HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2014, 09:45 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,593 Posts
Steady beeping means no signal to the esc. Take the prop off. Unplug everything. replug.
Look close at the polarity of the plugs.
Put the throttle all the way up. Plug in the plane. Wait till the beeping stops, close the
throttle. Check all controls. Rebind.

On the motor stopping issue, does the motor spin free?
Kimber is offline Find More Posts by Kimber
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2014, 11:16 AM
Canada, NL, Clarenville
Joined Aug 2014
8 Posts
Still having issues

Hi Kimber

Thank-you for your assistance. I disconnected everything as shown in the somewhat blurry pic(servos from Rx, Rx from ESC, ESC from battery and ESC from motor) as you suggested, reconnected everything and followed your instructions. Now the ESC is rapidly beeping and I still have no response from the motor. I have included a video of the process(If it uploads) so you can experience my issue more fully.

Is there a chance the ESC is blown? Everything, including the motor, was working perfectly prior to trying to reset the motor brake.

Any more ideas? I don't have an extra ESC to test it with other than one already in a plane. I guess my next step could be to install the motor in another plane to eliminate the motor as an issue.

Sensei Beeps (1 min 48 sec)

Thanks Again,

Carl
NL466RCFlyer is offline Find More Posts by NL466RCFlyer
Old Oct 05, 2014, 12:03 PM
SUCK LESS
United States, IL, Lombard
Joined May 2009
3,617 Posts
It's possible that combining re-programing the ESC and re-binding the receiver in the same step is causing problems. Meaning, only do one, unplug the battery from the plane, then do the other.
FR4-Pilot is offline Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Nov 08, 2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2014, 12:40 PM
SUCK LESS
Joined May 2009
3,617 Posts
Sorry - watched your video again and fired up my plane - you must be using a different ESC as it's startup beeps are different than the stock one. The stock ESC doesn't make those 3 initial beeps (low-med-hi) when you attach the battery ...
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Nov 08, 2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2014, 03:42 PM
Canada, NL, Clarenville
Joined Aug 2014
8 Posts
Good News! I got the throttle working again and the motor brake is off!

You asked about the motor running free. Compared to another outrunner motor I have here I would have to say no. It does turn when I twist the shaft but it does so in very discrete increments (even when unplugged) which I assume has to do with the field magnets. It spins but stops almost immediately if I give it a twist with my fingers. The other motor I have spins very smoothly and continues to turn when I give it a spin.

While on the topic of the motor. I noticed that mine seems to be angled slightly to the right is this normal? Or did I do some motor mount damage when I nose dived on the maiden?Will it be a huge deal or will some extra trim take care of it?

Carl
NL466RCFlyer is offline Find More Posts by NL466RCFlyer
Old Oct 05, 2014, 08:32 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,593 Posts
Slightly to the right and slightly down.

I was just asking about the motor to make sure it was free, it sounds like it is ok. Some have more magnet drag than others.
Kimber is offline Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:30 PM
SUCK LESS
Joined May 2009
3,617 Posts
If anyone's interested, a comparison between the Sensei and Apprentice:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...37&postcount=1

Old Nov 07, 2014, 04:55 AM
Darien, Illinois
Joined May 2004
89 Posts
It will be fine, just won't fly quite as long, assuming it's also a 3S (3-cell) battery.
FRENCHSTAN is offline Find More Posts by FRENCHSTAN