SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 28, 2015, 02:24 PM
Joined Feb 2015
2 Posts
Discussion
Hisky HCP80 compatible with Fly Sky FS-CT6B?

Hi all,
I bought a Hisky HCP80 at the 2013 Toledo, Ohio show. I wasn't sure if I would need the "adapter" to make the TX compatible with the heli. The sales guy asked what radio I had to use with it and I told him a Fly Sky. He said the Fly Sky was compatible and I would not need the "adapter" (not sure what the proper name is) to get the TX to bind with the HCP80. Well today, nearly two years later I am first getting the heli out of the box and trying to set it up. The heli instructions say to turn on the TX with throttle down, plug in the RX battery and within a couple of seconds the heli blades will change pitch twice and the radio will be bound. That does happen but the TX does not have control. The RX light flashes the whole time. The heli instructions says that means it is NOT bound. Any ideas on how to get the two to talk?

Thanks
GTO Tiger is offline Find More Posts by GTO Tiger
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2015, 02:42 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,410 Posts
The HCP80 is not compatible with the FlySky radio protocol, so the only possible options are to use the HT-8 module with that radio, or get one of the radios which is compatible.
The HT-8 module option may not be the best one as there have been reports that it gives a poorer control feel (stick resolution) than a dedicated radio.
The other thing is that it may not work well with the CT-6B. I would expect that it should be okay, but not certain.
Dedicated HiSky radios are not that expensive, you can get their top line X-6S programmable with presets for the various models, including HCP80, for $50.
Also, although the CT-6B is programmable via the pc, having a radio with its own lcd screen makes things a lot easier for cp heli setup and fine tuning.
I would be inclined not to go with the HT-8 in this case, if you had a known HT-8 compatible radio it might be different.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Last edited by mono; Mar 01, 2015 at 02:56 AM. Reason: typo
Old Mar 01, 2015, 08:21 AM
Joined Feb 2015
2 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply Mono and I appreciate the feedback!
GTO Tiger is offline Find More Posts by GTO Tiger