HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2015, 06:33 PM
Drone Collector
Joined Dec 2014
330 Posts
[QUOTE=jiggz;30521436]Hey tony glad to hear your mods worked out...
I haven't finished the flaps and I have decided I'm not going to go the distance with them I fitted the servos and since I have found she is tail heavy not much but I feel it has adjusted the handling of the model so I will remove servos and just use her as is
Anyhow the vid from yesterday just starting to get the feel of her inverted

Nice one on the video Jeff. I tried fitting flaps on mine, but it just doesnt need them, and IMHO makes the spitty unpleasant to land.

Finally managed to grab a pic on my brief visit home. Yes, it is sitting on a chair in the living room!. Am determined to rip the canopy off and properly paint inside if i ever get more time.
Blade Runner 350 is offline Find More Posts by Blade Runner 350
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2015, 06:44 PM
Drone Collector
Joined Dec 2014
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomaniac45 View Post
I managed to get the spitty out today

winds were gusting 30, constant about 20 mph.

quite blustery. my wot-next only did 1 battery. As at 3/4 throttle she was not making any head way.

The mods i have done to the spitty were fantastic, easy take off, and landing, no issues.

the gear handled the football pitch really well, a bit bumpy, but they handled it. The flaps really did help slow her down,

although she is already able to go slow, i was able to land her at a little faster than walking pace, she really floats down so nicly.

I bet in calm winds that will pick up a little, but take off was in less than 25ft.

best mods ive done but i will make the flaps a little more aggressive, and i will do the half D-Day stripes (as it is on the actual plane)

This is now my goto plane, she handles so fantastically, she really does make me look good. (and thats saying something....)

tony.
Glad your flap mod is working great Tony Maybe i am using too much flap this side. Will bring em up slightly and have another go another time.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 01:58 AM
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
1,552 Posts
[QUOTE=Blade Runner 350;30541063]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Hey tony glad to hear your mods worked out...
I haven't finished the flaps and I have decided I'm not going to go the distance with them I fitted the servos and since I have found she is tail heavy not much but I feel it has adjusted the handling of the model so I will remove servos and just use her as is
Anyhow the vid from yesterday just starting to get the feel of her inverted

Nice one on the video Jeff. I tried fitting flaps on mine, but it just doesnt need them, and IMHO makes the spitty unpleasant to land.

Finally managed to grab a pic on my brief visit home. Yes, it is sitting on a chair in the living room!. Am determined to rip the canopy off and properly paint inside if i ever get more time.
hey blade spit looks great and so does the set of b17 wings..
i found changing the canopy rear by painting it in slightly to make the glass smaller made a much nicer representation of the spit canopy...

i took mine out yet again yesterday for flight 102 this is an everyday flyer and comes everywhere wit me ....took yet another vid..i think i have more footage of her than any other bird i have...
Dynam spitfire VB trop hooligan play (6 min 54 sec)
jiggz is offline Find More Posts by jiggz
Last edited by jiggz; Jan 21, 2015 at 07:26 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 07:03 AM
Drone Collector
Joined Dec 2014
330 Posts
[QUOTE=jiggz;30544861][QUOTE=Blade Runner 350;30541063]
hey blade spit looks great and so does the set of b17 wings..
i found changing the canopy rear by painting it in slightly to make the glass smaller made a much nicer representation of the spit canopy...

i took mine out yet again yesterday for flight 102 this is an everyday flyer and comes everywhere wit me ....took yet another vid..i think i have more footage of her than any other bird i have...

Nice one again Jeff. I gotta hand it to you mate, you really just get out and do it. I really wish i had more time, and a more local strip. So many on these threads make hanger queens and never fly em!. It's nice to see someone that does.

All noted on the canopy paint.

