HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:08 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
3,952 Posts
ESC cooling system

Here's the lil' mod I did with flex straws from my daughter's juice boxes. I cut them to correct length and CA'd them in place. It takes two straws to make one full tube because you need a flex elbow at each end. Very simple to do. Just need to test effectiveness next chance I get.
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:45 PM
You haz hurricane?
United States, VA, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
1,235 Posts
Sea Hurricane is finished!

Hey guys, last update this time! I finished the white stripe at the rear of the plane and the yellow on the leading edge is good enough for me. I decided to weather some panel lines that I have seen alot of the time on models. I hope the weathering isnt too much. Good idea Moonbeam, I will be interested to see what results you get.

Coot
Coot83 is offline Find More Posts by Coot83
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:26 PM
AMA 52726
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2005
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coot83 View Post
Hey guys, last update this time! I finished the white stripe at the rear of the plane and the yellow on the leading edge is good enough for me. I decided to weather some panel lines that I have seen alot of the time on models. I hope the weathering isnt too much. Good idea Moonbeam, I will be interested to see what results you get.

Coot
Coot, you've made one gorgeous Hurricane! I love the colors, the details, and the weathering! Now that my second Hurricane has arrived, I might bite the bullet and build it with some new paint/weathering in mind. Heck, I might as well start with the current already-built Hurricane I have!

Once again, great job! It's inspiring, and thanks for posting a lot of pictures. I can't get enough of this bird, and seeing beautiful ones like yours is truly motivating.
Edge767 is offline Find More Posts by Edge767
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:45 PM
You haz hurricane?
Joined Jun 2012
1,235 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments Edge! I hope that my recent posts can give you some ideas when you being painting the hurricane. I truly enjoyed the project myself and Im sure you will too...If there is one thing I would recommend is to get a dual action airbrush as this really minimized the pains of painting a bird as big as this one. Any particular scheme you are thinking of going with?

Coot
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:53 PM
AMA 52726
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2005
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the kind comments Edge! I hope that my recent posts can give you some ideas when you being painting the hurricane. I truly enjoyed the project myself and Im sure you will too...If there is one thing I would recommend is to get a dual action airbrush as this really minimized the pains of painting a bird as big as this one. Any particular scheme you are thinking of going with?

Coot
I've always been a fan of the blue/green scheme (like yours) as well as the Navy gray Hurricane that I saw Moonbeam post an image of. I also think it'd be cool to have a North African Hurricane or perhaps a Russian one. Now that I have two, I can do two of 'em, so it makes the decision process a little easier. lol.

I have a dual-action airbrush or three laying around as I was heavily into static model building for many years as a member of the IPMS. I've long since stopped building the plastic models in favor of detailing my RC planes, but the tools are still around and help a lot when detailing my flying models. I don't put nearly the time and effort into the detailing, however, as a lot of detailing is delicate and/or heavy. Paint, however, is a good detail that goes a very long way as is so elegantly displayed on your Hurricane.
Edge767 is offline Find More Posts by Edge767
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:54 PM
Soli Deo Gloria
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Jan 2012
165 Posts
Coot, that's one beautiful Hurricane! You did a great job. Well done.
GhostStone is offline Find More Posts by GhostStone
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:09 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,145 Posts
Hey guys, I just bought a BNF for $150 shipped and I'm going to be selling the LiPo, ESC, RX, and possibly the motor to cover for the costs.

I have this motor laying around and I'm wondering if I can replace the stock one with it.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...?strSearch=ntm
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:14 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koo29 View Post
Hey guys, I just bought a BNF for $150 shipped and I'm going to be selling the LiPo, ESC, RX, and possibly the motor to cover for the costs.
Where?
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:27 PM
Joined Jan 2013
15 Posts
Quote:
If you have never flown a hurricane, def maiden it first. This is my second hawker hurricane...what scheme were you thinking of?

Coot

Just some re marking and a little detail.
I have callie graphics for it already on hand

Btw- coot, your Hurri looks fantastic.
Blizny is offline Find More Posts by Blizny
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:29 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2012
884 Posts
Nice job Coot! The guys I fly with like the detail on my Stuka but they never do any to their planes. They try to keep thier planes as pristine (prissy-IMO), as long as they can. Warbirds were dirty, doing dirty work!
Loukhan is offline Find More Posts by Loukhan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fleet
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:30 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louierc View Post
Can you provide the part numbers and did you order these from HH?
Sure, got them from Horizon. Struts are EFL297519, Retracts are EFLG200; No big deal on the shipping charge if that's what you're thinking. Anything over $99 gets free shipping.

CR
Charley38 is offline Find More Posts by Charley38
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:34 PM
United States, CA, Paso Robles
Joined May 2011
132 Posts
Flight Pics

Here are some pics to share of my Hurricane in flight.
Steve L Allen is offline Find More Posts by Steve L Allen
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:31 PM
You haz hurricane?
Joined Jun 2012
1,235 Posts
Thanks guys for all the comments! Blizny that hurricane scheme looks pretty straight forward. Do you plan to repaint the whole fuse? The J, X, and B are all decals and if you wanted to you could try to remove those although I think just painting over them will be easier. Besides that just make some metal paint chips on some panel lines near the left side of the cockpit as that is the side the pilot always enters and leaves. Looks like it was a blast Steve with those pics, looking forward to flying my sea hurricane the next time the squadron assembles.

Coot
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:57 PM
Soli Deo Gloria
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Jan 2012
165 Posts
Blizny, that will be a great scheme to do! I love seeing everyone's repaints. And like what Moonbeam said, it's great learning about and sharing the histories of these airplanes.
GhostStone is offline Find More Posts by GhostStone
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:01 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,087 Posts
just watt tested the stock set-up on 4s, 87amps at 1247 watts, I guess I need to find a 3s that will fit
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts