SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 02, 2013, 07:45 PM
United States, NC, Newland
Joined Nov 2005
91 Posts
Very interesting discussion here fellows, I'm no aero.engineer but have flown several flying wing designs both model and full scale as with hang-gliders. It would seem that a very low CG is the key component here...notice the NASA wing in photo has a tremendous amount of upward flex which would equate to a high degree of dihedral,right? Also I would wager that yaw control & stability of that design might include thrust vectoring by
varying the individual motor RPMs. Heck they may be also adjusting the thrust ANGLE of motors for pitch stability who knows...anyway I would think an RC model of a true plank design needs some type of gyro-stability system installed.
1funwingflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1funwingflyer
to remove ads between posts