Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 23, 2003, 01:48 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Dec 2002
166 Posts
Drenalyn Building Help please?

I have some plans but I think they are incomplete. It shows the plan and side views and I have printed them out for a 300mm span.
But I dont' understand the fuse. It looks it is made from 2 sides but what are they seperated from each other with, or are they just doubled together? . What is the fuse stick? 3/16 spruce, or carbon.
I've looked for some photos without much luc so if someone can guide me through the fuselage buidling , it would be appreciated.

Yes, I'm new at building thing....

I'd like to go with the GWS IPS 'A' motor, 2 Hitec 50's, the jeti 100 ESc and a 7cell 300Nimh battery

Thanks
Snitch7 is offline Find More Posts by Snitch7
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2003, 02:18 PM
Little Rock Regional, Arkansas, United States
Joined Sep 2002
4,585 Posts
THE TWO FUSE SIDES ARE JOINED WITH A (ABOUT) 3/16" WIDE DEPRON STRIP. GLUE ON TO ONE SIDE THEN ADD YOUR SPRUCE FUSEALGE STRINGER DOWN THE LENGTH OF THE FUSE. I USED A 1/4" BY 1/8" SPRUCE STICK. THIS MAKES YOUR MOTOR MOUNT STICK ALSO. YOU MAY HAVE TO ADJUST WITH SOME THIN PLY TO SHIM IT TO FIT YOUR IPS MOTOR. 300MM IS PRETTY SMALL... I LIKE THE 600 A LOT BETTER.
STRINGFLY is offline Find More Posts by STRINGFLY
Old Jan 23, 2003, 02:26 PM
Motors beat engines!
Milwaukee Wisconsin, United States
Joined Feb 2001
4,564 Posts
I've built a couple of the 400mm versions. Out of fanfold or foamcore board the bare airframe wieghs about 1.0 oz.

I never bothered with the double fuse idea, just extra weight.

I also use a spruce motor stick simply hot glued onto the side of the fuse. I also simply hot glued the fuse to the wing and the stab to the wing.

If you don't decorate, this plane will take about 15 minutes to build.

I'm using the dxa, 2 LI cells and 10x8 with the gws pico pak. AUW came in at 5.33 oz. EXCELLENT performance!

Have fun.

Dean in Milwaukee
DeaninMilwaukee is offline Find More Posts by DeaninMilwaukee
Old Jan 23, 2003, 02:30 PM
RPV builder & operator
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2001
2,302 Posts
It can be done a number of ways. As a straight profile where you stick the equipement on the side. On my 420mm, I separated the two 1/8" thick fuse pieces by about 1", with pieces of foam as formers, so I could hide the servos, battery and Rx inside. My motor stick is only a few inches long.
Pierre Audette is offline Find More Posts by Pierre Audette
Old Jan 23, 2003, 04:06 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
I made my fuse for my 380mm version from a lamination of 2 pieces of 3mm Depron stuck together with watered down PVA.

For the 660m version I made 2 sides from 3mm Depron spaced apart with some 6mmx10mm Depron strips.

If your making the small one then go for the minimal approach since you really want to keep the weight as low as possible.
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms