HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2010, 01:41 PM
RC-Kraut
Joined Feb 2006
1,858 Posts
Video
Squall ! HET-69mm/typhoon 2W

Hi - here is a nice flight with this 750W bullet, always giving lots of adrenaline. It takes max. 60A and gives lots of thrust. The wind was very heavy with 4 bft, our gliders stood in the air against the wind this day, therfore the sound is very crushy. My cam man doubted that anything could be seen, as the display of the cam was useless, because of the hard sun - no contrast, like a mirror. He just followed the audible "sound" and sometimes saw it. We have to improve the vid taking and the cutting . But what the hell, such a bird. I love every flight going well. Those things have short half-times Have fun (as we had)
markus
relaxr is offline Find More Posts by relaxr
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2010, 05:13 PM
Australia, NSW, Mona Vale
Joined May 2002
5,440 Posts
Where on Earth were you to have all those con-trails in the sky.

Nice looking bird--and she sure moves out.
oldpilot is offline Find More Posts by oldpilot
Old May 27, 2010, 12:06 AM
RC-Kraut
Joined Feb 2006
1,858 Posts
Thats central germany close to rhein-main airport (frankfurt/main) - yes we have THE european sky hub there. Some weeks before there were for one week NO con-trails in the sky because of the vulcan eruption on island. Yes we live in a busy area.........
markus
Old May 27, 2010, 08:02 AM
USA, NC, Stanley
Joined Sep 2008
161 Posts
"followed the sound"

CLASSIC!

I, for one am impressed that you're getting that kind of wattage and performance from a 3 cell.... I've been looking for just such a thing!

Thanks!
fly_right is offline Find More Posts by fly_right
Old May 27, 2010, 12:32 PM
RC-Kraut
Joined Feb 2006
1,858 Posts
Yes - the typhoon 2W (3S) motor is in this fan at the edge, if enough Amps come from the lipo. Thrust is 1,1kg. From the weight/thrust ratio the 3-cell design of this 2W-motor is imho more performant as a 2W-20/4Cell drive. The watts are more or less identical. I would say, up to 1,4kg AUW all jets should go very nice with this drive. The Squall! with its delta aerodnamics and just 0,9 kg AUW is very efficient in speed, should be here close to 120mph. In my former F-16 (phase3) the same drive made another more mphs (+10), with an AUW of 1,2 kg (it was glassed). But believe me, my knees tremble at least a bit every time - flying at my limit . . .
markus