HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2011, 10:58 AM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
I actually laughed out loud when I looked at a map and saw some of the town names....makes one wonder HOW they got the name...
yeah and don't forget Bird in Hand and Paradise!! you have to drive through all of them prior to getting to paradise. What were dem
Amish thinking?
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2011, 03:25 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I think Mike sent his land hurricane out to us. We got the counter clock wise swirl with ..... yeah.... the blue is SNOW
If you got our land hurricane, them you are going to LOVE the next few days! We had decent weather yesterday (sunny but cold, winds 15-18), so I flew the Vyper a few times but it was too cold to get out the Su-26. Went out today and it was gorgeous (winds 8-10, sunny, maybe 50degrees)...flew the Vyper and the Su-26 - no problems, no bad landings, no prop strikes...in fact today was a great day for the whole club - we had 50cc Extra, smaller planes, my Su-26 and another 30cc Katana, a P-47, a Aero-Works .60 Size Edge 540, and no crashes, no oops, no bad landings, nothing! Amazing day; we are feeling really blessed.
Ron, I hope you get a chance to fly in the really nice weather that should be coming your way!
-Mike
p.s. I have video of the eTwist, just have to get it uploaded! Gino is flying that thing every chance he gets - he flew it 4 times today - he is having so much fun with that thing - he's doing more aerobatics with that plane than any other plane I've seen him fly!
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Oct 02, 2011, 03:29 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I called my buddy with the herr cub and he met me out there. this time I came loaded for bear. I had 4 battery packs and I was going to get some time in on this plane.
We had a good evening and there is somthing to be said about landing in the tall grass
Great photos of both planes - good to see the Edge in the air!
Oh yeah, and get your field mowed!
You need a foamy trainer for the Edge?
That would never fly with my wife...wait, I bought the 3DHS EPP Edge 540 last week... Hope I get some time to put it together soon...I'm hoping to be able to fly this one indoors this winter...there are bunch of domes that allow planes like on Friday night and stuff.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:21 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,321 Posts
Well Kids <in the words of waldo> I am going to break the all the rules this round.

As the Primo Knock Off gets closer to being completed, I have spent some time doing everything that ever been argued on a forum...

HS 81 for throttle.... It will get replaced
2S2200 Lipo RX Pack from Flightmax
Turnigy 3 amp <max 5amp on front, 6 amp on back> switching UBEC.
Spread Ructrum AR7000 with Sat
Futaba S3050 Digital Metal Gears for tail Feathers
JR DS 811 Digital for the Ailerons
MPI Switch
Thunder Tigre 36

Using the RX Lipo I am seeing 5.95 Volts at the RX with the Fluke
While waiting for the Lipo to chage to a full 8.4 volts I was doing set up with a Tenergy NMH 6 volt 2000 packs that had 6.37 volts. It would only give me 5.5 volts at the RX. Since it was not reaching the required voltage, it was being tight about what it could give. You have got to run either a Lipo or Life with a regulator or it aint happy.

I have some of those Volt Watch type things from HK. They dont care for regulators either, simply since they are geared at "full charge" volts and not conditioned and managed volts. Since a 6 volt NMH pack full charged is well over 6 volts, if it drops below 6 volts the volt watch goes from "perfect" to Good"

Since a "regulated" power supply gives 5.95 volts no matter how charged full the lipo is, it only sees the voltage as "good".

Anyway... That is enough of that for the night.

N
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:25 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Ron, I hope you get a chance to fly in the really nice weather that should be coming your way!
-Mike
p.s. I have video of the eTwist, just have to get it uploaded! Gino is flying that thing every chance he gets - he flew it 4 times today - he is having so much fun with that thing - he's doing more aerobatics with that plane than any other plane I've seen him fly!
I am very happy he is having a good time with it. Its going to be a great plane for him to skill up on.

