SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:27 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
i stay out of arguements for arguments sake ,but it just baffles me how you aways defending tamjets . what are you his lapdog .tamjet cant defend himself so you need to be his hero. im not associated with extreme rc ,but in my opinion you should mind your business and let them settle there differences .

ps im sorry to the members here who are reading this(not you JCD) , its entertaining to read the debates with extreme and tamjets but its annoying when a third party wants to join in without being invited and i needed to vent .
hey sandman
its good that you got to vent...my turn!!!......if you read my post I was directly responding to marks attack on me. so yep unfortunately I was invited.
Tam needs no help defending himself, hey how about this.....how bout mark stops attacking people. seriously marks dagger that he just threw at me is 5 or 6 months old minor disagreement that we had and it had nothing to do with recovery of R&D cost lol!!! thats what I mean about twisting words. it was so minor that it should never have been a big deal but here we are 6 mo later and Mark is still throwing daggers.
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:07 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Here is more spinners freshly came out from the ovenand delivery tomorrow morning while it still warm.

The F-100 will power by TJ70 6s set up. Hope find enough time to made the plug to lay up ducting for 70mm.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:12 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
hey sandman
its good that you got to vent...my turn!!!......if you read my post I was directly responding to marks attack on me. so yep unfortunately I was invited.
Tam needs no help defending himself, hey how about this.....how bout mark stops attacking people. seriously marks dagger that he just threw at me is 5 or 6 months old minor disagreement that we had and it had nothing to do with recovery of R&D cost lol!!! thats what I mean about twisting words. it was so minor that it should never have been a big deal but here we are 6 mo later and Mark is still throwing daggers.
QUOTE: I was attacked for wanting my R&D costs back, one of the principle attackers being someone who now works for TJ.

How do you figure the above statement is attacking you?
Its simple fact, if you take it on the offence then maybe you are feeling guilty?
I stated my position on revealling the motors I was using in my combos, told everyone I would eventually do it after I had covered the time and testing and that was it.
I dont recall any disagreement.

I am certainly not attacking TJ or anyone else, I am asking legitimate questions, if someone had just answered them instead of calling me a troll and trying to make fun of me we would all be moving on to the next test/setup/motor etc.

The fact the flamethrowers were unleashed makes one wonder much more about the questions asked...
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:18 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Tamjets or ExtremeRC should bury the hatchet and recognize they are simply competitors.
Originally Posted by Prof100:
This is fun thread to monitor. You have Tamjets doing product development on the use of this fan. I applaud his effort. Once he gets it dialed in and fully developed let's make sure we buy from him and not complain about the cost or selling price. No, I am not a shill. I just think it's only reasonable to pay for your R & D costs.

You did write the above quote right? but I should bury a hatchet because when I question test results I am the one who gets attacked? I point out a bit of hypocrisy in play and I get attacked? How does that work?

And now everyone will call for an end to the non existant arguement, (I am not arguing, I am questioning results) so the legitimate questions will be buried in the pages and never be examined or discussed. End of the day I dont see TJ as a competitor, and I have never bagged off his products, mine are in a completely different price point (not quality point, price point).

How is it someone can preach for years about the virtues of high quality made in USA fans, hand made carbon rotors, special versions of wemotecs in fancy housings, why quality and efficiency costs so much, would never use cheap china products, then next minute is promoting 10 dolla chinese fans, posting huge power numbers for little gain, (ie innefficiency) then calling troll when someone dares to question those numbers.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:21 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,838 Posts
Tam,

Simply put: you have done what you could to put a spin on how Rosie The Eflight motor is.
Its resistance is higher than MEGA 16/30/2 , but the way you put a spin on things the Eflight is better than even 2 size bigger 16/40 with even lower resistance.

Do not ask for links because I will not let you lead me around by a nose ring. I rather walk away than get excessively personal with you. Best for everyone I think.

It is not just what you say, it is how you say it.....and do not dismiss it due to your English etc.

