HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:39 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
How single engined is that????

Wouldnt that be awesome tho. A Micro Do-335. I must admit I have gone so far as to look at the design requirements. It would need some extra components created for the rear motor mount and wing brace and of course a different setup for the twin motors and probably the use of a different Rx (AR6310) with external servos, but it is very do-able. Because of the very different requirements it wont be next but if things go well it will happen because the requirement are similar for the P-38 and a whole host of other twins.

So How 'out of the box' is a Nakajima Rufe for a single engined aircaft, or maybe a BV 141 (too far?).
deadbird is offline Find More Posts by deadbird
Last edited by deadbird; Sep 17, 2012 at 02:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:50 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,588 Posts
Now you're talking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbird View Post
or maybe a BV 141 (too far?).
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:57 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,988 Posts
Quote:
So How 'out of the box' is a Nakajima Rufe for a single engined aircaft, or maybe a BV 141 (too far?).
P-39?

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:07 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,284 Posts
Quote:
How single engined is that????

Wouldnt that be awesome tho. A Micro Do-335. I must admit I have gone so far as to look at the design requirements. It would need some extra components created for the rear motor mount and wing brace and of course a different setup for the twin motors and probably the use of a different Rx (AR6310) with external servos, but it is very do-able. Because of the very different requirements it wont be next but if things go well it will happen because the requirement are similar for the P-38 and a whole host of other twins.

Thata the great thing about the Do335, it doesnt have to be a twin at first. You can always do a single puller setup and then later on do a twin version.

The rufe, bv141 would be awesome! How about a Me163 as well? That should be simple to make
invertmast is online now Find More Posts by invertmast
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:59 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
OK, here's an idea - shall I start a new thread calling for everyones choices? - with pictures.

The rules are it has to be a single engined, prop driven military aircraft from the period 1936 - 1949. All comers welcome but the emphasis is on the more unusual or rare, even experimental.

There would be a limit of aircraft for the list, so suggestions are first come first serve. We'll then put all of them in a poll and see which one comes top. The one that does, Microaces will make as a kit and release early next year.

But everyone has to 'promise' to buy one!

Good idea????
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,284 Posts
Quote:
OK, here's an idea - shall I start a new thread calling for everyones choices? - with pictures.

The rules are it has to be a single engined, prop driven military aircraft from the period 1936 - 1949. All comers welcome but the emphasis is on the more unusual or rare, even experimental.

There would be a limit of aircraft for the list, so suggestions are first come first serve. We'll then put all of them in a poll and see which one comes top. The one that does, Microaces will make as a kit and release early next year.

But everyone has to 'promise' to buy one!

Good idea????
I like it!

Maybe you can implement some of the suggestions from this thread into your original post as well...

A stuka or fiesler storch would be cool to!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:48 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Other rule is one choice per person per day!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:36 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,284 Posts
Quote:
other rule is one choice per person per day!:d
lol
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:03 PM
United Kingdom, England, Melton Mowbray
Joined Jan 2008
408 Posts
I think seeing as how your current line-up/ intended line-up are in matched pairs of allied and axis then the suggestion should include the opposite sides equivalent.

Ie Lysander and Storch. Similar planes/ designs and intended roles but on opposite sides.

Chris
chris jones is online now Find More Posts by chris jones
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:35 PM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris jones View Post
I think seeing as how your current line-up/ intended line-up are in matched pairs of allied and axis then the suggestion should include the opposite sides equivalent.

Ie Lysander and Storch. Similar planes/ designs and intended roles but on opposite sides.
I see where your going Chris and thats going to double my work load!!! D'ya know how long it takes to do these illustrations

I was actually thinking of stepping outside the pairings and consider this as a 'special', a one off of something that could potentially be little bit insane or different to really test the metal.

But it will be fair and open and every suggestion will be given its chance.

Oh, and the person that suggest (first) the model that is eventually picked in the poll will obviously have the Deluxe kit of the aircraft land on their doorstep first and FOC. Looks like we've got us a little competition!

I will kick it off with a new thread sometime this week and anyone with a suggestion can add to the thread with a mini sales pitch for the voting public. Sound good?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:17 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,588 Posts
OK, here's a challenge.

Supermarine Walrus.

And it's only got one engine.
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:09 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,284 Posts
Or you could do something really out of the ordinary......

Lancair, glastar, longez, pilatus Pc12, etc etc. something civilian would be nice to see

Oh, i got ahold of a spare AS3X board to put on my 190
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:43 PM
Cookie
Australia, NSW, Petersham
Joined Sep 2005
1,190 Posts
I got mine this morn and it really is nice. I ordered the FW190 deluxe 'black'. The decals are superb, as with the packing and even the box. Great instructions too.
Modelflight had the AR6400L for $39 which I thought was better than $99 from my lhs.
Thanks Jon, you made it very easy to make an order. I have to wait a couple of weeks as dear old Dad wants to be in on the build.

Cheers,
Pete
10x8 is offline Find More Posts by 10x8
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:07 PM
United States, CA, Brentwood
Joined Jun 2012
451 Posts
Oh boy, now I'm going to have to buy a spectrum. Website bookmarked!

Ps, would be nice if you could implement a currency converter, or am I just missing it?
Underthetire is offline Find More Posts by Underthetire
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:23 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underthetire View Post
Oh boy, now I'm going to have to buy a spectrum. Website bookmarked!

Ps, would be nice if you could implement a currency converter, or am I just missing it?
Underthetire, that is definately on the 'phase 2' of the website list. We will have to harmonize it with the Paypal converter tho otherwise it wont be accurate.

J