HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:42 AM
Luck is my skill
On Earth
Joined Jun 2009
1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirzeppu View Post
Wanted to join in...I LOVE this little heli! I have wrecked it over 10 times now, even forgetting to hit throttle hold...and this little guy is darn near indestructible.
+1

Was out flying last night and my dog ran off, looked over at him to call him back just for a second and down my nCPX went, forgot throttle hold in idle up2. I think they have something setup where the motor shuts off when stressed too much or something because the head was not spinning motor was stopped, I was like ... OMG it's broke ... nope, just put her right back up in the air!

BTW my crash was in dirt not even grass! Yo this thing is TOUGH.

On another note, Horizon Hobby is using different plastic for the canopy I'm sure, my old MCX, MSR, CX2, SR and mCPX canopies would crack on crashes, this canopy is taking abuse like Tina took from Ike.
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:59 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
+1

Was out flying last night and my dog ran off, looked over at him to call him back just for a second and down my nCPX went, forgot throttle hold in idle up2. I think they have something setup where the motor shuts off when stressed too much or something because the head was not spinning motor was stopped, I was like ... OMG it's broke ... nope, just put her right back up in the air!

BTW my crash was in dirt not even grass! Yo this thing is TOUGH.

On another note, Horizon Hobby is using different plastic for the canopy I'm sure, my old MCX, MSR, CX2, SR and mCPX canopies would crack on crashes, this canopy is taking abuse like Tina took from Ike.
I think you're right about them turning the motor off when it senses too much stress. I've ntoiced the same thing on my 130x.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:09 AM
tiguytrem
Canada, QC, Québec
Joined Jan 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Nice! I took my radio to the LHS today and the first NANO I took out of the box, the pitch was so far off it wasn't funny. He would not let me adjust the pitch so I went to the second box and that was the charm. I hovered it around the store as it is small and crowded. Was pleased with it and the rest is history. I need to get about six more batteries. I have nine now but need more. Any idea where I can get a good price on some?

Bob
Hi Bob, Hobbyking have a good price for turnigy 160 mah 30c lipo batteries!!

Guy
tiguytrem is offline Find More Posts by tiguytrem
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:35 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiguytrem View Post

Guy
I have bought lots of the turnigy 160's and I think I have had better luck with the nano's...but i guess all turnigy batteries are hit and miss.

I am about to test two brand new 160's today and see how they do.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:38 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiguytrem View Post

Guy
Don't waste your time and money on those. There is a reason why the price is so low.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:10 PM
Newbie but coming on fast
United States, KY, La Grange
Joined Jun 2012
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowmotion View Post
Get mine today....
Also designed a new landing skid in the TDR-style.

Hannes
Tell us more; these are cool, how did you make them?
KYChopper is offline Find More Posts by KYChopper
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:19 PM
AWDstylez
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Racism). It is temporarily hidden while AWDstylez edits it.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:33 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,224 Posts
rampant QC lol....you have any idea how many of these that are flying without issues? Probably lots not posting a thing since thiers is working great.
I think this is my all time favorite heli for the house, and that is out of about 40ish or more micro helis owned and lots being cp

As far as four times the cost...maybe double. Yes a little high but customer service is unparalleled.
There is only one thing i am a little upset about and that is the cost of the feathering shaft...$5.50 for a micro bolt
But the upside is the hisky 80 will be around soon and i am sure the feathering shaft is cheap for that one
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:43 PM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
188 Posts
I've been using my miniaviation 190mha batts and love them with the nano. I'm no 3D flyer, so 6min flights are typical.

Being in the US, I'm looking at stocking up on these but at ~$35 for a five-pack, is there a comparable batt at a lower price (with shipping)??
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:50 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDstylez View Post
LHS just called and said they came in. With the rampant QC issues I'm beginning to have second thoughts though. What makes Blade worth 4x the cost of a similar chingchongmeow heli that has the same or fewer issues with the same or better build quality?
I can't complain about the QC on m Nano because I have been beating the pi$$ out of it and it just keeps going. Broken landing gear, main shaft popped off at least six times, main shaft collar slipped at least six times, and all I do it make adjustments and continue flying. When I get home, then I CA the main shaft collar again and reseal the main gear shaft withPlastic Dip. Try and do that with any other heili particularly with my 130X. A fantastic little bird that can take it.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:52 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
rampant QC lol....you have any idea how many of these that are flying without issues? Probably lots not posting a thing since thiers is working great.
I think this is my all time favorite heli for the house, and that is out of about 40ish or more micro helis owned and lots being cp

As far as four times the cost...maybe double. Yes a little high but customer service is unparalleled.
There is only one thing i am a little upset about and that is the cost of the feathering shaft...$5.50 for a micro bolt
But the upside is the hisky 80 will be around soon and i am sure the feathering shaft is cheap for that one
+1. You always have to keep things in perspective when you're reading on the forums. You're likely capturing most of the complaints while missing most of the praise.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Aug 2012
461 Posts
There have been multiple people in just the few days this thing has been out that went into a LHS, pulled a random heli out of a box and it had issues. I'd call that rampant QC problems, especially when Eflite is claiming they're all test flown.

