SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 02:58 AM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,383 Posts
I am assuming you are talking about the variable pitch prop.

The G25 870Kv has the guts to turn the prop well so you will be able to tune the performance to what you require.

At low pitch the prop will climb and climb and climb.......bit like a car in low gear.

At high pitch you will get more speed............BUT

2 very important points

The motor is only rated to 44a, on 3s I had to bring the pitch down a lot from the stock setup to get the amps to a safe level..........over amping these motors will result in losing magnets due to heat.

Second the prop is rated for electric use only........get the revs too high and it will come apart so go easy testing on the ground and keep everyone out of the prop disc just in case.

An amp meter is essential and rev counter may be helpful for setting up.

I 'tuned' my prop to get 43a at WOT and it has lasted years and hundreds of flights so has the prop.

You may find that the pitch you end up going for to keep the amps down doesnt get the speed you are after so you may need to decrease the diameter and up the pitch until you get it how you like it.

Oh and balance the prop mine was way out.

Have fun experimenting and stay safe.

Dave
dav3uk is offline Find More Posts by dav3uk
to remove ads between posts