HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2015, 04:30 PM
New Zealand, Northland, Kaikohe
Joined Aug 2011
2,774 Posts
DC-3 rc plane crash (0 min 38 sec)

Comments on that video say it was tail heavy but I don't think so. Just a nice plane that got airborne too early.
How about this for a RC flying strip ?
RC Model Plane Crash. Maiden voyage (5 min 27 sec)

A nasty job to fix that ? BTW...Graham from that video of mine posted before was adamant he'd rebuild his FW190 wings and the plane would fly again. Time will tell.
And back to a P40 again. A real one in fact. Great shots of it's take-offs and landings.
Schellville P-40. 1-5-15 (10 min 45 sec)

Brent.

This is where I brought my gyro from. No problems..... goodluckbuy ????
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/eagle-a3-...airplanes.html
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/eagle-a3-...airplanes.html
They are out of stock for now. Funny that.
Kaikokid is offline Find More Posts by Kaikokid
Last edited by Kaikokid; Jan 15, 2015 at 04:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2015, 06:22 PM
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,984 Posts
This was posted on the "FMS, participate in giant warbird development' thread. An outstanding bit of work and some really smooth flying.
P-51D Mustang, Scale FPV HD (3 min 6 sec)

This must be the fulfillment of a dream for lots of us pilots who, somewhere within, have that desire to be in the cockpit of one these small airplanes for a bit of a dash aloft.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Jan 18, 2015, 07:20 AM
Australia, NSW, Williamtown RAAF
Joined Aug 2008
2,488 Posts
That is very good. Perhaps I should think about building my next P-40 with FPV?

Have moved into the new location and have got the man cave in some semblance of order, but not build-ready as yet. Got a big 'honey-do list' and work trips to do . Will get to it eventually.

Cheers,

Dan.
dro56595@bigpo is offline Find More Posts by dro56595@bigpo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2015, 07:26 AM
Joined Sep 2007
511 Posts
Man that was some stunt flying with that DC3, didn't think you could hover one of those, hats off to that guy!
Also loved the peanut gallery giving advice in the background of the Zero that got trashed, that's fixable they said but I reckon it will buff right out!.yeah right!:-)
That P51 FPV was out of control!!! Top marks for that one:-0( Didn't see the guy drop the Dunlops though or the Flaps...........now that would take some doing:-):-)
And the Kitty & Alfa?......well lets just say after those two sexy machines comes sex itself, always a 2nd:-)lol

CW
capt wally is offline Find More Posts by capt wally
Last edited by capt wally; Jan 18, 2015 at 07:46 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 05:41 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,774 Posts
Fun and games.

Modell ME109 (6 min 2 sec)

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - "Please Read The Letter" (5 min 51 sec)

There's been a lot of carnage amongst our small RC flying group at Kaikohe in the past couple of weeks. I've lost count of the planes going in. 3 or 4 total right offs. Yet the conditions, unlike that last video have been good. Also unlike that last video ( I think ) very little or no pilot error appeared to be the problem.
Remember I said that gyros where the answer ? Well..... they don't always save the day. I put my Tiger Moth onto it's back twice today. I think the trouble was I came in too slow and assumed the plane would drop gradually down to the ground as I eased the throttle. But no... the gyro was adamant the plane would continue to fly straight AND level. until it stalled of coarse. Now this is a big danger! Something to get to grips with with a slow and easy going plane like the TM.
I also discovered my choice of using the old aileron servos from my long dead Harvard was not the best. This is why I got into so much trouble with the Vodoo Mustang. Very, very close to losing it again the other day and without Steve talking me through it I doubt I'd have got it back. After landing it was discovered that one of the ailerons was hanging down about 10-20 deg.
Flew a lot better today with new BIGGER servos. You live and learn ?
WW1 Dogfight British S.E.5.a's versus Fokker Dr.I's (3 min 30 sec)