You have also involved some respectable people.....1 of the two people I no longer find as respectable.
Had no understanding of where that 16/40 would end up as in be involved with Tam Jets and your parts…..Cashed in favors with owner of MEGA too….That bites!!!

________

Well over 1 1/2 years ago I gave you 3 brand new MEGA 22/XE motors to test because you were complaining about NEU prices and occasional NEU quality issues....you expressed interest in becoming MEGA dealer for your fans smaller than TJ80.

Over a year after the receipt of the motors you said you have not done any testing and you have no time......AND to this day you have not contacted me with a single word about any testing, data , interest etc.

***I want those (3) motors back....20 months is long enough. I guess I’m impatient.
1 of the 3 may have been 28mm, I can check old e-mails.....moot point anyway.

How soon can you ship the motors back out?
I want those motors back and will be happy to send you $20-$25 towards shipping cost.

You make several good products but how you conduct yourself on threads leaves a lot to be desired.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:36 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
Tam,

Simply put: you have done what you could to put a spin on how Rosie The Eflight motor is.
Its resistance is higher than MEGA 16/30/2 , but the way you put a spin on things the Eflight is better than even 2 size bigger 16/40 with even lower resistance.

Do not ask for links because I will not let you lead me around by a nose ring. I rather walk away than get excessively personal with you. Best for everyone I think.

It is not just what you say, it is how you say it.....and do not dismiss it due to your English etc.

You have also involved some respectable people.....1 of the two people I no longer find as respectable.
Had no understanding of where that 16/40 would end up as in be involved with Tam Jets and your parts…..Cashed in favors with owner of MEGA too….That bites!!!

________

Well over 1 1/2 years ago I gave you 3 brand new MEGA 22/XE motors to test because you were complaining about NEU prices and occasional NEU quality issues....you expressed interest in becoming MEGA dealer for your fans smaller than TJ80.

Over a year after the receipt of the motors you said you have not done any testing and you have no time......AND to this day you have not contacted me with a single word about any testing, data , interest etc.

***I want those (3) motors back....20 months is long enough. I guess I’m impatient.
1 of the 3 may have been 28mm, I can check old e-mails.....moot point anyway.

How soon can you ship the motors back out?
I want those motors back and will be happy to send you $20-$25 towards shipping cost.

You make several good products but how you conduct yourself on threads leaves a lot to be desired.

Gryphon
Wow....never ask me this in
PM.
Thanks for sending me the motor to test. PM the address....and I'm not let you paid for shipping.

Don't blame me when I place the order 20x of 28mm...you never answer my email and ETA of delivery.
That is when I give up.

On other hand....yes I'm looking for alternate of motor at lower cost. Is all about business. If Mega had work for us. I already put on the market. Sorry it didn't work out.

Steve Neu price is higher. But it does show his motor can take the abuse and the service to provide me the motor on time for my productions.
That is very important in my business.

BTW,
I got 7 Mega motor in hand.
I know 28mm is your...but 6 36mm I forget which one is 2 belong to you.
Last edited by Tamjets; Jun 13, 2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:25 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,838 Posts
Tam,

Thank you.....I will dig up which motors in a few days and PM you.

_________

***Just a few pages ago, you said MEGA is more expensive.....wrong!!!

It is best for people to walk the high road!!!

As far back as I remember MEGA's prices in USA has always been a little cheaper than NEU.
And often MEGA builds motors and delivers them in USA in same amount of time as NEU or a week quicker.
Sure there has been times that either company has blown the timeline.
NEU is good enough company that I will not dog it.

MEGA 6 pole costs more to produce and parts are made in Europe.....also assembled in Europe.
I know that at least NEU motors are assembled in USA by the border....not so sure which continent the individual parts are made in though nor do I want to know....will keep my guess to myself.

Have spoken to owner of both companies and they are both cool.

Fact: There is less profit margin in selling MEGA motor than NEU.

Good night Tam,

Gryphon

Reason for edit: someone reported the post....I assume mine and someone else's post.
Last edited by GryphonRCU; Jun 15, 2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:30 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,838 Posts
While I was typing previous post, you edited your post.