I have another completely standard spit not pictured over the other side of the room (in case i ever decked the first one..lol!). Will have a go at that whenever i can.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 07:41 AM
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
1,552 Posts
im pretty lucky in the fact I am the site manager for our village primary school ..with gated off fields which only I have the keys to ...grounds r not massive but big enough to have fun with a micro..I have used my visionaire there also...the school in most of my view..my regular flying field with the cricket pitch is the secondary school field which I also have full access to...its about 300 yds from my front door...I can decide at say 12:30 to go for a fly on a sat and sun..quick walk to the hanger and grab a desired bird12:35...walk across the rd and power up 12:40....fly two 7 min flights with a few mins between for a ciggy ..12:55....then walk back to the hanger to debrief...13:00...and if the mood takes me again at say 15:00 back to the field with another bird..
The big field that's also in my vids ..where I crash the most..is a 5-7 min drive at the other end of the village...I work a split shift so plenty of ops during the day
Jeff

Well I wrote all that with no mention of my dynam spitfire!!....ahh there u go I just did
Old Jan 21, 2015, 08:39 AM
Drone Collector
Joined Dec 2014
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
im pretty lucky in the fact I am the site manager for our village primary school ..with gated off fields which only I have the keys to ...grounds r not massive but big enough to have fun with a micro..I have used my visionaire there also...the school in most of my view..my regular flying field with the cricket pitch is the secondary school field which I also have full access to...its about 300 yds from my front door...I can decide at say 12:30 to go for a fly on a sat and sun..quick walk to the hanger and grab a desired bird12:35...walk across the rd and power up 12:40....fly two 7 min flights with a few mins between for a ciggy ..12:55....then walk back to the hanger to debrief...13:00...and if the mood takes me again at say 15:00 back to the field with another bird..
The big field that's also in my vids ..where I crash the most..is a 5-7 min drive at the other end of the village...I work a split shift so plenty of ops during the day
Jeff

Well I wrote all that with no mention of my dynam spitfire!!....ahh there u go I just did
Ohh how the other half do live...lol!. The perfect job

How about talking to the school, and telling them it would be nice to have a large concrete strip in the middle of the field for "Bicycle learning practice"...and maybe some white lines painted in the middle for road learning practice.

And how about some lights on the edge of the concrete for "Night Learning". And maybe some piano keys painted on the beginning of the strip for "music practice".

The whole thing shouldn't cost more than 20 grand.

The "kids" would love it...lol!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 01:10 PM
Not always grumpy!!
UK, Eastleigh, Eastleigh
Joined Jul 2010
640 Posts
I know where were going for a southern england forum meet

at least on a cricket pitch you dont get football stud marks all over it, creating a really harsh surface,.,
insomaniac45 is offline Find More Posts by insomaniac45
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Merry Christmas to all.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 01:14 PM
keep um between the tree's
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Feb 2013
1,801 Posts
wing set

gm guys ,

nice videos all ! it has been raining and cold here != no flying anything period for the next week or so !

i was wondering and dont laugh ok = does any of you guys have a spare used wing set from a previous mishap ?if so , would you be willing to part with them ? i have a spare fuselage and elevator and was thinking on putting another spit together with a upgrade motor in it . motion rc wants 40$ for a wing set . my other spit is fine. i just would like to make use of the other fuselage .willing to pay for it and shipping .

thanks in advance

tracy
kildar is online now Find More Posts by kildar
Old Jan 23, 2015, 05:54 AM
Not always grumpy!!
UK, Eastleigh, Eastleigh
Joined Jul 2010
640 Posts
Not sure why we would laugh at a decent request.

but unfortunatly i only have 1 spit, and she is in A1 flying condition

but if any of your american friends have a spare set im sure they could help you out

tony.
insomaniac45 is offline Find More Posts by insomaniac45
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Merry Christmas to all.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:27 AM
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
1,552 Posts
Hey tony ..u mentioned a meet ??
Where is it.taking place I wouldn't mind attending
Jeff
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:58 PM
keep um between the tree's
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Feb 2013
1,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomaniac45 View Post
Not sure why we would laugh at a decent request.

but unfortunatly i only have 1 spit, and she is in A1 flying condition

but if any of your american friends have a spare set im sure they could help you out

tony.
thanks anyways ,

suppose to have a weather break here this weekend . i hope to get some flying in !
tracy
kildar is online now Find More Posts by kildar
Old Jan 23, 2015, 01:25 PM
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
1,552 Posts
Same here Tracy weather lookin good I'm really hoping it is calm so I can maiden my beaver on floats