Perhaps the saddest event was the demise of Phils NZ$700 plus aerobatic Sbach plane. He always had trouble with landing it so took some advice and brought a gyro ! First flight up with it and at a safe height he switched it on. Whoops ! The plane was leaping all over the place. Too higher %. So .... turn off the gyro and land. Coming in on final and all was good... perfect really....when BANG. The plane dived straight down. Phil cut the engine ( single cylinder ) and levelled it out but too late. The UC was driven through the wings and so fourth. Right -off.
I thought oh no the gyro must have caused it. No. Apparently the engine had simply thumped away for too long and the planes airframe gave up. The engine mount parted company.
That's flying.

Wings Over Wairarapa 2015 ( Photos by Dave Hardway and Dave Homewood )
Name: Dave Hardway.jpg
Views: 7
Size: 18.9 KB
Description: Name: 10943040_10153043002438764_1362252348188898291_n.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 71.6 KB
Description:

Brent.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 04:36 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,774 Posts
New Zealand pilots who flew for the RAF, Fleet air arm, RNZAF in WORLD WAR II (4 min 32 sec)

Matthieu Ricard: How to let altruism be your guide (16 min 12 sec)

A non-cat moment ? ( He was just out of shot )
Name: p40 001 (5).JPG
Views: 8
Size: 862.0 KB
Description:

Brent.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:38 PM
United Kingdom, England, Somset
Joined Aug 2013
205 Posts
Hi all

Just got myself a secondhand p-40 does any on have a manual or can tell me the right CG ?

Thanks
Evopower is offline Find More Posts by Evopower
Old Jan 23, 2015, 02:39 PM
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evopower View Post
Hi all

Just got myself a secondhand p-40 does any on have a manual or can tell me the right CG ?

Thanks
Hi, Evo -

C.g. stated i n the "manual", a one large page foldout, is 90mm from the l.e. at the fuselage. The airplane tolerates going back to 100mm easily and this is all checked with the landing gear retracted.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Jan 23, 2015, 06:24 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,774 Posts
Note also that HK have more spare parts for the plane including props....http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...700mm_3pc.html
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM
United Kingdom, England, Somset
Joined Aug 2013
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnats82 View Post
Hi, Evo -

C.g. stated i n the "manual", a one large page foldout, is 90mm from the l.e. at the fuselage. The airplane tolerates going back to 100mm easily and this is all checked with the landing gear retracted.
thanks bud
Evopower is offline Find More Posts by Evopower
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,774 Posts
At last !

Wow15 Vid 027 (1 min 55 sec)

Great news Dan and that does look good. Wagner I suppose ?

Brent.
Old Today, 04:16 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,774 Posts
Mustang is still hanging in there, isn't it wonderful to look up and see the LG tucked up ? I need to practice getting it up quicker !

I saw this plane today at the field. The owner/ pilot lives just out of town. I knew nothing about them (Mooney's) but told the owner I was impressed with it's solid looks. " Ah well it's American built " he said. I said I liked the LG and even a step to get up onto wing. " That folds up with the LG" How cool is that ? Wow... amazing looking spinner..... it's like owning your own fighter ! " Well she preforms like one " he said ..." not bad for an old girl. Built in 1964." ( Beatle mania county )
Mooney Crash (1 min 54 sec)

He told me the LG collapsed and it was on Utube so .... The back parts of the wings had to be rebuilt and it cost NZ$15,000.00 for a new prop etc.
He buzzed us on the way home. Steve told me he has a very short strip to land on his farm and the only way he can get it down is to come in under the power lines.
"Under the powerlines ? " I asked " Surely they are high power cables ?"
No just ordinary road side poles said Steve that's why he leaves the plane here sometimes when he's running late. He doesn't like landing there with poor visibility.

P-40 Kitty Hawk display at Hahnweide 2007 (9 min 9 sec)

Neil Young & The Crazy Horse - Be the rain (9 min 14 sec)

Brent.