Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:49 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Wow! Already at it, thats a true hobbyist...you painting maniac
I spent all day putting her together carefully and no-shortcutting (who me???)...Now I can't just have her sit there without getting her all painted up now can I??
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:51 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
I spent all day putting her together carefully and no-shortcutting (who me???)
Good to hear! and another one over before the maiden
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:06 PM
La Habra, California
Joined May 2004
575 Posts
I did get a proper answer from Sebastian for the availability of the 1700 F4U

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1756638
paracanary is offline Find More Posts by paracanary
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:18 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,556 Posts
hey warbird fan , nice to see a Pa guy in the thread ! I am in Denver Pa , 30 miniutes from you, do you fly in York ?
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Jan 2011
326 Posts
Yeah... I just joined the stoverstown flyers club... Before that I was flying on my own property... TOO MANY TREES!!!!
warbirdfan2 is offline Find More Posts by warbirdfan2
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:52 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
I would recomend tower hobbies...they have distribution locations on both west and east coast. And they are set to handle the volume and support
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Nov 02, 2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:03 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,263 Posts
Tower is good too of course but I hate their website. Very un-intuitive from a end-user perspective. I always hate buying stuff from the site (trying to locate what I am looking for) but they are a good company.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:35 PM
headed into the 9's
United States, PA, Springboro
Joined Apr 2011
119 Posts
I have had great service from Nitro my self and I would much rather do busines with them. I asked Banana about this bird and they were CLUELESS about it. I think Banana has there heads in the sand real deep. They have NO PARTS as usual!!!
Malibu SS is offline Find More Posts by Malibu SS
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:42 PM
Ldm
Joined Jun 2006
7,556 Posts
yes , tower is great but the mark up is high!
DL motors thru hobby king were a good value then Great Planes /Tower got them and the cost went way up .
VQ and TBM work on low markup .
Example KMP was selling the ESM planes at $499, TBM got them and sold them at $299 for the very same model .
In addition TBM spilts the import volume so that VQ can handle some of the distribution keeping the liability on the distributor low .
If you go to TBM site , you will see they are finally take a price increase after three years with the models
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:44 PM
Ldm
Joined Jun 2006
7,556 Posts
warbird fan , I hear ya , I fly at a school , too many soccer nets , field hockey nets lol
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:57 PM
headed into the 9's
United States, PA, Springboro
Joined Apr 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
warbird fan , I hear ya , I fly at a school , too many soccer nets , field hockey nets lol
LDM do they double as carrier emergency catch nets? LOL!
Malibu SS is offline Find More Posts by Malibu SS
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
yes , tower is great but the mark up is high!
DL motors thru hobby king were a good value then Great Planes /Tower got them and the cost went way up .
VQ and TBM work on low markup .
Example KMP was selling the ESM planes at $499, TBM got them and sold them at $299 for the very same model .
In addition TBM spilts the import volume so that VQ can handle some of the distribution keeping the liability on the distributor low .
If you go to TBM site , you will see they are finally take a price increase after three years with the models
Sounds great to me. How do you know all of this about them? And their business?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:30 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Yes screws come with the new hub. I used my old 1.7 Corsair's motor base plate to double-up on the existing base plate (per BM's solution to move the whole prop/hub forward and away from the cowl/dummy motor) and there's a nice half-inch clearance now away from everything. That should completely solve that issue.

dmyers0403, BH wouldn't know of any new 1.7 Corsair because to them, there isn't one. This version does not qualify as a new version, it's simply an updated part (hub). Unless you are talking about the new dihedral fix...Then yes they should totally be aware of that.

Also, yes, my shipping came via west coast...
I did that to my P-47 and it works great to solve the prop to cowl distance issue....nice and simple fix to that little issue that became major
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:38 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
I did that to my P-47 and it works great to solve the prop to cowl distance issue....nice and simple fix to that little issue that became major
Agreed! I did use the same screws as the stock ones though. Will those be long enough with the two plates now? They screwed in nice and tight but I want to make sure there won't be issues with the screws, or I would be, well, SCREWED!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:24 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Agreed! I did use the same screws as the stock ones though. Will those be long enough with the two plates now? They screwed in nice and tight but I want to make sure there won't be issues with the screws, or I would be, well, SCREWED!
The stock screws are plenty long enough...I used them as well. Actually that's exactly how my first two mustang's came and the motor was mounted (with two plates)...I don't know why they changed that? It also will prevent the screws going from the first plate to the motor from backing out or becoming loose because they are now sandwiched between the two plates.

So you'll be fine.

I noticed on the last FF Mustang I got (The Obsession Mustang I'm currently doing) that the motor mount has only 1 (X) metal motor mount and the plastic motor mount in the fuselage has plastic stand offs this time that the (X) motor mounts too...I like the older way better with the two (X) metal motor mounts and flush plastic fuselage motor mount
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Nov 02, 2012 at 03:09 AM.