Here's my concern...

I dropped $200 on an SR - can't learn on it because it's a finicky pile of crap, took hours of tweaking to even get the tail to hold (using the term "hold" loosely).

Dropped $180 on a DX6i to better tune the SR - still can't learn on it because expo doesn't change the poor design.

Thought a $130 MSRX would be a better learning heli - spent four days, six blade grips, and a canopy just getting the thing to fly forward for more than ten feet without porpoising to the moon, even still it's forever hampered by faulty FBL programming which is teaching me bad habits rather than good ones.

Went to a heli show and nearly dropped $280 on a 130x - figured after the SR fiasco it'd be smart to read the 130x thread first and, sure enough, those are a huge bag of quality control issues too.

So here I am again doing the "well maybe if I spend another $150 on this one it will actually be properly functional". I'm just a little concerned, that's all. If I drop $60 on an ssautochrome heli from HK I'm ok with ironing the issues out myself or dealing with some quirks, but if I'm going to drop $150 on 0.2 oz of plastic, a tiny circuit board, and some glue that's labeled RTF, I just want it to function as designed without days of tweaking and another $50 in mods. Asking too much, maybe? I'm new to RC flying, so maybe this is just normal for the industry.
AWDstylez is offline Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Last edited by AWDstylez; Sep 26, 2012 at 05:01 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:10 PM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
Got mine today, love it...

Hobbytown had em at 139.00 bnf, this thing is fast, next to my MCPx's it's noticeably smaller, and faster by far, need to read the whole thread and see what everyone is doing for setups...

So far very happy...

Just my .02
kdill2160 is offline Find More Posts by kdill2160
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:12 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDstylez View Post
There have been multiple people in just the few days this thing has been out that went into a LHS, pulled a random heli out of a box and it had issues. I'd call that rampant QC problems, especially when Eflite is claiming they're all test flown.

Here's my concern...

I dropped $200 on an SR - can't learn on it because it's a finicky pile of crap, took hours of tweaking to even get the tail to hold (using the term "hold" loosely).

Dropped $180 on a DX6i to better tune the SR - still can't learn on it because expo doesn't change the poor design.

Thought a $130 MSRX would be a better learning heli - spent four days, six blade grips, and a canopy just getting the thing to fly forward for more than ten feet without porpoising to the moon, even still it's forever hampered by faulty FBL programming which is teaching me bad habits rather than good ones.

Went to a heli show and nearly dropped $280 on a 130x - figured after the SR fiasco it'd be smart to read the 130x thread first and, sure enough, those are a huge bag of quality control issues too.

So here I am again doing the "well maybe if I spend another $150 on this one it will actually be properly functional". I'm just a little concerned, that's all. If I drop $60 on a chingchongmeow heli from HK I'm ok with ironing the issues out myself or dealing with some quirks, but if I'm going to drop $150 on 0.2 oz of plastic, a tiny circuit board, and some glue that's labeled RTF, I just want it to function as designed without days of tweaking and another $50 in mods. Asking too much, maybe? I'm new to RC flying, so maybe this is just normal for the industry.
test flown and 100% setup are two different things. From what i have read a few that went to the store and test flew the helis didnt have issue but only more pitch one way or another.

My sr flew good other than a bad gyro the HH replaced in 3 days after calling. My second align 450pro 3gx had bad parts out of the box and they did nothing so i bought replacement parts. So not always when you pay a premium doing you get customer service

Any FP teaches bad habits not just the msrx

130x is more complex and a new mechanical design for them, i can understand growing pains there but none the less I have another two 130x's coming in a few days.. Ill let you know if they have issues

My nano has a little tail fin vibe out of the box but that did not effect flight. It also had crazy neg pitch out of the box..easy fix

So far I have at least 60 if not 80 crashes on mine.. i broke a tail boom doing high speed passes through ladder rungs at about crash 45..bent the feathering shaft dropping about 20 feet out of the sky on pavement..but it took about 5 times doing this. Cracked the canopy after about 20 hard impacts on the parking lot asphalt All that and the heli still flies good even though the FS isnt true.

I think it is a good CP heli but bottom line is if you think and CP is truly ready to fly without a once over you are only tricking yourself. If in the event you do have issues yes it will take some time BUT HH will fix your issue.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
461 Posts
Alright I'll buy it just because it's cool looking and I don't like it you can buy it off me. :P
AWDstylez is offline Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)