life, I get the shakes and my nerves do more controlling and causing crashes then anything.

My wife couldn't understand why something so small could cost $150 but I told her about how much it would cost for 40 crashes in a T-Rex 450 and she actually understood why I was so excited! Plus the tech behind this is amazing!

I would like to thank Giovanni Day for his video which inspired me to get this little bird! Thanks Bro and thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread.
WOW!
I think this post right hear sold me!
I feel the same exact way real flight vs computer flight
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:30 PM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,370 Posts
the nano is great, had a brushless mcpx and a stock one, luved both of them too, but it seems to me right out of the box the nano has a better power to weight ratio, it makes doing 3d alot easier.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStyle View Post
the nano is great, had a brushless mcpx and a stock one, luved both of them too, but it seems to me right out of the box the nano has a better power to weight ratio, it makes doing 3d alot easier.
MAN!
I'm wanting to build up my 600 to fly a Canon camera and make some money and they keep coming out with these sweet little guys taking my money

just picked up the UM Spitfire
may pick up the new 300 Zero tomorrow
and I'm sure they will have this nCPX
and soon to come out is the V2 Sbach 342 !!
all of them I want
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:46 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,158 Posts
Recommended
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,893 Posts
Now more!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:00 PM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,370 Posts
tell me about it luckily my wife has been alright with my spending habits lol
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:06 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,893 Posts
and on the other page of this thread I'm checking out the Ninja 300
I want a bike to sport around on after work from time to time
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:38 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
So I had the head off the heli today and measured from the top of the shaft to the collar after the main gear was seated all the way up to the notch. I didnt have my digital calipers so I cant get a 100% accurate reading but it was just under 19mm.....odd
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Oct 06, 2012 at 01:44 AM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:36 AM
Joined Jan 2009
484 Posts
Yeah finally got it!! I read that some page earlier but can you guys confirm the main motor needs a few batteries before it delivers all his power? Test flew the bird quickly and I really wonder if it has enough power for tic-tocs.
Btw isn't it odd they recommend in the user manual to dial in a lower D/R setting for 3D?

EDIT
Can't remember whether I was using the stock batteries or my nanos yesterday but today power seems decent with the HH batteries. The nanos are somehow weak even tho they don't have that much cycles (maybe 10).

Otherwise I needed a couple of batteries to get the hang of it and now can perform pretty tight rolls and flips (I wish I could do them like the HH guy below his desk ). So although I wasn't impressed at first I'm really starting to like that bird

@helistyle : it might be able to with some practice, actually working on half piro flip which don't look very smooth and altitude steady yet but I'm no pro.
Teckos is offline Find More Posts by Teckos
Last edited by Teckos; Oct 06, 2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:56 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,091 Posts
Recommended

A dab of silicone oil on the tail helps fight the tail wag.
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:22 AM
Joined Nov 2011
3,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckos View Post
Yeah finally got it!! I read that some page earlier but can you guys confirm the main motor needs a few batteries before it delivers all his power? Test flew the bird quickly and I really wonder if it has enough power for tic-tocs.
Btw isn't it odd they recommend in the user manual to dial in a lower D/R setting for 3D?

EDIT
Can't remember whether I was using the stock batteries or my nanos yesterday but today power seems decent with the HH batteries. The nanos are somehow weak even tho they don't have that much cycles (maybe 10).

Otherwise I needed a couple of batteries to get the hang of it and now can perform pretty tight rolls and flips (I wish I could do them like the HH guy below his desk ). So although I wasn't impressed at first I'm really starting to like that bird

@helistyle : it might be able to with some practice, actually working on half piro flip which don't look very smooth and altitude steady yet but I'm no pro.
I have some Nanos and the 30c Turningy packs, and my 30c Turningy packs deliver more power than my Nanos
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:37 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,670 Posts
I only have the nano for a few days now and I am still a total beginner if it comes to CP helis.
But there is this challenge I call "BullsEye" and the nano is the first heli I used where I managed to land on the "pedestal" three times within one battery (or before a [nother] crash!!)

It is absolutely amazing how stable and controllable this little fella is for hovering!! (even in very close proximity to the floor)
When I shot the video it was the 7th battery TOTAL that I flew on the nano ...

1st BullsEye with the nanoCPX (4 min 1 sec)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...