SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 07, 2015, 02:19 AM
Find More Posts by mooq
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonebrown View Post
Moving this question to this thread as I was told it would be more appropriate here:

Hello guys,

I wanted to see what some of you thought about this issue. I crashed my Stryker awhile back and now after piecing it back together, it appears to have lost a lot of power. The motor, ESC, new prop, and RX seem to be fine, no physical damage to them. When I go to fly the plane (even at take-off) it barely has enough power to fly at full throttle. Any ideas on what could be the issue?

Maybe the ESC needs to be fully reset or something happened to it? If so, how would I do that? Maybe the motor has been damaged and I just can't tell? I'm not sure and looking for ideas.

FYI - The plane is 100% stock.

Your thoughts and/or troubleshooting tips are greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

t.bone
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey folks,

I'm not sure this Stryker is pulling enough thrust so I thought I would revisit this thread and see if anyone can give me some help?

Do these number look correct on the WattMeter? Also, does the prop appear to be in the right direction? I tried it both ways and this seems to push the plane a little more. Any input would greatly be appreciated.

I'm running a 3S battery on this plane and it is complete stock.

Thanks,

Thomas
I know, it's a really late reply, but you got your prop on the wrong way, switch it and all will be good.
mooq is offline Find More Posts by mooq
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2015, 03:14 PM
Find More Posts by Adamskido76
United Kingdom, Harwich
Joined Nov 2014
792 Posts
Hi guy's, I have the um Stryker and now want the Daddy! If you could have a choice of a BNF and PNF what would you guy's choose? I am thinking the PNF as the BNF is a DSM2 Rx and I would rather a DSMX maybe with stabalization but not sure how easy that is to do?

Cheers guy's

Adam
Adamskido76 is online now Find More Posts by Adamskido76
Old Apr 18, 2015, 08:30 PM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
3,119 Posts
Adam you will have to buy whatever your able to find. They haven't made them in some time. They have had the replacement fuse available. You could maybe piece one together that way?

Jay
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2015, 06:09 PM
United Kingdom, Harwich
Joined Nov 2014
792 Posts
Thanks Jay, I think I have found a few stocking them still over here and can have either, are they a hassle to fix when things go wrong or are they a bit of a pig? I want one but not if they had issues where you have to change a lot of bits?

Thanks mate

Adam
Old Apr 19, 2015, 06:31 PM
Find More Posts by wildwillie63
A 4's forever
United States, IL, Marion
Joined Jun 2011
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamskido76 View Post
Thanks Jay, I think I have found a few stocking them still over here and can have either, are they a hassle to fix when things go wrong or are they a bit of a pig? I want one but not if they had issues where you have to change a lot of bits?

Thanks mate

Adam
I have been flying mine stock with out any problems. Many people like to enhance their Stryker to greatly improve its performance , but plane flies great right out of the box.
wildwillie63 is offline Find More Posts by wildwillie63
Old Apr 19, 2015, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie63 View Post
I have been flying mine stock with out any problems. Many people like to enhance their Stryker to greatly improve its performance , but plane flies great right out of the box.
+1 My son has had his for four years. He has flown it so much he wore the bearings out in the motor and the elevon servos started getting wonky. We recently changed out the servos and I am in the process of getting the bearings replaced. Great airplane. If you can get it Adam I say go for it!
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2015, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by AeroRecon
Work....fly, repeat...
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
1,674 Posts
Also a +1
Love mine all stock except for added lights. The boomerang move is so fun and big crowd pleaser. If you can get one, do it. Strykers got me back into flying years ago. Have loved every one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie63 View Post
AeroRecon is offline Find More Posts by AeroRecon
Old Apr 19, 2015, 07:39 PM
United Kingdom, Harwich
Joined Nov 2014
792 Posts
I really want1 haha Jay how was it to fix?
Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM
Find More Posts by SBright33
Joined Sep 2014
112 Posts
Noob question from an old timer. I've been flying for decades, but I can't figure out which way the cone shaped prop nut turns! It's too tight to easily remove, and I don't know which way to turn it. Can someone tell me?
SBright33 is offline Find More Posts by SBright33
Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Find More Posts by d_churchill
United States, GA, Mableton
Joined Jul 2008
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBright33 View Post
Noob question from an old timer. I've been flying for decades, but I can't figure out which way the cone shaped prop nut turns! It's too tight to easily remove, and I don't know which way to turn it. Can someone tell me?
It's standard thread, so counter-clockwise facing the prop nut to remove.
d_churchill is offline Find More Posts by d_churchill
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM
Find More Posts by SBright33
Joined Sep 2014
112 Posts
Thanks so much. Excellent choice. Next I will apply more torque.

In theory, wouldn't it be safer to design it with a left-hand thread to prevent the nut from loosening under rapid change in speed? It's opposite because the prop is turning the same direction, but the nut is on the pusher side of it instead. Am I correct?
SBright33 is offline Find More Posts by SBright33