HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2006, 08:15 AM
The Far East
Joined Jan 2006
853 Posts
Help!
Pioneer scale info thought!

I have a 2m span Pioneer scale kit that's waiting to be built. Everyone seems to be finishing her in yellow color scheme. Anyone aware of other color and acale theme for this scale glider?
suirendoujin is offline Find More Posts by suirendoujin
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2006, 01:19 PM
Where's the lift?
United States, WA, Snohomish
Joined Mar 2001
2,893 Posts
LF-109 Pionyr

Toshiro,

Most Pionyrs are all-yellow, but there are a few that deviate from the standard scheme. Gordon Pearson did his in blue-on-white, which looks really nice. Or, you can just come up with your own scheme, which is what I am often inclined to do. Unless you are thinking of competing in a scale contest before a panel of judges with full documentation, etc., this is a great way to create a distinctive model that will stand apart from all the rest.

BTW, I have this kit, too (P&B Models 88" span LF-109), for Someday.

Don.

Oh, and I liked your article in the latest issue of QF on the Kalavinka. Good job!
dgliderguy is online now Find More Posts by dgliderguy
Last edited by dgliderguy; Feb 12, 2006 at 01:25 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 09:16 AM
The Far East
Joined Jan 2006
853 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Dggliderguy Don,
Thank you for the pics. No wonder most of what I had dug up were all yellow in color. I did come across a B&W photo of one in probably green with Russian red star markings.
Will be a while before I can start building her. But, most definitely will. I dont know why, but it looks like I have a sweet spot for tandem two seat trainers . I have built and flown scale models of Grob Twin Astir, ASK21, and ASK13.
suirendoujin is offline Find More Posts by suirendoujin