Have no clue what you are referring to as far as order.

I do not sell anything and I answer all of my e-mails.

Countless times I asked owner of MEGA if he has had any contacts from you...his answer was always no.

Tam, are you muck raking again?

Who did you contact me or him?
If me send me the date....good thing I never delete anything....maybe start digging around OCT 2010???
And why would you have ordered from me....I am not a dealer and I do not sell anything.

Edit: so you had no time to test to see if motors were good for you (remember that is what you told me).....but then you say you ordered 20 motors?
Dude ....stop, just stop...looking worse and worse!

G.
Last edited by GryphonRCU; Jun 13, 2012 at 03:38 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:36 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
That is too bad.
You Mega guys need better communicate channel.

Here is the email....now what you had to said all about this....

Dan,
I only able to do some test with 16/30/1E for my TJ70.
The result is very good. I haven't fly it yet. Still to busy workings.

Quote me for 20 motor including shipping to my shop and ETA.
Thanks

Tam
www.tamjets.com

--- On Thu, 5/19/11, MEGAMOTOR 1 <dan@megamotor.cz> wrote:

Subject: Re: edf 70mm,80,90
To: "Tam Nguyen" <tamjets@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 8:10 AM
Last edited by Tamjets; Jun 13, 2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:04 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,838 Posts
Another spin Tam?

I am not a dealer....and I have nothing to sell and after I worked so hard to help you, if you had tried to order from me, I would tell you to order direct from owner of MEGA.

I connected you straight to the company owner.

This is crazy.....get your last word in and I will do my best to bite my lip and not answer in a post.

Not good for the thread.

______

Just saw your edit, Oh, so you did not try to order from me like you said!!!!!
I knew you did not contact me....so that is why I had no clue about order of 20 motors.
I will ask about that e-mail and get back to you.

good night.

Gryphon
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:08 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Here is the email you ask when did I send for the order.
I'm try very hard to clear the miss communication.

Dan,
I only able to do some test with 16/30/1E for my TJ70.
The result is very good. I haven't fly it yet. Still to busy workings.

Quote me for 20 motor including shipping to my shop and ETA.
Thanks

Tam
www.tamjets.com

--- On Thu, 5/19/11, MEGAMOTOR 1 <dan@megamotor.cz> wrote:

To: "Tam Nguyen" <tamjets@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 8:10 AM

Dear Tam,

yes sure, when you will have fist experience.. inform me, maybe you will need some changes ...

shipment/Delivery... yes , is true that speed of delivery is not optimal, bacuase we usaully send to him 1parcel in 1 month... but orders come form him aswell 1 type ordered first week, some other second week...more type separatly in more orders duering 1 month, he takes no pcs in stock ........he make order after he receive order from customer....but we spoke we weill change it we will send more smaller parcel in 1 month.... it will be better for customer...

I think by you .. you will test some type and you will need only the optimal best for your EDF .. it menas it wil be not so much different types...
I will be happy ...if you can try it with us...

with best regards
Dan

----- Original Message -----
To: MEGAMOTOR 1
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 6:32 PM

Dan,
I just got it last week.
Been so busy had not time to do the testing yet. But test the 70mm fan first.
Once the testing is done. I also like know the cost and delivery time average before to marketing it.
I had notice Efflux had difficult time getting the motor. I don't want that to be a case.
Brg,
Tam
Last edited by Tamjets; Jun 14, 2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:11 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,838 Posts
Tam, why are you attacking me?
Was I included in the e-mail?

I will look into it for you (the master spinner.)
I'm sure there is a dance somewhere.

G.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:12 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Delete
Last edited by Tamjets; Jun 18, 2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:12 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
Tam, why are you attacking me?
Was I included in the e-mail?

G.
I'm not attacking you. This just clear the miss communication.
Last edited by Tamjets; Jun 14, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:14 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,838 Posts
Delete.
Last edited by GryphonRCU; Jun 20, 2012 at 09:24 PM.