HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
1 Mark a white line in two directions for keeping original calibrations.
2 do not over screw the lens you may damage a sensor.
3 snap a photo, and video at 3 feet, something to read clearly.
4 snap a photo and video as well for distance concentrating for 125 feet.
5 turn cw/ccw in incriments and always check with again still and photo.
6 once perfectly aligned remove marks and remark, a drop of locktite will keep in place.
7 ver 2 use tv out to examine live.
8 if crossed threads carefully remove and replace on by unscrew into thread and gingerly back in
Just some pointers to go by if your lens may be out of focus

Most FF (fixed focus ) cams are at their focal point at 28 inchs to ~ and anything outside of 125 feet is background video

For focal adjusting

If partial blur on one side you are crossed threaded, and lens cocked, gently unscrew and realign marking for focus may or not be applied but still givs the idea wher not to pass?

Sometimes it's best to contact seller as well, they will troubleshoot, and swap, the lens if need be?
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 10, 2012 at 04:32 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:55 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude258 View Post
Just bought a 808 #16 V2 -Lens D Car Key Chain but I think it may not be a good copy. The quality of the video is not good on the center and center -right of the frame for object that are far from the camera. It seems not to be on focus. On the left it seems OK. Can you check the following video and tell me if you agree with me? Is there something to do to get better image?

http://youtu.be/pbFEFDnhI2E?hd=1
It is out of focus on the right. I would capture a frame to show the seller, maybe he will send another lens. As it is, it can't be fixed by focussing.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:56 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude258 View Post
Just bought a 808 #16 V2 -Lens D Car Key Chain but I think it may not be a good copy. The quality of the video is not good on the center and center -right of the frame for object that are far from the camera. It seems not to be on focus. On the left it seems OK. Can you check the following video and tell me if you agree with me? Is there something to do to get better image?

http://youtu.be/pbFEFDnhI2E?hd=1
I agree. I would not be happy with that focus either. Might try to adjust as mentioned or ask seller for another lens or camera if doing a lens adjust or swap is not something you want to try. Close up looks good though, must be set to favor close up as adjusted now.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Turn off itself

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and desperately need help.
My 808 #16 v1 has been working in the last 6 months.
I always have it plug-in while recording (turn it on, starting recording and then plug it in so it's charging while recording).
Recently, after I plugged it in to charge while recording, it continues to record for about 30 sec to 1 min and it turns itself off.
I tried fully charged it and then record without plugging it in. It recorded okay for about 10 mins then I plugged it in and it then continued recording for a min and powered off itself.
I have been using the same memory card without any problems. I tried format the memory card with this camera but didn't help.
I tried the new AVI v.36 firmware but it didn't help. I have been using AVI firmware.
Could someone please help?
Thanks.
Naka
Naka is offline Find More Posts by Naka
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:38 AM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
examples for advanced settings in beta firmware: White balance

More test snapshots of settings. Filename shows what's what. Settings not named are default.

Auto and fluorescent semm to me the only useful settings. Daylight is pinky, cloudy is yellow (should test it with overcast sky?), tungsten should be tested with tungsten light.
falconerider is offline Find More Posts by falconerider
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:41 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka View Post
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and desperately need help.
My 808 #16 v1 has been working in the last 6 months.
I always have it plug-in while recording (turn it on, starting recording and then plug it in so it's charging while recording).
Recently, after I plugged it in to charge while recording, it continues to record for about 30 sec to 1 min and it turns itself off.
I tried fully charged it and then record without plugging it in. It recorded okay for about 10 mins then I plugged it in and it then continued recording for a min and powered off itself.
I have been using the same memory card without any problems. I tried format the memory card with this camera but didn't help.
I tried the new AVI v.36 firmware but it didn't help. I have been using AVI firmware.
Could someone please help?
Thanks.
Naka
I don't think anyone can help you if you can't swap items to see where the problem lies.

Even though you formatted your card, there could still be a problem with your card. If you have another card, this would be easy to check.

If you've been using your camera for six months it could well be there is a problem with the battery. Whereas the battery appears to work, the charging/monitoring electronics thinks the battery is weak and shuts down the camera.

There could be a problem with your computer's USB 5V supply. See if the problem disappears when you connect the camera to a dedicated charger, or, not a perfect solution, connect the camera to another PC.

If you have a dedicated power supply you could try using it with the battery disconnected. You could also use your PC for this test, but you would have to cut the two data wires in the cable. This is not difficult so long you have a replacement cable. Carefully slice open the cable somewhere in the middle with a sharp knife making a cut about 2 inches long. Now carefully remove the shielding wire and/or foil. Inside the cable you should find 4 wires. Normally, the red and black wires are the 5V and ground wires. Cut the other two (data) wires which are most likely green and white. You now have a cable with which you can run your camera directly from your PC. You can now connect the cable and then start the recording, but the reverse procedure will still work.

I'm sorry, no other tests come to mind, but I would think the battery is the primary suspect.

