HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:20 AM
Dave Pope Manawatu NZ
Palmerston North NZ
Joined Dec 2006
1,250 Posts
Look Aston, still fits in with the a few of us, we are there from the 7th to 16th. Bring it on.
pope is offline Find More Posts by pope
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:57 AM
Dave Pope Manawatu NZ
Palmerston North NZ
Joined Dec 2006
1,250 Posts
progress

sheds a mess, but no time, slopies for africa, 5 one the go at once, sanding bagging on and on. More materials arriving soon to keep things going.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:04 AM
New Zealand, Wellington, Porirua
Joined May 2006
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pope View Post
sheds a mess, but no time, slopies for africa, 5 one the go at once, sanding bagging on and on. More materials arriving soon to keep things going.
Same here. I have 3 builds on the go at the moment and a couple in the queue but am running out of time.
jonoashton is offline Find More Posts by jonoashton
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:37 AM
PB of 733kph
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2005
5,514 Posts
Looks just like my garage at the moment! Except I have 8 models on the go!

Hey, reckon I could steal a plank fuse off you? Need something for my windburner wing to get it flying again
ALEX HEWSON is offline Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:45 PM
Mr T
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Feilding
Joined Dec 2009
305 Posts
Hey Alex, I am heading down to chch today, with fuse on board for ya. will be able to drop it off tomorrow.
trub is offline Find More Posts by trub
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:49 PM
PB of 733kph
Joined Jul 2005
5,514 Posts
COOL!!!!!

My cell is 027 341 3154

Woot!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Nov 2004
1,228 Posts
Wish I could get more building done, still need to build the speedo repair the reverb, Parkjet and build my box but family commitments, work building is slow. Long weekend coming up so hope to get a lot done.
AUSELECTRIC is offline Find More Posts by AUSELECTRIC
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:05 PM
Australia, VIC, Keysborough
Joined Jun 2004
2,059 Posts
I am still working on a new speedo wing, since the last one exploded on catapult launch.
This one should withstand that kind of abuse. It is fairly solid built, maybe not quite as strong as Josh's wings, but should be good enough for 200mph.
Has there been a record established for the speedo outlaw yet?
Not sure what weight it will be ending up at, since I have not painted and finished the wing. But I would think it'll end up around 900g-1000g.
I will bring some short TX sticks, so Alex can give me his valued opinion about the handling of it. ( I know you fly mode 2, and I fly mode 1. But that should not be too hard to be changed if you want to).
I glued in tip weight of 70g each side. I also will install the servos from the top to protect the horns on landing.
I also changed the airfoil to a RG14.
Will be interesting to see how she goes.
AeroNut45 is offline Find More Posts by AeroNut45
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:22 PM
New Zealand, Wellington, Porirua
Joined May 2006
598 Posts
I have my Zipper finished and ready for a test fly.

So far I have a Zipper, typhoon, destiny, windburner and Bee to take. That has to be at least one day of flying and wreckage. On the bench are a Bat and AFP60 in various states of completion (slow progress).
jonoashton is offline Find More Posts by jonoashton
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:26 PM
Arrarrar!
Australia, NSW, Wagga Wagga
Joined Jan 2010
3,410 Posts
looking great Knut! 200 would have you miles in front of the speedo pack. I think Anthony has the record at about 150 or so.
josh18 is offline Find More Posts by josh18
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:47 PM
Blue Sky Mining
Australia, VIC, Ballarat
Joined Feb 2009
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroNut45 View Post
I am still working on a new speedo wing, since the last one exploded on catapult launch.
This one should withstand that kind of abuse. It is fairly solid built, maybe not quite as strong as Josh's wings, but should be good enough for 200mph.
Has there been a record established for the speedo outlaw yet?
Not sure what weight it will be ending up at, since I have not painted and finished the wing. But I would think it'll end up around 900g-1000g.
I will bring some short TX sticks, so Alex can give me his valued opinion about the handling of it. ( I know you fly mode 2, and I fly mode 1. But that should not be too hard to be changed if you want to).
I glued in tip weight of 70g each side. I also will install the servos from the top to protect the horns on landing.
I also changed the airfoil to a RG14.
Will be interesting to see how she goes.
Ant has 140 at Johanna with his bagged Speedo (listed in the Aus speed thread). You should remember, we were both there !!
That was the day you got your speed with the Ocelot. Both flights finished similarly
(My plane literally got blown to the bottom of the valley )
batballs is offline Find More Posts by batballs
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:56 PM
PB of 733kph
Joined Jul 2005
5,514 Posts
Picked up Joe Wurts's D80 this afternoon. He is down for the weekend and plans to set it up ready for Dec
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined Jun 2004
2,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by batballs View Post
Ant has 140 at Johanna with his bagged Speedo (listed in the Aus speed thread). You should remember, we were both there !!
That was the day you got your speed with the Ocelot. Both flights finished similarly
(My plane literally got blown to the bottom of the valley )
Gee that was a while ago, actually my first time DS. Was so busy with myself forgot almost everyone around me.
Have to find out how much Ant's speedo weighs.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:29 PM
Joined Jun 2004
2,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh18 View Post
looking great Knut! 200 would have you miles in front of the speedo pack. I think Anthony has the record at about 150 or so.
Hei, I am not saying I can get those speeds with it, meaning the airframe would be capable of it.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:22 AM
Dave Pope Manawatu NZ
Palmerston North NZ
Joined Dec 2006
1,250 Posts
Good to see what others are up to for the build up to the fest.