HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 20, 2013, 08:10 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
No credit is due - since the bottom line is that, provided a member there completely toes the line of the anonymous Admin's agenda, they can say what they like, however disgusting or libellous that might be, including attacks on family mrmbers of those whom they have in their sights. If their posts do not meet with the anonymous Admin's approval then they are disappeared, and/or banned into the bargain. All the while, simultaneously denying that there has been anyone banned.
Ok, so you dislike them. It's almost like a difference in politics. Here, people jump on the bandwagon and report posts. It's called a dogpile even if it's hidden. Over there, there is no reporting, the double secret admin does it on his own. I have seen people banned here for seemingly no reason ( or fabricated one) as well. But hey, you are entitled to not like them. For what it's worth there are people I don't like either. You have to give the some credit, they have a website and to the best of my knowledge you don't. Believe me I am not defending anyone, just stating the facts.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2013, 08:27 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
Ok, so you dislike them. It's almost like a difference in politics. Here, people jump on the bandwagon and report posts. It's called a dogpile even if it's hidden. Over there, there is no reporting, the double secret admin does it on his own. I have seen people banned here for seemingly no reason ( or fabricated one) as well. But hey, you are entitled to not like them. For what it's worth there are people I don't like either. You have to give the some credit, they have a website and to the best of my knowledge you don't. Believe me I am not defending anyone, just stating the facts.
It isn't about me, or whether or not I have a website. I'm perfectly content to be a small part of this website. The best RC website.

There is no credit to be granted for having that other website, IMO. YMMV.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Oct 20, 2013, 08:40 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,455 Posts
Quote:
It isn't about me, or whether or not I have a website. I'm perfectly content to be a small part of this website. The best RC website.

There is no credit to be granted for having that other website, IMO. YMMV.
You're right, it isn't about you.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:06 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,605 Posts
Thanks
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Oct 20, 2013, 09:00 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,416 Posts
Quote:
No credit is due - since the bottom line is that, provided a member there completely toes the line of the anonymous Admin's agenda, they can say what they like, however disgusting or libellous that might be, including attacks on family mrmbers of those whom they have in their sights. If their posts do not meet with the anonymous Admin's approval then they are disappeared, and/or banned into the bargain. All the while, simultaneously denying that there has been anyone banned.
Brian, I have to disagree with you in that your assertion goes a bit beyond the actual truth. In Truth, there have been very few bannings there and the ones that I am aware of certainly worked hard for it and had any number of public warnings to desist.

I post there as I do here and there have been a few times where I have been in complete disagreement with Admin, flat called him out on some of his actions or comments and I'm still there as have others. The primary rule there that I can see is that one does NOT allow LTUP issues or rivalies to rear their heads there. Period. Yes, there those there that have an axe to grind about this forum and in some cases they aren't far off the mark either. I don't get along with some there just as I don't agree with every single person here and there are also folks there that I do agree with.

My mission in participating there is to ensure that the Truth really does prevail and I have no problem quickly bringing untruth to light regardless of who brings it.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:00 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,444 Posts
Since this thread has completely strayed from the original post (that has been warned for a personal attack) I am now closing it. Discussion about other websites should take place in the "Other Websites" forum section.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Closed Thread