Both Fun Flys this weekend... Well they may have still had them, but I wasn't going out in this weather. Much less drive 45 minutes to one and 2 hours to the other and the weather be this windy and cold. It was time to stay in, work on stuff, save the gas and tinker.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:28 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Mike I love that would never fly with my wife O WAIT I did by a foamie LOL.
Dog I hope you have some good weather headed your way.
Todat we were in thge mid 70's and the wind was out of the SE 5mph but alittle varible in the afternoon. I was shifting to the west and then back SE.
I just had to fly so I called my brother and 3 other buddys and another couple of guys showed up.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:36 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
I took a few photos and also did some videoing.
Now Mike told me to fly low so I did
Here are some pictures of the Edge
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:41 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
We hade a great time and I got some good shots of the boys flying. I love those H-9 PTS Mustangs
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:54 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Now my buddy Greg showed up with a Tower pro 36" Edge and his somthing ugly. now some how when he was coping from his ucan do to his edge he reversed the Ailerons. It was on luck and the planes abilty for slow flight speed and the abilty to recover after giving a wrong input saved this plane. It was a scary few minutes.
he managed to land it but it was a bit rough.
now after straighting the landing gear he went up again and this time only to lose a wheel. Still he brought her in for a near perfect landing.
The guys started calling him Scully The pilot that land a jet in the river
Old Oct 02, 2011, 10:00 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,321 Posts
Very Cool Pics! I like that "something ugly", looks like fun.

What are all those things growing randomly behind the flight line?

Weather looks great there.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 10:03 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Now the 1st flight of the Edge gave me a fit. I had flown her for maybe 3 or 4 minutes when I chopped the throttle. I then added throttle and she started squealing. She had a bit of a rough landing. I tried once again and she squealed. I had a DVM with me and I measured the voltage at 11.5. This was on a 1550 battery. I then put an 1800 in it and it would only squeal if I throttle up to hard.
I flew her 3 more flights.
I also got 3 flights in on the MX, but wouldn't you know it the gas tank leaked some and soaked 2 stringers and a former. I knew it need changing as it has a metal bolt on the stopper and it vibrates it lose and then leaks.
Still the MX sure flew nice, It's so easy to fly
anyways good night guys I hope you all have a good monday
Old Oct 02, 2011, 10:06 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Dog those are weeds and thats a freshly planted soccer field too. They should of some weed killer on it lol. And yes fall is a great time for flying here in mo
Old Oct 03, 2011, 08:46 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
WINDY weekeend for us....Mike you lucked out, hehe. We had 10-25 and gusting from the NE, N and NW Saturday. The only thing flying was my Superfly. We were having a blast try to do tail touches while harriering it. Betwee me and the 5 other guys I let fly it, It probably crashed 20 times....not a scratch, lololol.

yesterday we had 10-15mph so I braved a maiden on EF Edge number 2. Left off the side force generators and it flew very well. Handled the wind great too. Landing was a bit tricky but thankfully all good, lol. Looking like this weekend is going to be Primo!!
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Oct 03, 2011, 08:52 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Now the 1st flight of the Edge gave me a fit. I had flown her for maybe 3 or 4 minutes when I chopped the throttle. I then added throttle and she started squealing. She had a bit of a rough landing. I tried once again and she squealed. I had a DVM with me and I measured the voltage at 11.5. This was on a 1550 battery. I then put an 1800 in it and it would only squeal if I throttle up to hard.
What brand and size prop you have on that one?
Old Oct 03, 2011, 08:56 AM
Joined Jan 2009
5,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
WINDY weekeend for us....Mike you lucked out, hehe. We had 10-25 and gusting from the NE, N and NW Saturday. The only thing flying was my Superfly. We were having a blast try to do tail touches while harriering it. Betwee me and the 5 other guys I let fly it, It probably crashed 20 times....not a scratch, lololol.

yesterday we had 10-15mph so I braved a maiden on EF Edge number 2. Left off the side force generators and it flew very well. Handled the wind great too. Landing was a bit tricky but thankfully all good, lol. Looking like this weekend is going to be Primo!!
Tom,
That's about the same as we had in terms of wind...I just decided it wasn't going to stop me from flying!
Amazingly, no crashes for anyone all weekend!!
-Mike
Site Sponsor