HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2014, 11:50 PM
Flight Enthusiast AMA# 1028706
United States, MN, Perham
Joined Aug 2013
12 Posts
Discussion
Sig Extra 300XS (50cc)

Not sure if this is the correct area for this post and please refer otherwise if not!

That being said, I recently purchased an assembled bare air-frame of a discontinued Sig Extra 300XS (purple and white one with 74" wingspan).

I have the common (40mm) servos and arms ready for install and need the motor (DLE 55-50cc recommended), wheel pants, decals, and anything else needed to fly this gem.

I need advice on what else is needed, what you all recommend, and if any of you have suggestions to make this the best plane in my fleet as it's currently the largest I have.

I'm accustomed to electric and stupid dumb when it comes to gas. Please help with any advice you may have!

Mike
Mikeinizer is offline Find More Posts by Mikeinizer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2014, 01:36 AM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
2,983 Posts
are you asking for , like what kind of batteries?

and stuff!

I use a 3 battery set-up on my 27% Extra 260 with an RCG/DLE55 clone!

1 4.8v nihm pack for ignition!

2 1650ma 2c life packs, with 2 switch's going too the receiver! ( in parallel ), one in the battery port, and one in any open channel! ( turn on the one in battery port first, atleast my Futaba likes it that way)

I would start with a 22x8 XOAR prop!
not sure if you have a spinner or not yet! but a carbon fiber would be best, if not then a nice aluminum one would surfice!

do not know if you have the proper fuel tank, I would go with a 16oz tank, with proper gas stopper! and lines, and I hear tell, you can get brass fuel pick-ups at HD!

good luck with your new plane, I have always liked the look of those Extra's, with the purple!
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ghosts of airplanes past!