HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Cool , do we have any dimensions for those fuselages ?, xheli is out of the question atm for me ( im in the UK) and s&h would take the overall cost too high, great for some the US guys though so many thanks.
If any of the US guys have those models maybe they could post some more info ?
I do have the coaxials version of those helis. I will try to post some pics later tonight for comparison.

You should be able get the dimensions on Syma website or manuals, i think.

http://www.symahelicopters.com/

I plan to fit those on my NE 260A, but these fuselages may be too narrow, and some serious dremelling skills would be required
sonnetg is offline Find More Posts by sonnetg
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:48 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,072 Posts
Nice vids with the Airwolf and Bravo SX. What heli is that Airwolf anyway? Home made conversion on the mSR or so?

With the SX vid, the key to preventing the heli to tip over backwards is to apply a little forward elevator as the skids are touching the ground. Takes some practice, but it will make the landing look even better.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Nice vids with the Airwolf and Bravo SX. What heli is that Airwolf anyway? Home made conversion on the mSR or so?

Thanks. Actually this is Exceed RC - MadHawk 300. Very nice little heli. Crashed it few times, but still held together nicely. And with some sound effects it turned out great. I was actually experimenting with Ground Effect. Sure does get very turbulent on the ground with all the crazy vortexes..

Demonstrating Ground Effect Hover (1 min 18 sec)
Last edited by sonnetg; Aug 03, 2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Cool , do we have any dimensions for those fuselages ?, xheli is out of the question atm for me ( im in the UK) and s&h would take the overall cost too high, great for some the US guys though so many thanks.
If any of the US guys have those models maybe they could post some more info ?
Ok. I dont have all the Syma models, but I am posting the ones i do have. With proper skills and patience, you should be able to fit a V911 or NE 260A into these fuselages.

I might try to convert my 260A into a scale heli, time permitting.

Some pics:
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:22 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,431 Posts
It is not a rtf setup but it's still scale.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1704791

I thought some of you might like.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Aug 04, 2012, 01:17 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,072 Posts
Ah, a rebranded Walkera so it seems, as I see a Devo TX mentioned. Shame it's a little big with almost 300 g weight.

As for converting the 260 to Hughes 500, beware that you might need to use the Bravo SX main motor for more power. The canopy adds some weight. It might work, but don't expect the same performance as on a stock 260.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2012, 01:30 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,610 Posts
Take a gooooood look at the pictures and in particular at the PCB!! This board is too big for eiter fuse, except the white MD500 fuse on the right ! (And I highly doubt it will be possible to dremel enough "material" of the board to get it small enough to fit!)
However, I thought about another one:
Were these already mentioned somewhere??
http://www.mmanrow.20m.com/purchase.html
(Scroll down to the 4#3 fuses!)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:17 AM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Take a gooooood look at the pictures and in particular at the PCB!! This board is too big for eiter fuse, except the white MD500 fuse on the right ! (And I highly doubt it will be possible to dremel enough "material" of the board to get it small enough to fit!)

You are right, the Syma scale canopies are too small for the electronics.

As for mmanrow.com...that's what i have been looking for. I am checking it out now. Seems like this is based in US, and price is decent too. I might order a few. Thanks.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:20 AM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Ah, a rebranded Walkera so it seems, as I see a Devo TX mentioned. Shame it's a little big with almost 300 g weight.

As for converting the 260 to Hughes 500, beware that you might need to use the Bravo SX main motor for more power. The canopy adds some weight. It might work, but don't expect the same performance as on a stock 260.
You are correct. At first i was under the impression the 260A had the same electronics as 320A, but i was wrong. The tail motor might be the same, but definitely not the main motor.

A little weight would actually make the 260A less jumpy, but the battery life would really suck.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:25 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnetg View Post
You are correct. At first i was under the impression the 260A had the same electronics as 320A, but i was wrong. The tail motor might be the same, but definitely not the main motor.

A little weight would actually make the 260A less jumpy, but the battery life would really suck.
The tail motor is also slightly bigger, to compensate the added main motor trust.

The 270 is what you mean, a less "jumpy" 260, and the bigger (150 mAh vs 120 mAh for the 260) takes care of the flight time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:34 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,258 Posts
Sonnetg : many thanks for the pics m8 , it looks like we have one or two options to start with
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:15 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
It is not a rtf setup but it's still scale.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1704791

I thought some of you might like.

Coool!!!!! Thanks a lot! The place where you got those canopies is pretty sweet!

http://darthdrk.4t.com/index.html

I'm looking at that Airwolf MSR canopy.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:02 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Coool!!!!! Thanks a lot! The place where you got those canopies is pretty sweet!

http://darthdrk.4t.com/index.html

I'm looking at that Airwolf MSR canopy.
He makes them for the mSR, 4#3, and a few others, but the mCPx was a pray it fits kind of deal. I doubt the others would fit properly. If they do, the rotor line would be majorly off. I came pretty close.

boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post

FYI...i have received two (walkera 4#3 scale) Huey Fuselages from Michael today (2 for $20, can't complain). It should be fun putting it together. So far it seems it should be compatible with V911 or NE 260A. Hopefully, i can complete it when i get the time.

Some pics: [will upload more pics once project is completed]
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:05 PM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnetg View Post
FYI...i have received two (walkera 4#3 scale) Huey Fuselages from Michael today (2 for $20, can't complain). It should be fun putting it together. So far it seems it should be compatible with V911 or NE 260A. Hopefully, i can complete it when i get the time.

Some pics: [will upload more pics once project is completed]
Looks good so far, keep us updated.
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332