HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2005, 04:28 PM
Joined Feb 2005
11 Posts
defective center hubs

I recently purchased two gws mini dragonfly direct drive tail heli with the 300s main motor. I noticed a wobble that could not be corrected with balancing both the main rotor blabe or the fly bar.I also installed springs i made to keep the main blades from lagging . I also made sure the main gear shaft was straight, and it was. what I found to be the problem was the center hub . the hole in the center hub where the main gear shaft is inserted and held with a pin is not straight or in center with the center hub itself. to see this more easily you have to remove every thing from the main gear shaft leaving just the main gear in the frame with just the center hub fully inserted and pinned.then spin the gear shaft while looking at the hub . both of my hubs wobble from left to right a little over 3/32 of an inch. add the weight of the blades and fly bar at the rpms there turning with this off center hub and you have exactly the same problem you would have as if you had a bent main gear shaft. I e-mailed gws about the center hub problem. So far no reply. If your heli has a vibration that just will not go away check out the hub.
big dan is offline Find More Posts by big dan
Last edited by big dan; Feb 16, 2005 at 05:14 PM. Reason: wrong forum
to remove ads between posts