You can order new batteries from the sellers listed on post #2.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:44 AM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
examples for advanced settings in beta firmware: Exposure

More test snapshots. Filename show what's what. Settings not named are default.

Steps are a bit big. Strange: Setting "dark" is darker than "darker"
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Naka

Welcome aboard to the 808 keycam site. First thing I say to any new forum member.

As reading Post 1-5 you will find your answer to your questions, if not do a search with key words for the issue at hand it may lead you to some of the posts, that have simular issues.

a) battery.

b) micro cards

battery,

you need to determine if its the battery and you can check voltage, disconnect ,run external power ( usb battery pack) sources. if all works well it is the battery losing charge

micro card

clear all off info in card, no firmware files correct format... swap cards. if all works well it is the card

First thing will be to make sure the card is clean,files firmware all off, then work on the battery, if not the card and if the bat, for some currancy you can order a new battery. and that may clear up your issue if, IF the battery has reached its time?

If the cam is left in the card reader, with the red light on, could it possiably be draining the battery itself, and the camera is not charging? so make sure it's charged , green light?

I found myself in a simular situation, and things worked out by trouble shooting the situation at hand card, battery charge.

Remember cold wx affects run time of camera , again welcome aboard and hope you find your answer.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 10, 2012 at 07:00 AM. Reason: In due time I correct as I read over
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:49 AM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
examples for advanced settings in beta firmware: Saturation

This is saturation with all other settings default. Saturation with fluorescent combination will follow.

No comment.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:55 AM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
examples for advanced settings in beta firmware: Saturation with fluorescent

This is combination flurescent with the saturation settings. Will fluorescent affect this like it does with the color options?

Hmm, I don't see a difference between "lower" and "low". The others are different, so the "bad influence" of fluorescent is not there.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:59 AM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
examples for advanced settings in beta firmware: Contrast

The last one.. Filename show what's what. Settings not named are default.

This is strange: I see only small differences in contrast, but big differences in colour warmness/coolness.
Last edited by falconerider; Oct 10, 2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:11 AM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
looking for the best colours in advanced settings

In an earlier post I said that the Fluorescent-Saturation high setting looks a bit too warm for me. So I played with the settings and found this:

808#16V1 WB auto, sat high, ColOpt cooler in sunshine (0 min 9 sec)

This is auto white balance - saturation high- Colour Option cooler, in sunshine

Wow! These are the best colours I’ve ever seen from this camera! They are living, and look exactly like what I see with my eyes. Esp. green is the real existing green.

But unfortunately this only works in sunshine or very bright daylight, as you can see in the next video:

808#16V1 WB auto, sat high, ColOpt cooler no sunshine (0 min 16 sec)

This is the same setting, but without sunshine. It begins as good as above, but then: Watch 00:06, when the camera turns left! From here the green shifts into something grey-green and stays so, which is not nice in my eyes. Compare the begin of this clip with the end.

How could this be fixed? Maybe this works:

To the developer: Take the parameters for Auto WB in bright sunlight. Fix them and create a new WB option called “sunshine”. Delete the (in my eyes) useless option “daylight”, and replace it with the new sunshine option.

The combination of this fixed sunshine WB option with high saturation and colour option cooler would bring the best colours in different light conditions.

Hopefully!

Ciao
Falconerider

Now I stop posting tests for a while....
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:26 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,552 Posts
Comments below in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
As reading Post 1-5 will find your answer to your question, if not a search with key words may lead you to some of the posts, that have simular issues.
Before you post a barely comprehensible and incorrect answer I suggest you read the posts. This issue has not yet been posted!
battery, you need to determine if its the battery and you can check voltage, disconnect run external sources. if all works well battery
What external sources are you talking about?
If the cam is left in the card reader, wit hthe red light on, could it possiably be draing the battery itself, and the camera is not charging? so make sure it's charged ?
This phrase is full of spelling mistakes (use a spell checker!), but please, tell us how you can fit the cam into a card reader? That's something new to me

I found myself in a simular situation, and things worked out by troubleshooting the situation at hand card, battery charge.
Giberish....
In summary, your post has virtually nothing to do with the original question! How can the battery be drained when Naka clearly states he can record 10 minutes?

Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:56 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,430 Posts
Falconerider, excellent series of tests!!

Auto is ok except for the fade to gray problem, which occurs with clear blue sky.

I would prefer fluorescent, even if not perfect, might be more stable. Clear sky here on Thursday, so will test.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:31 AM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Falconerider, excellent series of tests!!

Auto is ok except for the fade to gray problem, which occurs with clear blue sky.

I would prefer fluorescent, even if not perfect, might be more stable. Clear sky here on Thursday, so will test.
Thanks!

Auto isn't bad, but not ok for me, because it fades to gray-green in lower light. Fade to gray in blue sky I can't test for lack of clear blue sky
I prefer a fixed WB. Fluorescent is stable,I agree. I try this in combination with different contrast settings now.