HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2014, 02:06 PM
United States, PA, Waynesboro
Joined Jul 2011
23 Posts
It almost seems like the tt is a smidge too long and is pushing on the drive gears at both ends- if that makes sense. I've disassembled and reassembled it today and it is assembled as per the instructions. My MD7/8 with helical gears felt kind of the same. I was told that was normal and it'd loosen up when I flew it. When I spin the head without blades it's a little stiff, but spins smoothly. I'll see what happens- I'm wiring it up now and should be able to maiden when the weather clears and warms up.
ricka1 is online now Find More Posts by ricka1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2014, 02:43 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,658 Posts
Boom adjustment?

How do you set the bevel gear mesh in the tail gearbox? Does it use any shims? If the TT is too long and it's pushing on the end bevel gears, it might compromise the gear mesh.

How does the front end of the tail boom fix to the boom block? If it just relies on friction, then you could slide the boom in or out to suit the TT.

I actually have the reverse problem on my 500 at the moment. I snapped the TT in a recent crash, so whilst I'm waiting on a replacement TT to come in, I've been flying with the old TT repaired, by cutting it into two pieces and splicing it with an external sleeve. Somehow I ended up with the TT being about 6mm too short....
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Feb 23, 2014, 05:27 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1,863 Posts
Nice custom canopy.

Firstlady meets mz-24 (english version) (4 min 35 sec)
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 26, 2014, 05:38 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Your putting out some good links here lately K.P. . ( your on a roll ) . . . She was funny in a cute way. Nice radio.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Feb 26, 2014, 05:53 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,658 Posts
How great would that be to meet a girl that was into helis?

Just embarrassing when she can outfly you!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:35 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
How great would that be to meet a girl that was into helis?

Just embarrassing when she can outfly you!
But at the same time maybe a little titillating. . ----> W/ the foreign language of course.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:07 PM
Joined Jul 2011
23 Posts
Mounting FBL controller...

I've been sitting in front of my E700 looking at ways to run wires etc. I'm using the iKON FBL controller and would like to mount it on the lower front tray, where some have placed their ESCs. Does anyone see a problem with this? I had anticipated using the upper tray, but the servo leads etc, seem a little too close to the motor for comfort. If I turn the iKON around, there isn't enough room on the upper tray to insert the USB cable between the iKON and the motor. The lower tray would allow me to mount the iKON with the wires oriented to the rear and leave the USB port right there to the front for easy access. What are y'alls thoughts?

Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2014, 06:00 PM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka1 View Post
I've been sitting in front of my E700 looking at ways to run wires etc. I'm using the iKON FBL controller and would like to mount it on the lower front tray, where some have placed their ESCs. Does anyone see a problem with this? I had anticipated using the upper tray, but the servo leads etc, seem a little too close to the motor for comfort. If I turn the iKON around, there isn't enough room on the upper tray to insert the USB cable between the iKON and the motor. The lower tray would allow me to mount the iKON with the wires oriented to the rear and leave the USB port right there to the front for easy access. What are y'alls thoughts?

Thanks!
I placed my FBL controller on the lower front tray, no problem. My ESC is mounted on the side.
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2014, 06:58 PM
Joined Jul 2011
23 Posts
Thanks CSpaced. I also got a suggestion to try the bluetooth module for the iKON so I don't need to worry about the USB cord. Might just try that!
Old May 02, 2014, 12:15 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,863 Posts
$588 + $50 off coupon AP14X3.

I'd get one but I'm saving for the Forza 700...

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...Helicopter-Kit
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; May 02, 2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old May 02, 2014, 03:23 AM
Where's the swimming pool
Joined Jul 2011
966 Posts
Stop tempting me lol. My wife will kill me.

Btw are you guys stripping tt gears? My biggest concern about buying one of these a tm.
spykez is offline Find More Posts by spykez
Old May 02, 2014, 03:29 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,863 Posts
Yeah I've read about the tail gear breaking not stripping issue. TT is on it and will have a new stronger version out soon. What I'd like to know is if they'll have a new version 2 kit with the updated zero delta blade grip parts.
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; May 02, 2014 at 05:14 PM.