HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:49 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,811 Posts
David,

In the AR6400 manual, there's a section on changing settings. Look for the heading that says To Change Channel 6 to a Reversed Channel 2 for Dual Ailerons or Reversed Channel 2 to Channel 6. By default, they're usually set so that AUX1 (CH6) is a reversed copy of ailerons (CH2).

Basically, you hold full throttle, up elevator and left ailerons while plugging in the receiver, then wait a few seconds til you see some flashes. You need a clean model memory or 100% throws with default directions - i.e. no reversing on a Spektrum or JR Tx, and high rates, if you have any set.

All the settings toggle, so just do the same procedure to undo it. I accidentally switched someone's Extra to brushless / external ESC mode while trying to do that and it flew off at full throttle, with no way to stop the motor other than grabbing it and unplugging the battery, so it's best to restrain the plane or remove the prop before you try changing any settings. I also accidentally reversed both tail servos while I was trying to remember the correct command, so it's best to do a pre-flight check afterwards too.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPMAR6400L.pdf - I assume that's the same edition that I have.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Last edited by Andy2No; Mar 26, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:50 AM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
David T, would you be interested in helping me figure out what may have caused a BP IR tx module to kill my buddy port on my Futaba 8UA? I'm thinking of tracing out the circuit and posting it here. Its the same deal as your module, just power connection and PPM in, the odd thing is its currently working just fine in my old Futaba non computer radio, and is exactly the same config as when my 8UA port died. The 8UA is working fine except for the buddy port.
crossup is offline Find More Posts by crossup
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:08 AM
UK
Joined Aug 2000
1,082 Posts
I'm sure other people will be interested but in a new thread perhaps. Circuit of the IR module will help people.
Regards, David.
David T is offline Find More Posts by David T
Old Apr 01, 2012, 09:49 AM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
Houston(dont forget to catch the Supercross on CBS!), we have SUCCESS! Took me quite a while to decipher DT's instructions but my TX1 is bound and working on Futaba PPM mode.
I decided to make my life a little bit harder by cramming a voltage regulator, resistor and zener into the DIN plug but its worth it to have it all nice and tidy.
Last edited by crossup; Apr 01, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 07:12 PM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
Having a problem with one of my 42b rx's. Bound it this morning and it worked as far as getting output on rudder- after further checking thats the only actuator without connection issues. While trying to determine if my issues were with the actuators or the sockets in installed on the Rx I noticed the rudder stopped working. Turns out I used the same plug/socket on my TRIAD plantraco rx so I used it to test the actuators and by then I had two of four working but got nothing from the 42b with working actuators. The 42b flashes a couple times then goes solid on,EVEN if the tx is off. So obviously something is amiss and since rebind requires it to go into the flashing mode I dont see how I can rebind. What am I missing?
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:19 PM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
Don't know what was going on...was turning it on to count blinks and after 3 or 4 turn on tries, it worked. Prior to that I had turned it on at least 20 times. Fairly sure it was in watchdog mode as it was giving me either 4 or 5 blinks before going steady on. Now its 1 flash and its bound and working.
Got verification that all 4 outputs are working so I'm down to getting the next 2 actuators going.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 03:03 AM
UK
Joined Aug 2000
1,082 Posts
The Rx has a programming mode which can be entered only after performing a (new) bind. You may have inadvertantly entered that. I've not heard of the watchdog being triggered. See how it goes not that you seem to have it working.
dt.
David T is offline Find More Posts by David T
Old May 13, 2012, 01:16 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
I received a v1.1.3 Tx1-M and I am happy to report that I can run it off the PPM from the trainer port of my Hitec Flash 5 Tx.
The Tx has 5 channels, but my Rx only has 4 channels, so the first 4 channels have been tested.
The Tx1-M is in mode 2 (PPM in Futaba AETR pulse order).
Update: I have bound my Tx1-M (v1.1.3) to an mQx quad copter (AS3X controller). Flown indoors, so no range test yet.
The motors shudder every so often, but this may be due to power glitches, not sure.
At 0 trim, the front left motor tends to not start-up as I raise the throttle.
I ended up giving some right rudder and aileron trim to fix.
Beyond that, pretty stable in tail-in hover.
I have been flying with increasing A, E, and R rates to get ready to try it outdoors.

Another thing unusual about the rudder and aileron channels (4 and 1): I needed to reverse their direction to get the mQx to behave properly.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama