HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:26 AM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
I thought JR was already DSM2?
It is... but the 9X uses the JR type socket module..

thats why its called a JR module
JLT_GTI is online now Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:31 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
It is... but the 9X uses the JR type socket module..

thats why its called a JR module
If JR already use DSM2 then why would you need a Module at all?
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:54 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidterrell80 View Post
DX6i is on the 15% off sale currently under way. I bought another one as my first has no open memories.
Yup! Guess who just bought a used DX8??

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:56 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
Hobbyking has released a DSM2 module for JR socket type radios:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=24656

Wich means you now can cheaply fly the Champ and other Parkzone micros with the popular 9X radios

very interesting now because until now if i go to fly and i want to carry the Champ, T28 or the Blade 120 i had to carry 2 radios, the 9X/7C and the DX6i.. since almost all of my planes are migrated to the 9X now i only need one radio
Same for me, mine is shipping right now.

I think the stick channel order is different on the 9x and the DX. For planes with discrete receivers it's no problem (just swap the servo connections), but for builtin Rx such as the Champ you'll need to run something like er9x which can swap the channel order in the Tx.

At least that's my understanding, without having received it yet.

I'm so looking forward to being able to fly my little planes with the 9x.
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:29 AM
TjW
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2006
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
If JR already use DSM2 then why would you need a Module at all?
The JR transmitters also support other bands, such as 72 MHz. So rather than offering separate transmitters on different band, they offer RF modules that plug into the radio. For 2.4 GHz, yes, they're DSM.

The big difference between the Spektrum DSM module and the HK DSM module is hopefully just price.
TjW is offline Find More Posts by TjW
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
soon I will be maidening my newest champ and will see how she goes
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:53 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Vlaardingen
Joined Aug 2012
27 Posts
My Champ ended up in a try while flying inverted, had to tape together three sticks to get it down from 25' up and broke the wing and the horizontal stab in the process. Nothing a little glue can't fix, but I'm seriously considering getting a Sukhoi for the aerobatics stuff.
My two 12c E-Flite lipos seem to lose capacity after only 20 cycles. the 25c one is still doing fine. I ordered four Turnigy Nano-Tech lipos, which, including S&H, cost me as much as a single 25c E-Flite...
TobyW is offline Find More Posts by TobyW
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, MA, Huntington
Joined Nov 2012
30 Posts
been fly the champ for a few months and a super cub just picked up a dx6i but i cant seem to figure out how to bind the champ to the dx6i am i missing something? i dont see a place for the bind plug??
Flyingskydiver is offline Find More Posts by Flyingskydiver
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:31 PM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
1,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingskydiver View Post
been fly the champ for a few months and a super cub just picked up a dx6i but i cant seem to figure out how to bind the champ to the dx6i am i missing something? i dont see a place for the bind plug??
Bind plug not needed.

Assign a memory slot on the DX6i for the Champ. Power off the DX6i. Plug in the battery to the champ. From the front of the champ you should see the red flashing LED meaning it's ready for a TX signal. Pull and keep the trainer/timer switch pulled. Power on the TX. The screen will display Bind. When you see the flashing LED become steady you can release the switch. The Champ is now bound to the DX6i. Taxi out onto the street and enjoy your flight
GRUMPEE is online now Find More Posts by GRUMPEE
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:43 PM
United States, MA, Huntington
Joined Nov 2012
30 Posts
thank you for the info!
Flyingskydiver is offline Find More Posts by Flyingskydiver
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:23 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPEE View Post
The Champ is now bound to the DX6i. Taxi out onto the street and enjoy your flight
And, when it binds, it BINDS! Never had to re-bind a Champ, or for that matter, disconnect and then reconnect the battery to get initialization. Definitely more "bound" then my UMX MiG 15, which fights initialization about 50% of the time. This little plane is a Champ in more ways then one. Enjoy one of the best "out of the box" micro flyers out there....

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:08 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,060 Posts
Even though I have many different planes that all serve their own purpose, my new Champ is my favorite right now. I'm amazed that it flies with such little power with the stick at 1/4 throttle. I love doing low passes right next to me with the motor barely on.

The only question I have is if it's possible to keep the stock tx from unbinding when you use it with another plane (UM P-51). I'm only using the stock tx because I use the turnigy 9x for the bigger planes.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:21 PM
TjW
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2006
220 Posts
That shouldn't be an issue. The Rx remembers the Tx it's bound to, not the reverse.

Power up your Tx before powering up your airplane.
TjW is offline Find More Posts by TjW
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:39 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kov16 View Post
Even though I have many different planes that all serve their own purpose, my new Champ is my favorite right now. I'm amazed that it flies with such little power with the stick at 1/4 throttle. I love doing low passes right next to me with the motor barely on.

The only question I have is if it's possible to keep the stock tx from unbinding when you use it with another plane (UM P-51). I'm only using the stock tx because I use the turnigy 9x for the bigger planes.
Hi kov, If I understand your question correctly, you would have to bind the stock TX to the Champ (which i assume that is done now). Fly the Champ! Now you want to fly the P-51 right? You would need to bind the stock TX to your P-51. Fly! Now you want to go back and fly your Champ. You would need to "re-bind" the TX to the Champ again to fly.

Does that make sense?

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:47 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Hi kov, If I understand your question correctly, you would have to bind the stock TX to the Champ (which i assume that is done now). Fly the Champ! Now you want to fly the P-51 right? You would need to bind the stock TX to your P-51. Fly! Now you want to go back and fly your Champ. You would need to "re-bind" the TX to the Champ again to fly.

Does that make sense?

Mike.
Yep, that's what I'm doing.

I was wondering if there is a way both planes could be bound to the one tx. That way I don't have to keep re-binding each time I switch planes. If it isn't possible, then it doesn't matter because binding only takes a few seconds. Overall, the stock transmitter is very good in my opinion. I don't think flying without it is any worse than with my DX6i (In another country/continent at the moment ).
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby