HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:36 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
Now, I can tell you that it will be available before Christmas, in fact this month.....happy now? Good!
Good enough! Just in time to make it under the Christmas tree....
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:53 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie69_2000 View Post
Hey Scott,

Just so you know I was actually trying to defend HK from those who have been complaining about the Sea Vixen.

Guess I can't win at all with either side.

Might just have to take my own business elsewhere in total. And that would include my full time purchases to another company.
Look who's crying now and wants to take his business else where all because he didn't get a tap on the back from HK admin,looks to me as some of these goody two shoes are the ones who need to grow up.

All this just because HK's SV is a month or so late,who cares we will get it when it comes and then we can all play nicely again.

Thanks for the update Scott.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:55 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie69_2000 View Post
Hey Scott,

Just so you know I was actually trying to defend HK from those who have been complaining about the Sea Vixen.

Guess I can't win at all with either side.

Might just have to take my own business elsewhere in total. And that would include my full time purchases to another company.
Something tells me you have totally mis-understood me, I was simply addressing the suggestion that we don't mention products in advance, that's all Ernie, no need at all to take it personally, I apologise if you have taken it the wrong way.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:11 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,728 Posts
Quote:
something tells me you have totally mis-understood me, i was simply addressing the suggestion that we don't mention products in advance, that's all ernie, no need at all to take it personally, i apologise if you have taken it the wrong way.
+1
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:11 PM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
535 Posts
thanks Scott for letting us now on the imminent release this month of the SV. this will be my last plane, till next year,,which is about 9 weeks away
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rc View Post
Man oh man,
De Havilland heaven is HK

I watched a great vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgV_fwRZmeQ of the real plane this is representing and what a machine that is. This will be a standout anywhere it flies. Another unique model well done.

John
Has anyone noticed the wing flex in high-load turns? It'd be pretty scary flying one of those things!
Znybar is offline Find More Posts by Znybar
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:27 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,715 Posts
Hey Scott, you and all the guys at Hobbyking are doing a great job, I just received my Stick 1500 from the au warehouse, while the box got damaged the contents are Perfect, looking forward to fly the stick this weekend.

Keep up the great work, I hope to get the SV and spit for my birthday and Xmas present from myself, what's the chances eh lol.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:16 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,139 Posts
The Mirage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znybar View Post

I would KILL for a Mirage F1. Beautiful plane, also one of the most successful Dassault fighters ever designed. A lot of air forces around the world still fly them.

DAT POINTY NOSE IS SO SEXY
Glad you like the Mirage...But...Did you know that it is based on the Fairy Delta2
that the Brits didnt proceed with..So many great planes designed in UK and never proceeded with..As Alf Garnet used to say "Thats your "BLOODY LABOUR PARTY". That Canadians also made a version (The Dart) HK has a model of it. Do you remember the TSR2?? Even the world beating Harrier was syphoned of to the USA...Now we have the Euro Fighter...BIG deal....lol
agedflier is online now Find More Posts by agedflier
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:37 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,139 Posts
Sea Vixen

Quote:
As I have already said, the Sea Vixen delays were unforseen but for the right reasons.....to get it as perfect as we can, I had to re-jig certain aspects of the specs/design, I am sure you would rather have it right than early!
Good things are worth the wait...How would all those impatient people feel if they had to keep returning their cars to the dealer because of constant design flaws...Does anyone remember the infamous "TRABANT"

Oh by the way Scotty...will the retracts fold the correct way..I rejigged mine on the Vampire...See pic.

Im not complaining Cant beat around $A120.00 for value..Gives me something to improve on, something I like to do..
agedflier is online now Find More Posts by agedflier
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:35 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier View Post
Glad you like the Mirage...But...Did you know that it is based on the Fairy Delta2
that the Brits didnt proceed with..So many great planes designed in UK and never proceeded with..As Alf Garnet used to say "Thats your "BLOODY LABOUR PARTY". That Canadians also made a version (The Dart) HK has a model of it. Do you remember the TSR2?? Even the world beating Harrier was syphoned of to the USA...Now we have the Euro Fighter...BIG deal....lol
Ah yes, the damage that was done by successive post war UK Governments, I mean, let's also not forget giving Whittle's jet engine away for free and the biggest boob of them all.....the computer....which was covered by the Official Secrets Act allowing IBM (from memory) to claim it was theirs for years, until the truth came out.....ah, UK Governments.... so adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:40 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2005
1,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier View Post
Good things are worth the wait...How would all those impatient people feel if they had to keep returning their cars to the dealer because of constant design flaws...Does anyone remember the infamous "TRABANT"

Oh by the way Scotty...will the retracts fold the correct way..I rejigged mine on the Vampire...See pic.

Im not complaining Cant beat around $A120.00 for value..Gives me something to improve on, something I like to do..
Very nice job on the gear and flaps. I'm with you on changing things to meet my taste. I don't see them as flaws, more an opportunity to improve the situation. There is always a pile of foam on the floor of my shop after I "build" an ARF or RTF. I lost count of the changes that I made to my T-45 Goshawk--just like a lot of other people.My Vampire already has new wheels, a tab to lift the hatch and FG rods in the booms.

A word about those HK retracts in my Vampire. All three of mine began to fold under any weight or side load. I puchased a trike set of Eflite10-15 electrics to replace them - Really! I could have bought another Vampire for exactly that cost!

Anyway I decided to take one of the offending units apart and found out why they were "failing". There is a circuit board under the screw-cam that limits, or better said, stops the motor running when the limits are reached. This board was allowing the cam that opens, closes, and locks the gear to travel too far in the down position.

Upon closer examinatiion I deemed it was fixable mechanically. What had I to lose? I was not preapred to haggle with HK service dept or wait. If I busted them I did not care. I had new ones waiting to be installed.

Soooo, with no warranty issues I proceeded to "hack" out some palstic from where the board was situated and slid the board 1/32" away from the motor. Then I put in a shim/spacer with some CA to stop the little board moving back. Bingo! Now they lock down everytime. Don't know if the fix will hold up, but it was fun just doing it.

A word of caution. The board and parts are fragile and the wiring needed to be resoldered a couple of times due to breaking from too much handling. The board is a static part and normally never moves. Be smart and take an "iPhone" pic before you start moving things. I didn't, but fortunately I had three units to play with for wiring comparison;-)

Regards,

Eric.
Eric Henderson is online now Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mental hang-nails
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:53 AM
Joined Mar 2012
30 Posts
Hey Scott lovely model am sitting waiting for it to come so can buy it. Will it be coming to the uk Warehouse straight away? And I hoping its not gonna be long now XD
madmanbear is offline Find More Posts by madmanbear
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:57 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,608 Posts
It should be available from the UK Warehouse sooner than usual after it goes on sale in HK....well, hopefully....Sea Vixen release is a mere matter of days now.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:18 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,728 Posts
Quote:
It should be available from the UK Warehouse sooner than usual after it goes on sale in HK....well, hopefully....Sea Vixen release is a mere matter of days now.
Thats what we like to hear Scott ( right boys! ) and i like the sound of it should be in our UK warehouse sooner than usual,so now i might have to wait a little longer for it to come over here then.

Thanks for the update Scott.

Will that go for the MK24 Spitty as well Scott,about coming to the UK warehouse sooner than usual,once it goes on sale on the HK website of course.
Last edited by startazz; Nov 15, 2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Just added about the Spitfire.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:07 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,608 Posts
Hopefully yes.....but...I know better than to make promises!
Closed Thread